Project - RON wiki

Started by DeviantGent, Tue 24/02/2009 02:17:23

Previous topic - Next topic

DeviantGent

So, along with a restructuring of the current games, there seems to be a strong consensus for having a centralised hub of information pertaining to the games, current stories and characters.

Well, there so happens to be a RON wiki. Problem is, it hasn't been touched in donkey's years, and what is there is either non existant or is about as far from thorough as is humanly possible to be, being mostly copypasta from the old site. The current system for listing the games is also outdated in comparison to what has been discussed on other threads. So, I think along with the new forums, future new site and the sudden interest, now would be a perfect time to finally make something of this.

A possible idea to kick something off - for game pages, I propose a format similar to individual Doctor Who serials on Wikipedia - 2 sentence intro, Synopsis, detailed recounting of plot, continuity (past and present), Production notes (where applicable), and links.

EDIT - posted the wrong link, will re-edit this post when the new site comes up.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

bumblearse

Hold your horses DC! The original RoN site had a wiki too, so when we get back online this will be available. If you can hold on just a little longer then this will be available for everyone to update.

Cheers,
James

DeviantGent

Did it? There's more than one? Doh, sorry, jumping the gun a bit. Getting a bit excited about all of this. You can tell, can't you?

Okay, will edit the original post, and when the site comes back I'll change the link to direct folks there instead.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

bumblearse

DC, I can tell you that the wiki will be available at http://wiki.realityonthenorm.info once complete. Nothing there yet though.

James

Eggie

Any word on this actually coming back?

The information on the site is great but I really think it needs to be transferred to a wiki. RON's a very full and flexible world and I don't think the current site is really doing it justice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk