Redpants: The Princess and the Beanstalk

Started by barefoot, Thu 24/12/2009 14:41:34

Previous topic - Next topic

barefoot

Hi everyone,

UPDATE DEC 28th GAME COMPLETED AND LISTED...

UPDATED DEC 26th (The following are all my graphics)

I have almost completed my first Fantasy Adventure game entitled: Redpants: The Princess and the Beanstalk..

GAME-LINE

It's based on a young Elf, named Redpants, who wonders through life yearning to be a hero.

With his two friends Chris and Simon they set out looking for interesting things to do.

In this first episode Redpants has to rescue Princess Verdana from the evil King who tricked her father and has taken his daughter Princess Verdana as his soon-to-be wife whilst planning to conquer lands!!

Princess Verdana is sad, scared and very lonely... Can Redpants save her???

Play as Redpants who meets a mermaid, trys to get out of a maze, finds Excaliber, fights a hunchback and other unsavioury monsters! Meet Greeny, a friendly but sad dragon...

Can you, as Redpants, save the day?

Redpants just setting off to meet his friends Chris and Simon

Redpants Stopped by Arias the Tree Man

Meeting your friends Chris and Simon

Redpants meets a Mermaid!

PRODUCTION SO FAR....

Story... 100%
Scripting... 100%
Graphics... 100%
Sound/Musics... 100%

Just a couple of small bits to complete.

Hope to upload finished Game by Dec 26th...

I will list it when i have it available for download...

Thanks to all AGS people who have made this game possible, and of course to Chris Jones for the AGS.....

barefoot

I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

Crimson Wizard

That's really weird to see rooms made in different styles. I mean, comparing first screenshot and second (looks like pre-rendered 3d background). Usually this is not a very good thing.

barefoot

Hi Crimson

To a point I have to agree due to the nature of the graphic types...  But I think it passes ok in this case and is only for a short time span..

Your comments are duly noted..

thanks for your comment

barefoot

Crimson Wizard

Nevermind ;)

Hey! by the way, I saw that fourth background in Alient Time Zone game by Babar.
Now I am confused. Is that background some kind of public resource?

barefoot

MESSAGE FROM BABAR...

You probably got them off the Insta-Game Pack from Sylpher's website, the same place I got them from. So no worries, you're in the safe!

http://www.sylpher.com/ig/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this clears things up Crimson..

I will, of course, be making every background totally original in my future games...

barefoot

Darth Mandarb

Alright, enough about the "borrowed" graphics.  A lot of people do it, it's not a big deal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk