Blue Moon

Started by miguel, Sat 28/02/2009 14:32:23

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Ugly Files presents:

BLUE MOON

Dive into the life of Eric Notch, a former detective that was caught on a drug related scandal that took him  back to the lower ranks of the police force of Deelware, an American town on the border with Mexico.
   When Eric gets the visit of a strange and apparently harmless girl in his apartment, a succession of events will drive his life backwards again!
   Don't let that happen and help Eric getting back his dignity and his place in the force!

Screen shots...

Full game will have 6 different locations and lots of NPC and will be a full length game.

Game Progress:

Backgrounds: up to 4 locations (+-40rooms), 60%
  Sprites: 60%
  Music: mainly all mp3 and some original stuff from ZeGarrincha, 80%
  Sound: ripped across the net (doors, cars, telephones, etc...), 60%
  Scripting: The core of the game is scripted and working (custom verbGUI, overlays,etc...), 60%
  Story: 100% done a long time ago
  Tested: Up to level 2

Personal notes:
    Blue Moon will try to focus on atmosphere and story while also doing its best to achieve a decent degree of graphics and gameplay, sprites in low-res are becoming more natural to me and I believe to have improved during the making of this game, animations are being implemented to every action the main character does and also for NPC idle views. You can have a feeling of the game playing the demo. Thank you for reading and comments are welcome. Miguel.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Dualnames

Good to know this is being worked on!!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

miguel

Thanks man, you know how it goes, it's hard work almost supernatural for one man only! :)
That's why it takes so long, but this game will only come out when I feel I've covered everything I can possible do.

Dualnames

Quote from: miguel on Sun 01/03/2009 00:32:39
Thanks man, you know how it goes, it's hard work almost supernatural for one man only! :)
That's why it takes so long, but this game will only come out when I feel I've covered everything I can possible do.

I'd always love to help.. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

BLUEKNIGHT38

Just wanted to let you know that demo was very cool, and I can't wait to play the completed version of this game.   Well, I guess I will have to wait.  Keep up the good work.

miguel

thanks guys,
it is a fact that it's going to be released in the near future. I plan on showing more screenies this weekend.

Paoul

I'm liking the look o fthis game. I'll definitely download it

Khris

Sorry for the OT-ness, but what's up with the window border showing in the screenies?
Apart from the existence of a screen shot command (mapped to F12 in a default game), they were cropped, so why still keep the ugly window border?

The game itself looks nice and I'll definitely give it a shot :)

miguel

thanks paoul and Khris,
while playing the first locations again today it felt good even if I knew exactly what to do. That must mean I am going in the right direction.  4 locations ready and 2 more to go.

Khris, I just used Snag-it to capture the screens, that's all, it's quick and easy and I didn't bother to crop the window border, it's my fault for being lazy ;D

I've also didn't show any more screenies because I was lazy again!

miguel

Just to let you know I added 2 more screen shots on the beginning of this thread.
Location 1,2 and 3 are being tested.
Location 4 is almost done but still has a lot of flaws.
Hope to have this game out by the end of this summer.

miguel

Hello to everyone,
First of all, I want to apologyse for not coming here for quite a while now,
then I hope you all had a good christmas,
and finally I want you to know that I'm releasing the damn game in the following days!

david

Great news miguel  :o

All the best in the next year to you too  ;D

miguel

Thanks David,

I need help to release this thing:

- beta testers (it's not on the early stages of testing still there's allways something...)
- english texts to be corrected (I can send a txt.file)

To people interested please PM,
thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk