Project - Recap

Started by DeviantGent, Sun 01/03/2009 20:19:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Sporkaganza

Well, thanks... I consider myself more of a hanger-on than an alumnus, but I guess that's kind of missing the "everyone gets a shot" point of RON.

I could help write some of the dialogue/displayed text, if you'd like. People say I'm good at that stuff... and what the hell, I think so too ;)

DeviantGent

Heh, that sounds promising enough  8). We need to experiment with how it's going to be presented, but I think it would be a good idea to have some room's text done in preparation. Plus it would give us something to muck about with when we do the tests.

Alrighty. Take a room like Scid's, for example. What information would be necessary for those who have never seen the place in game or no little nothing about it? Characters most associated with it? Significant events? Changes over time?
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Sporkaganza

Should I make a little Word file as a demo, or maybe even a simple little thing in AGS, just showing some sample room text that could serve as background information?

DeviantGent

Word or even Notepad should work fine. Either of those will make it easier to drop the text into what's been compiled thus far. If you need the most recent versions of the backgrounds you plan to base them on, I'm happy to post here/send them to you.

Also, status update - 70 odd rooms and a new mapscreen in progress. This things is most definatly taking shape.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

magintz

I'm sure it has been posted somewhere before but I went to see Dave Gilbert in NY last year at the Pecha Kucha game night and he gave a presentation on Reality on the Norm. It was a fun presentation that I think would be helpful to all who plan on making a RotN game as it is almost like a complete overview of the RotN universe and how it got started.

A Brief History of Reality on the Norm - By Dave Gilbert (YouTube Link - 6:45)
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

DeviantGent

You went to see it? Sweet! Yeah, been posted before, but in a way it was one of the most biggest things recently to kickstart the whole reinterest in RON, so nothing but good can come from giving it as much exposure as possible. I'm thinking it might be a very good thing to have it embedded on the site somewhere.

I'm doing some work on VR tonight, I plan to link up as many of the rooms that RI has put into the build as possible. A quick question - would people be interested in seeing 'rough cuts' of it as more is added, or would it be better to wait until it's as complete as possible first (backgrounds, people AND dialogue)?
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Hudders

Sounds like it would be good to get community input on it as it's developed.

lostbuthappy

Regular updates of your progress would be neat,
plus it would help RON looking less dead.
Disclamer: When I say I'm an artist I usually just mean that I can selectively apply filters to an image until it looks like a blurry version of Uranus.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: magintz on Fri 15/05/2009 17:40:59
I'm sure it has been posted somewhere before but I went to see Dave Gilbert in NY last year at the Pecha Kucha game night and he gave a presentation on Reality on the Norm. It was a fun presentation that I think would be helpful to all who plan on making a RotN game as it is almost like a complete overview of the RotN universe and how it got started.

A Brief History of Reality on the Norm - By Dave Gilbert (YouTube Link - 6:45)

Hah.  I was so stupid unprepared for that speech, but still it was cool having you there Magintz.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk