AGS Coloring ball - Apr 16th-Apr 24th - Chasing a phantom

Started by Kastchey, Wed 15/04/2009 18:26:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Kastchey

In a dream I saw a silhouette of a woman, trying to lead me somewhere unknown. I followed, though no matter how hard I tried, her face eluded me. All I could see were strands of long, wavy hair and an airy dress flowing in the fog - or so I believed.
Suddenly, the shadow stopped. She turned her face to me and I saw...  uh, this:

... so, what did I see?

Rules:
1. It can be everything as long as it has some means of walking. Legs, wheels, tentacles, anti-gravity device - whatever. Just keep in mind that I saw this creature moving.
2. Try to make the colors stay within the outline.
3. No scaling and, attention - no flipping this time!

Good luck and have fun =)

Edit:
Quoteumm...Remember that flipping and rotating are two different things. So add rotation to the prohibited list if it was your intention :)
Okay so no flipping, rotating, revolving, twisting, side turning, mirroring ie. turning around a center point or axis in any direction.
And trophies added:

Matti

Oh no! It's DEATH (who dressed himself rather feminine, so the people won't immediately run away from him).

Well, I did want to make that sprite more interesting, with ghost-like shading and all.. but I don't have much time for this now. Perhaps I'll post a new version within the next days..

SpacePaw

Is it me or does death shows itself quite often in coloring ball contests?

Bulbapuck

Here's my entry:

If you ever have the same dream again, RUN!! :=

15 colors (I think) + transperency

Quote from: Kastchey on Wed 15/04/2009 18:26:24
1. It can be everything as long as it has some means of walking. Legs, wheels, tentacles, anti-gravity device - whatever. Just keep in mind that I saw this creature moving.
It moves like a snail, hence the yellow slime  ;)

PS. This is my first attempt at dithering, don't know if I did it correctly :P sure did a lot of it though...

SpacePaw

Quote from: Kastchey on Wed 15/04/2009 18:26:24
3. No scaling and, attention - no flipping this time!

umm...Remember that flipping and rotating are two different things. So add rotation to the prohibited list if it was your intention :)

EdLoen

Evil

Perhaps a poorly drawn John Kruk?

A reference to an episode of ATHF, featuring John Kruk.

Kastchey

Oh... good... God. This is purely... well, evil.

I thought I'd rather comment on each entry when the competition's over, but I couldn't resist this one.
And I must say I'm really impressed with the entries so far.

yarooze

My Blog

jerakeen

You saw Medusa, that beautiful woman who became a monster in Greek mythology

Alarconte

oh my god!

I normally don't post without saying one thing or posting an entry...

But I need to aplausse to Medusa! Great!
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

pilferinloot

Far from perfect but I have no more patience for these pixels. So here she is:

It appears my mouse skipped. But it's too late to fix. 

rharpe

Not an entry... just a quick fun photoshop deal.

Good luck to all the rest of ya!
"Hail to the king, baby!"

Kastchey

pilferinloot: Wow, finally somebody who apparently doesn't want me dead in that dream of mine. These golden wings of hers are lovely.
jerakeen: Beautiful work. It really asks to get animated, especially the snakes.
yarooze: Woah. Looks like one of those horror creatures from Earthdawn (if anyone still remembers what that was). Very cool entry.
Evil: Like I said... this is the most horrifying entry of them all. And yeah, this guy simply asks for being depicted that way.
EdLoen: I'd say the second most horrifying entry. If that woman was after me, I'm pretty sure I'd run away screaming.
Bulbapuck: Oh gosh. That thing would surely give me an instant heart attack the moment it turned to me. Wouldn't even have to get those jaws into work.
Mr Matti: So I was stupid enough to follow the Death in Person. Serves me well then, I guess (and very nice shading, by the way).

And rhape, nice photo manipulation, the face fits just perfectly. And lol, what a dark raven of the black coven.

And after a really hard time choosing between all the cool entries you posted, I announce that...
...EdLoen
will be the host for the next competition. And is given this: .
And also that Bulbapuck gets this: ,
and pilferinloot, this: .
And that the winners were REALLY closely followed by the other entrants.
Thank you all for participating.

EdLoen

Wow. totally didnt think I'd get this one lol.  I'll have to think about what to do for the next one, and I will have something up by Monday since I'll be busy later today with family stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk