Breakdown

Started by OneDollar, Sat 25/04/2009 14:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

Breakdown

Story
The Captain has damaged his ship's engine, and now the Engineer won't repair it. It's up to you, a lowly Ensign, to reactivate the Auto Pilot and get everything moving again.

Features
*Classic 320x240 graphics
*Comedy scifi setting
*Lots of animation and sound

About
This is an entry to the April 2009 MAGS 'Space Derelict' competition

Links
Direct Download: http://www.onedollarproductions.co.uk/games/Breakdown.zip
Mirror: http://files.filefront.com/13655763
AGS games page: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1155
April 2009 MAGS: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=37346.0
Website: http://www.onedollarproductions.co.uk/games/breakdown.htm

Please rate and leave any comments on the games page or in this thread.

Edt: MAGS is now over, thanks to everyone who voted!

bicilotti

Just today I was playing Erk and wondering: "will he do some more games in the near future?". D'loadin' it now!

Hudders

Really enjoyed it but what are those buttons on the left of the inventory? Are they just there to confuse the player??

Dataflashsabot

Heheh, nice game! I enjoyed it.
Spoiler
I didn't like the way the engineering door works. I'm used to clicking a door to go through it, not click below the door then click through it once it opens.
[close]
Otherwise, excellent.
Oh, and yeah what are those buttons for?

OneDollar

Quote from: bicilotti on Sat 25/04/2009 14:43:18
Just today I was playing Erk and wondering: "will he do some more games in the near future?". D'loadin' it now!
Hope you enjoy it!

Quote from: Hudders on Sat 25/04/2009 15:34:50
What are those buttons on the left of the inventory?
They're there for two reasons. The first is to try and make the GUI look more like a tricorder...

...but I also wanted to involve them in a hidden ending which I didn't manage to put in because of the MAGS time limits. I know its bad GUI design to put functionless buttons in, so I tried to make the active buttons brighter colours and made sure everything you could click on had labels. Anyway I'm considering whether or not to do a director's cut version (although the central game is complete, there were quite a few things I wanted to do that I didn't have time for) so they might yet have a purpose.

Quote from: Dataflashsabot on Sat 25/04/2009 16:40:08
Spoiler
I didn't like the way the engineering door works. I'm used to clicking a door to go through it, not click below the door then click through it once it opens.
[close]
That's a fair point though its completely automatic so, as in real life, you can walk in front of it to open it.

Andorxor

Spoiler

I set the buttons to the colors their letters had on the transporter display.Would i have triggered the secret ending?
[close]

bicilotti

I endorse the idea of a director's cut (which I understand is very easy to say, since I'm not the one who will put additional effort to deliver it :P)!

OneDollar

Quote from: Andorxor on Sun 26/04/2009 16:49:00
Spoiler

I set the buttons to the colors their letters had on the transporter display.Would i have triggered the secret ending?
[close]
Oh, now that's clever :D I honestly hadn't thought of that one.

nihilyst

Nice little game. Well done!

Dualnames

Woot, downloading, by the way, this looks really really good.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

dunnoson

The game looks very interesting!!

Downloading now.

Graphics 10/10
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

Dualnames

Played finished, and well, greatly done. I have to say you made me smile with the access panel and the circuit board (which for a weird reason and coincidence, we've drawn almost the same way)...and the game was really fun and cool. It lacked only some music and it would be perfect but overall I did enjoy it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SuperDre

Just finished it, and loved it, the graphix are great and the storyline is fun.. Hope to see a fullyfledged adventure in the near future from you... keep up the great work..

CosmoQueen

Loved the game, everything was perfect! Please make another one soon!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

bluber2009

It's an amazing little game. It's obvious that you put a lot of love and work into that MAGS game. Thx you.  Puzzles are little easy (as I like it ;-).  It's of cause short due to the MAGS time limit, but everything is well polished and it plays as smooth as butter.

OneDollar

Thanks everyone, I'm glad people are still playing this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk