Coloring Promenade -- closed

Started by EdLoen, Tue 28/04/2009 02:08:56

Previous topic - Next topic

EdLoen

with out any real insperation I present to you this blobbish shape:

No theme this round. No color limits either.

Allowed:
-Resizing
-Rotating
-Flipping
-Minor Aleration (if you need to push a few pixels here or there go ahead as long as the original outline is still maintained)

Not Allowed:
-Rude or obscene imagry.

monkey0506

Ed! What have you done?!?

I probably won't enter but...I have only one thing to say to this: "heh."

Yeah, I'm mature. :P

Stupot

You don't get much more blobbish than this.  Well played, sir.

Trihan

I don't think this counts as a proper entry since I mostly traced a photograph, and I didn't finish the bottom half. (I'm not as artistically minded as I used to be and I proper suck at spriting these days) but here is my horrible half-assed Jabba the Hutt, which was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the blob:

Matti

It's a dinosaur who just had a nice big meal and who is now sunbathing.

[EDIT]And a second one. Some sort of futuristic laboratory. I made it in a hurry so it's not really more than a rough sketch (just like the dino):

arrr

Woof!

EDIT:

Second entry:

Steven Herzweilg, the space mailman.

jerakeen

Its a dragon, but he is sad because his PSP has broken.

DoUn2u

It's a snail!

I was using it to practice my shading  :)
The road to hell is paved with adjectives.

Intense Degree

It's a car!

Don't know whose been driving though...

lostbuthappy

Pie Queen forever!

(Subtitle: Me no drawing, especially
no heads with correct perspective)
Disclamer: When I say I'm an artist I usually just mean that I can selectively apply filters to an image until it looks like a blurry version of Uranus.

EdLoen

nice handful of entries since i last got on.  how ironic that one of the entries has a brken psp cause i busted my windows on my netbook so i'm using my psp to check this hahah.  insedently this means i wont be able to do up a trophy or 3... at least not immeadiatly.

lostbuthappy

Well, use my craptastic whale trophies then:
Disclamer: When I say I'm an artist I usually just mean that I can selectively apply filters to an image until it looks like a blurry version of Uranus.

EdLoen

wow, this was tougher to decide then a... well... an esotaric analogy to finish off this sentence with.

but before I go on to announce the "winners"  I like to say thank you for putting up with my non-insperational swirl with the mouse.  You all came up with such interesting entries that I enjoyed seeing them all, and was amazed there were no igloos *hahah*. too easy I suppose  =).

Anyway, after much deliberation I have to choose jerakeen as 1st.  The detail in the curvatures of the dragon helped push this to the top of my list for first. 

Second place was the heart clencher, so much so, I want to call it a tie.  I just cannot decide which entry i like more for second. So I'm copping out, and calling it a tie between Mr Matti and James DiGriz for 2nd.  MM's dino took advantage of pushing a few pixels to make certain features (like the "toes") stick out.  While DeGriz's Very simple, comic strip style dog head  prooves with such simplisity, one can create something endearing.  Both entries have great qualities I think, and I just couldn't  choose one over the other.

And 3rd place goes do lostbuthappy. And no not cause he did "trophies"--I'm counting those as an entry in themselves.  I just dont think it'd be fair.  They are cute little whales though =).  But the Fat Princess-esque pie queen gets number three.

I do still plan to trophies of my own for you all when i get my netbook back up and running and have access to gimp again.  I'll PM them to you all when I do.

Alright, Jera, you're up next.

jerakeen

Thank you edloen. I'll think something for the nex coloring the ball.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk