Requested removal of games

Started by Renegade Implementor, Tue 05/05/2009 14:53:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade Implementor

I've received a request from DasTobias who would like his following games be removed from the RoN database due to his dissatisfaction of the quality of the games.

The games in question are: Intergalactic Life, Forest on the Norm, Toxically Earth, Intergalactic Life 2.0, Mika's Surreal Dream, It's Just a RON-Game, Easter in RON, Mika's Surreal Dream 2: The Dream Comes True

While I'm willing to accommodate his request, I'd like to hear from the RoN community so the community reaches a decision one way or the other.

RickJ

Well one man's trash may be another man's treasure!  Perhaps he would consider releasing them as open source example games.  They could then be listed as game resources.   In this way RoN history would be preserved and perhaps DasTobias's quality concerns would be adequately addressed because people are grateful for game examples and other resources; consequently expectations, goals, uses, etc are much different and in this context harsh criticism would not be appropriate. 

Ultimately I think DasTobias's wishes shuld be respected but I would ask him to consider making some of his work available for use by others rather than destroying it forever.  just my 2 cents.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

If he doesn't want them available, respect his wishes.  This isn't going to stop the game from being hosted elsewhere or the many other people that have downloaded it from having a copy, though.

Leon101

I don't think I have played any of his games yet. Also, if he is dissatisfied with the quality of them, then why did he release them exactly? That's something I tend to not want to do.

DeviantGent

He was playing the surreal card a lot. A LOT lot.

If he wants them removed, then I would respect his wishes. I know they become part of the RON community, but I think some element of property has to remain with the individual creators.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

As callous as this may sound, I think removing Das Tobias' games from canon (or just omitting them from a reboot) would be good for RoN in terms of reducing some of the nonsensical characters and bizarre/confusing events.  I think that some retconning (like this) would help reduce the confusion that puts some people off the series.  Hell, both DC and Marvel had to result to retcons on several occasions from having so many characters and story arcs get out of hand, so it's not surprising that RoN would benefit from a tweak here and there :).  You could even borrow their golden/silver age concept and allow people to redefine the existing characters for a new audience.

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 07/05/2009 00:24:32
Hell, both DC and Marvel had to result to retcons on several occasions from having so many characters and story arcs get out of hand, so it's not surprising that RoN would benefit from a tweak here and there :).

Crisis on Infiinte RONs! Now all we need is a nice picture of a grieving Michael Gower holding a limp Mika while everyone else looks on. It would be rebootalicious!

cat

I just started to play mika's surreal dream and I really like it. It's a dream, so it has to be strange. Now I'm stuck, is there a walkthrough for it?
What a pity that the game should be removed...

DeviantGent

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 07/05/2009 20:30:09
Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 07/05/2009 00:24:32
Hell, both DC and Marvel had to result to retcons on several occasions from having so many characters and story arcs get out of hand, so it's not surprising that RoN would benefit from a tweak here and there :).

Crisis on Infiinte RONs! Now all we need is a nice picture of a grieving Michael Gower holding a limp Mika while everyone else looks on. It would be rebootalicious!

WANT WANT WANT DEAR GOD WANT
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Renegade Implementor

Since we seem to be in accord, the games will come down on the 15th.  That's just over a week for people to grab them for their collections.

QuoteHell, both DC and Marvel had to result to retcons on several occasions from having so many characters and story arcs get out of hand, so it's not surprising that RoN would benefit from a tweak here and there Smiley.

Crisis on Infiinte RONs!

Considering the way the DC's been handled for the last five-ten years?  Pass.

FireOrange

Thank you for your statements and appreciation of my request. 8)

About the game ressources: They doesn`t exist any more, sorry. I saved the ressources from my newer games whose are still important for me, but the RON-ressources are deleted now.

CosmoQueen

Wow that's too bad. I loved every single one of those games! I've been a RON fan for years and so have a lot of others. How come we didn't get a say in this?
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

DeviantGent

I was under the impression this thread was created precisely so people COULD have a say in this.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk