Sprite Jam - Personal Super Hero - 9th-16th May (finished)

Started by Wyz, Sat 09/05/2009 16:23:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyz

As the topic name infers, your task is to create a super hero/villain like the ones that are known from comic books. There are a few rules before you start.

1. Your character must be a completly new super hero/villain. Preferently aside from the realm of existing ones.

2. Your design must fit as a AGS character. You are allowed to animate you character but this is by no means necessary.

3. Draw your character in stance and name it and its special abilities.

For bonus points:

4. Give a short description about your hero/vallain. What are his motives, his nemesis. Does he have an alterego. How did he came into exsistance as a super hero/vallain, and gain his special abilities.

5. If he has an alterego, you could draw it too.

Offcourse there is nothing wrong with being inspired by something else. You character also does not need to be anything humanoid. Good luck! :D

edit
Super villains are also allowed

edit 2
To make this more interesting you are also allowed to make nemeses or team memebers for characters submitted by others.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Arboris

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Wyz

They're are like super heroes but with bad intentions, so fine by me. :D

Wyz

Is somebody going to enter this? If not I think I'll extend the deadline. :(

bog

i'll be doing a quick one, don't need an extension though

UPDATE:

The Giraffe:

He can see really far

Kastchey

I'm working on an entry too. It's turning out a bit higher res than I planned, but I hope I can finish it on time anyway.

Matti

I'll work on something too. It would be a pity if such a funny topic would be wasted. I'll modify my post when I'm done..

[EDIT] Sorry, false promise, I didn't find the time...

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Quick entry to get things going.

Name:  Dwight Dandridge

Alter Ego:REFLUX, Captain Flux

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 224 lbs.

Eye Color: Blue

Hair Color: Brown

IQ: Near-Genius

Affiliations: Vomit Vandals, Green Team, Hyper-Hero Squad

Enemies: Nate Dux (Alchemist), Miss Tery, That Incredible Absorbing Man

Friends: Robert Ross (Doc Copper), Lionel Hartwick (ReVolt), MegaInfant (Timmy Jenkins), Switch (May Morgan), Loudmouth (Bart Conway), Ventrilokiss (Ivana Kiss).

Weaknesses:
While giving off an electric charge he can be grounded, effectively weakening him.  He also has normal human strength and resilience when not wearing one of ReVolt's power belts.  Has 40/50 vision without the use of prescription lenses built into his costumes.

Powers: 

(As REFLUX):  Could spray a stream of hyper-strong stomach acid with pinpoint accuracy at a range of up to 100 feet.  Also immune to any corrosive compounds and exhibits an impressive resistance to all forms of radiation.  Due to the interaction of the chemicals that gave him his powers, Dwight is also able to exude an electric charge from his body capable of knocking a normal human unconscious.

(As Captain Flux): Dwight refined his powers under the tutelage of The Hyper-Hero Squad and now exhales an acidic cloud that not only corrodes most metals but also causes choking and temporary vision loss in his opponents.  His electricity has also been focused into powerful, long range bursts from his hands that can travel nearly a mile.  He has retained his resistance to corrosives and radiation and also wears a belt created by fellow Hyper-Hero ReVolt that feeds off of Dwight's electrical powers to create a dense energy shield around him that gives him super human strength and endurance, though he cannot project electric bursts while using it.

Background (Reflux's Revenge Saga):

Dwight Dandridge was a normal, if nervous, graduate student studying for his post-grad in Chemistry when a group of mean-spirited fellow students (including Nate Dux, who would soon become the dreaded Alchemist), replaced Dwight's can of Dr. Pepper with a random mix of chemicals (including ELEMENT-X).  Dwight was not immediately affected by the chemicals and left for home, much to the chagrin of the pranksters.  Due to the medication he was taking for acid reflux disease, the reaction with ELEMENT-X took days to manifest itself and began as a critical case of heartburn that culminated in a blast of superheated acid from Dwight's mouth just as he reached the toilet.  Thinking that he was merely ill and had vomited, Dwight went to sleep and was stirred awake as a second blast of acid let loose, spraying some hanging Star Trek models he'd constructed and reducing them to cinders in seconds.  Well aware that the PH in stomach acid was not nearly strong enough to do such damage, Dwight quickly returned to the university lab and began tests, discovering that his stomach acids were now some of the most corrosive in the world.  He spent weeks learning to control and surpress the acids in his stomach with the help of his medication, though the bullies at school kept playing pranks on him and making him nervous until, unable to control himself, Dwight spat a stream of acid at Nate Richardson, melting his left hand and driving him insane.  Nate's friends then began to beat on Dwight, nearly killing him.  A sudden surge of electricity from his body knocked out the thugs and saved his life, and Dwight crept home to hide his shame and nurse a burning, acidic hatred for his attackers.  It wouldn't be until six months later that Dwight reappeared at the university, dressed in a reptilian-styled costume and searching for Nate and his gang.  When he found them he declared his name to be Reflux and fired a stream of acid at Nate, who was saved at the last minute by a newcomer named Dr. Robert Ross (aka Doc Copper).  With the help of his thick copper exoskeleton, Ross managed to survive the hit by removing the melting plates from his torso and tossing them aside.  Dwight was momentarily taken aback as he watched strands of copper reform over Ross's bare chest, revealing that he too was a freak of nature, and Ross took the opportunity to rush his foe, a bullet-like copper helmet forming over his head just as he collided with Dwight, sending them both to the floor.  Dwight instinctively used his electricity power on Ross only to realize the copper coating on his body was functioning as a ground with the floor, sapping Dwight's strength and knocking him unconscious.  Dwight and Ross would find themselves at odds many more times in the future, especially after Dwight joins the Hyper-Hero Squad, and it is not until later that Ross discovers that his friend Nate Dux was not only responsible for Dwight's condition but is also the criminal mastermind Alchemist.  After a brief team-up with Reflux (Copper and Acid: Alchemist's Bane) Ross convinces Dwight to give up his revenge and join the good guys, helping to train him to become one of the squad's most powerful and dedicated members, Captain Flux.

Kastchey

I initially intended to post a different entry, but I wanted to give a shot at ProgZmax' idea. So here she is (hope the description doesn't sound *too* stupid):

Name: May Morgan

Alter Ego: Xavia, Switch

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 407 lbs.

Eye color: Blue

Hair color: Red

IQ: High

Powers:
(As Xavia): Ability to fly, exceptional strength and stamina, sharp claws and teeth. Decent brawl skills.

(As Switch): She can no longer fly and endure any type of blow, though her brawl skills remained as decent as Xavia's. She can also be Switch as long as she likes, while Xavia form lasts up to 6 hours.

Short description:
Said to be a gargoyle construct brought to life by the Alchemist, though she refused to give any details on how she acquired her powers. The only person who might know something about her origin is Ross, as they had a long talk in his laboratory after her unsuccessful assault at Dwight. Switch is far more eager to side with the good guys, though she can't much help but obey Nate's orders when she's Xavia.
The weird thing about May is that she's unusually heavy for a slim young lady.

Background:

After Ross and Dwight joined forces, Nate Dux, suffering from lack of allies and feeling a bit uneasy at the thought of Copper and Acid, retreated to his secret laboratory in search of a way to bring the lady luck back to his side. Shortly after, a hideous she-monster named Xavia started roaming the university campus at nights. Even though the monster did not prove particularly dangerous (she would only break a few windows and freak out several members of the cleaning staff), Doc Copper found her appearance concerning and kept wondering about her true purpose.
Anxious, he talked Dwight into approaching another newcomer, a transfer student named May Morgan, usually seen hanging around Nate and his band, and trying to ask her out. Dwight wasn't particularly keen on the idea because of his tendency to get nervous around women, especially around cute ones like May. He finally agreed to do it as a quest for a higher good.
As Ross expected, May agreed without any hestitation at all, which was pretty unusual as Dwight wasn't exactly a ladies man. The next evening when Dwight was waiting for May near Doc Copper's place where they were supposed to meet, he was suddenly attacked by Xavia. For the first time the she-monster would show her true powers, knocking Dwight down with a single powerful blow and smashing him against the wall. If it wasn't for the power belt he was wearing under his evening clothes, this would have been a deadly blow. The moment before she dug her claws into his body, Dwight managed to execude his electricity charge on her, which obviously didn't do her much harm, but at least threw her back, allowing Dwight to start running for his life. Following Robert's instructions, he lured Xavia to Ross' private laboratory where they managed to lock her up behind a solid metal door. After a few hours, Xavia changed back into May, who laid exhausted on the laboratory floor. Ross somehow convinced her to talk with him and made her admit that she didn't follow Nate's orders fully by her own will. Doc installed a switch on May's head, and thus allowing Xavia to be switched back into May. The switch also gave May powers to transform into Switch, a superheroine who occasionally helps the Hyper-Hero Squad in their quests for justice. Switch wears a protective metal headband, made to prevent Nate from switching her into Xavia while she's Switch (though she's perfectly vunerable while she's May and can be switched to any of her forms).

Arboris

I'm working on something also, hopefully I'll have it finished before the deadline tonight ;)

*EDIT*

Behold! The amazing amnesiac! Mindreader extraordinaire!

..unfortunatly he has issues with his short term memory..

The idea comes from an article I recently read: 'superuseless superpowers'
Extraordinaire gifts, which have absolutly no use.

SpacePaw

Amnesiac rulez!!! kicks ass man! woo! make a game about him!! he's freakin great!

loominous

Excuse the plain stupid last minute idea:

Abilities: Exceptional tolerance for shrill noises, and the skill to produce
deafening sound waves with his trusty black board

Background: After fracturing the eardrums of the entire university council during a presentation,
professor Shriller was forced to find alternate means of financing his research,
and thus Professor Screech was born.

Looking for a writer

Arboris

That's an awesome villain Loominous :P Love it how you put the text in old comic book style.

Play_Pretend

Professor Screech is awesome! :)

Also, the pic title sounds like the next spinoff sequel to Saved by the Bell. :)

Wyz

Wow, amazing entries :D
I don't have to extent the deadline. Well I do need some time to pick a winner though.  ;)
I will also create a trophy, so I keep you in suspense little more.

Wyz

bog - The giraffe:
A fun entry. This guy must have a real hard time buying turtlenecks ;)

ProgZmax - Reflux:
Really liked what you did with the stance, and the amazing story.

Kastchey - Switch:
You hooked in on ProgZmax' story very nicely. I also like your gargole very much.

Arboris - The amazing amnestic:
I was really amused by this entry. The guy has a big smile but hasn't got a clue what's happening. :D

loominous - Proffesor Screech:
Very stylish entry. Lets hope Captain Nailclipper gets him soon. ;)

Winner
Well this one was very close. Had a real hard time figuring out the winner. Reflux, switch en amnestic made it till the final round. They all could have won, but I have to pick a winner so I go with The amazing amnestic. Congrats Arboris, you get the trophy and teh honor of hosting the next Sprite jam. And the rest, thanks for entering!

The trophy:

Kastchey

Congratulations Arboris, a well deserved win :)
The Amazing Amnesiac surely looks as if he was thinking: "Damn, damn, what was I up to again..?! What am I doing here?!"
Very nice style by the way.

Arboris

..And now for the dreadfull task of thinking up a good theme for the next Spritejam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk