Bowser Quirk Quest **Update** as of July 13, 2009 the download link is working.

Started by mr.me, Sat 09/05/2009 22:42:04

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.me

mr.megames Presents

Plot:
Bowser comes across a genie and gets one wish. His wish? To be put inside The Legend of Zelda, but the wish doesn't go as planned. Everything goes wrong. Bowser must overcome these obstacles and get out of The Legend of Zelda.

I hope everyone enjoys this, it's the first game I've ever made.

Download: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1161

Contact Information: mr.megames@gmail.com

Leon

Sounds like fun.. Let's try it.

[update]

Well, very short. Graphics are ok, but not your own. Same goes for sound. The story could use some more elaboration and puzzles (if you can call them that) could be expanded. Now the objects you need are right in front of you.

The most difficult part to improve is the story. In your case,
Spoiler
I found the crystal before the location was mentioned so it's strange that the character is surprised that it's in the next room and I had the rose already so it just needed to be added to the water. It would be more fun to search for the water instead. I can imagine you take a branch from the tree and use it as a dowsing rod to find your water, instead of just get it handed to you. The problem is however to figure out how to tell the story first and then find the objects.

You could find the water first, water the flower bed, get the rose to prevent someone taking the rose right away. This way your water becomes crucial and can give you more grip on the actions of the player.
[close]

All in all, a good start and lots of opportunities to expand it.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

mr.me

Thank you very much for the comments.

I thought about making the game longer, but I wasn't sure if what I was doing would be well received. I decided it would be better to have a short game see what people liked and disliked, then use those comments for a second game.

I did all the backgrounds and I know they're awful, but I'm not much of an artist. The sprites would have been just as awful if I had made them myself. As for the sound I have no microphone, so I have no way of doing any of that myself, and if I did it my myself I don't think it would set the atmosphere I was going for as well as what I used.

Spoiler

I thought about the fact that you can find the crystal, even take it before interacting with Link, but I couldn't figure out a way to fix it. If I had made it where you couldn't leave the room until you interacted with Link I thought that would make the puzzle too obvious, so I just left it the way it was.

I like your idea about the water and using it to water the flowers, that would have been better than the way it is now.
[close]

Alla

Very nice Game ! Beautufull graphic !
I enjoy it a lot-waiting 4 next game..!

mr.me

Quote from: Alla on Wed 13/05/2009 18:20:44
Very nice Game ! Beautufull graphic !
I enjoy it a lot-waiting 4 next game..!

Thank you very much.

The download link is working again, sorry for any inconvenience. FileFront deleted my file due to low downloads. Hopefully Mediafire won't do the same.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk