Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Towel Day (Reviewed)

Started by Dualnames, Sun 24/05/2009 15:52:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim

Dualnames

Quote from: GuyAwesome on Thu 18/06/2009 15:24:08
EDIT:
Well, if you're not happy with the characters for whatever reason, then go for it - but don't feel you HAVE to redo them just because of a few throwaway comments by obsessive nerds ;D Personally, I'd rather you just got on with making the game, than get bogged down continually redesigning sprites that're already perfectly fine.

Oh, an edit, didn't see it.

Well, in fact I did some redesigning yesterday ,even with the GUI's, and for the result we've reached, I thank you for pushing me to (not in a way of forcing).

I'm really happy now with the GUI's style something that I've redone many times, but only kept me partially happy and for a small while. Overall I say with the main game, that it's going rather nice. I just want to give out something that I'm happy 100% with. Towel Day was around 90% (10% is mostly due to its size).

Quote from: Grim Reaper on Thu 25/06/2009 11:03:27
Quote from: GuyAwesome on Thu 18/06/2009 15:24:08

(...) obsessive nerds (...)

Well, I hope it's not me you're talking about...

That's me Grim.. ;D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

GuyAwesome

Actually, I meant pretty much everyone here - it was an all inclusive 'obsessive nerds', and just what exactly's wrong with that?

Grim Reaper, you're posting in the forums of a program for making adventure games ... in the thread of a game based on (part of) a radio series/book that's older than you ... and slipped in a complaint about a terrible film version that shouldn't have been made. If I wasn't talking about you specifically, I can see why you thought I might've been  ;D

Dualnames, if you're happy, we're happy. Now for Zarquon's sake get on with the game....

Dualnames

Quote from: GuyAwesome on Thu 25/06/2009 11:53:44
Actually, I meant pretty much everyone here - it was an all inclusive 'obsessive nerds', and just what exactly's wrong with that?

Grim Reaper, you're posting in the forums of a program for making adventure games ... in the thread of a game based on (part of) a radio series/book that's older than you ... and slipped in a complaint about a terrible film version that shouldn't have been made. If I wasn't talking about you specifically, I can see why you thought I might've been  ;D

Dualnames, if you're happy, we're happy. Now for Zarquon's sake get on with the game....

Best leave Zarquon out of this!!

He's right
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Grim

Quote from: GuyAwesome on Thu 25/06/2009 11:53:44

Oh my God... You're right... I'm a nerd!!!

kajlin

A nice short game. It's pitty the story isn't longer   :( I'd a little bit troubles with speed of dialogues. They were about two second faster than I as a foreigner can catch up.

Dualnames

Sorry for the bump and all, perhaps it would be best to bump the WIP topic, but this isn't exactly about the remake. This is for this game. JD / Find Therma, has surprised me and has gone into reviewing Towel Day. I'm agreeing with all the points he made, so you should too! :D

Here's the link:
http://jd-adventuregamereviews.blogspot.com/2010/01/hitchhikers-guide-to-galaxy-towel-day.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk