Game / Editor Crash after a few times of exiting the game

Started by uswin, Mon 25/05/2009 06:08:18

Previous topic - Next topic

uswin

Hi everyone, i'm currently using AGS 3.1.2 SP1, on my Acer 4530 XPSP2 but i'm still having this crash problem from the previous ags version. MY editor or my game crash after I quit from the game several times, usually after 3 times of quiting the game, then the 4th time i tried to quit, my game / editor crash.

Just want to point the bug/crash, hopefully this will be fix on the next ags vers

Thanks for the attention.

Pumaman

Can you provide more information than "my game / editor crash"? Is there an error message? What happens exactly?

uswin

this is exactly what happened. sorry if i'm not be able to explain things in a good way, cause i'm not a native american.

#1. I ran the app #1 time in the compiled folder and quit the game and successfully go back to desktop
#2. I ran the app #2 time in the compiled folder and quit the game and successfully go back to desktop
#3. I ran the app #3 time in the compiled folder and quit the game and successfully go back to desktop
#4. I ran the app #4 time in the compiled folder and when I pressed the quit button, the app HANG UP without an error message, and if this happened, i pressed ctrl+alt+end to end the app and go back to desktop, and the usual don't send error message from windows xp that my game.exe is error will appeared.

This error sometimes happened too when i created my game in the editor

it seems that this hung app event only happened randomly because after the #4 attempt, this hung app didn't occured.  But if I restarted my laptop, this hung app event will occured again after the #3 attempt just like before, that's quite confusing, because there is no error message just like the usual ags error. hopefully you will understand what i'm trying to say.  ;D

Pumaman

Hmm yes, I have heard of something like this reported by somebody else in the past. I've never been able to replicate it myself, and it seems to happen to a few people. At the moment I don't have any leads to go on as to why this is happening, but I may add some extra logging to the shutdown sequence to help track it down.

cat

I've recently had editor crashes too.

AGS Editor .NET (Build 3.2.0.100)
v3.2.0, April 2010

When I run my game in the editor with the run button, it starts without problems, but when I close the game window, the game AND the studio crash. There is no error message, it just doesn't respond anymore. I have to close the game and the studio via taskmanager. Oh, and it happens only sometimes.

It is not a showstopper since the game is saved when I press the button, but it is very annoing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk