RON Review(s)

Started by Find Therma, Tue 09/06/2009 11:28:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Find Therma

Hey,

I tried to fit this post somewhere else but couldn't decide on a suitable place for it hence the new thread. Am new to the whole RON thing by the way.  :)

In a blatant attempt to give some exposure to my review of RON: The Respossessor, I thought I'd suggest a thread (this one in fact) where people post reviews or links to reviews of RON games. Just an idea but reading them might help newcomers realise that there really is some substance to these games. I was unsure before I gave them a chance.

Anyway, just a thought. Have a read of the review if you feel so inclined.  ;D

RON: The Respossessor

I also plan to review another RON game in the near future which I enjoyed even more than this one.

Cheers,

JD

Hudders

Just to point out that the Repossessor was updated at some point, so it isn't surprising that you would have thought it was newer than 2001.  ;D

DeviantGent

Correct. The Repossessor was recompiled last year by Renegade Implementor to work with modern computers and to take advantage of the updated graphics that were kicking around, hence why it looks graphically superior to the other games at the time. A few others have undergone the same treatment, such as Paranormal Investigator and Monty on the Norm.

Also, the writeup on the catagories is accurate, nice one. All in all, an excellent review. There's a section on the RON website for articles, I would strongly recommend this as an addition, or as a link to your blog at the very least.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Find Therma

Right, have updated the review to include the info about The Repossessor being updated last year. Thanks for the tip.

QuoteAlso, the writeup on the catagories is accurate, nice one. All in all, an excellent review. There's a section on the RON website for articles, I would strongly recommend this as an addition, or as a link to your blog at the very least.

Thanks very much! Have no problem with the review being used with a link to my blog. There doesn't appear to be an upload option on the RON site so I'm guessing it's up to the administrators to sort it out?

Irishrichy

A review feature on the individual game pages would be a nice addition next time the site is updated.

Leon

And links to walkthroughs (not specifically mine ;-)  instead of readable from the page itself?
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Dave Gilbert

Wow.  It's been almost 9 years since I wrote that game!  Thanks for the blast from the past. :)

DeviantGent

While we're on the subject of non-fiction articles, I would recommend providing links to the two writeups on the AdventureGamers site:

RONtroversial gaming - June 2008

Deconstructing Reality - June 2004
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Dualnames

There's a review on the TIG source site. Old abouut two weeks ago, about Ron Repossesor.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DeviantGent

The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk