All MAGS Games 2004 - 2009 For Download - 160+ Games

Started by poc301, Thu 18/06/2009 20:00:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Peder 🚀

To those who might of been downloading using the torrent, I managed to mess my seeding up changing folder names etc, and diddent get it working again. (Not sure if there was anyone else seeding?) Though I am starting a new torrent that will contain all AGS games/engine versions and tools/mods.
I plan to update it monthly (is there a way to do this without having to make a NEW torrent everytime?).

You can download the current version from here:
http://www.agsarchives.com/torrent.torrent

Mind, as of today the torrent is a tiny bit messy!
I will hopefully sort this out for the next version!

monkey0506

This is a great test of my download speeds. ;D

15% of the way there and at 550-600 kb/s. Nice. Just thinking back...10 years ago I was happy if my dial-up connection got up to 4 kb/s. Heh, good times.

Thanks for the upload. I honestly haven't played a lot of AGS games so this is great for me.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Fri 14/08/2009 20:35:58
15% of the way there and at 550-600 kb/s.

Your downloading via MY torrent or? :o.
Because I can't see anyone downloading.....

arj0n

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Fri 14/08/2009 20:22:06
Though I am starting a new torrent that will contain all AGS games/engine versions and tools/mods.
Great!
Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Fri 14/08/2009 20:22:06
I plan to update it monthly (is there a way to do this without having to make a NEW torrent everytime?).
No, you can't. You'll have to create a new one whenever you want to add something to the existing torrent...
Maybe create monthly torrents or something?

Peder 🚀

Yeah, it will end up being a monthly thing most probably.. depends how much new(or old for that matter) stuff ive gotten downloaded!

Radiant

Given the way Bittorrent works, it would probably be best to keep older torrents active, and have the monthly torrent consist only of the new games for that month.

Peder 🚀

Yeah, I guess thats a good idea Radiant!

[EDIT:]
Ok, so I've just went through all the older MAGS entries and downloaded whatever I have managed to find.
Here is a list of all the games I haven't YET found:

2001-07
Fad of Devil's Hash

2001-08
Monkeyville

2003-06
Barry Snotter and the Meaning of Life

2003-09
Terence Independent Terminator

If anyone has any of these I hope you will help and upload them for me so I can download them and add them to the torrent and to www.agsarchives.com.

Leon

Most of them are available.... read your PM.

I'm only missing:

Fad of Devil's Hash
MuuYeeb the Ghost
Monkeyville
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

arj0n

Quote from: Leon on Sun 16/08/2009 02:52:50
I'm only missing:

Fad of Devil's Hash
MuuYeeb the Ghost
Monkeyville
You've managed to find "Indiana Jones And The Lost Chamber"?

Leon

Yeps, it's a re-release by Abstauber.

On the games page he explains it all.

arj0n

Geez, I've checked that post when it was posted but didn't realize for now that Indiana Jones and the Secret Chamber of Schloss Brunwald is the same game as Indiana Jones and the Secret Chamber... ::)
I could have known. :(

Good thing is: your [and my and Peders] wanted mags list is now narrowed down by one, only 5 to go! ;)

Peder 🚀

I have started the research for the remaining 5 games.

Both Terence Independent Terminator and Barry Snotter and the Meaning of Life is made by the same guy, though unfortnatly he also has shown his interest of finding those games so he most probably wont have a copy.

Monkeyville was appearantly made by a person named "Nickboy77". I havent found much info about him here, but I've searched google for the same nickname and found a couple of places including some websites which looks like it MIGHT belong to the creator! I've also found an email adresse which I will try to see if I get in touch with him!

Iæve found emails to the creators of both Fad of Devil's Hash and MuuYeeb the Ghost but I guess there is small chances of them having the games..

arj0n

Well, you're really on to it Peder ;)
Hopefully all or some of them will react, otherwise we can consider these 5 missing MAGS as been 'lost forever' :'(
But I fear the worst scenario... try stay optimistic.

Leon

I'm afraid not. I tried already. I'm trying alternative ways now....

Peder 🚀

UPDATE
The research I did to find the author of MuuYeeb the Ghost paid off!
He uploaded the game for me and it is now hosted at agsarchives.com!

ENJOY!:
http://www.agsarchives.com/game-files/mags/2002/2002-12/MuuYeeb_the_Ghost.zip

arj0n

Leon

Woahhhh!!!    :o :o   Way to go Peder!!!   ;D

Peder 🚀

Thank you :P. I only just "accidently" logged on my gmail account, and there was a reply from him in my inbox!
I had totally forgotten about it hehehe..

It had been in my inbox since 20th of August even ;) hehehe.
Hopefully we will manage to track down the last 4 to!
The author of Monkeyville said diddent think he had it, but that he would look through some stuff and let me know if he would find it! :). So lets keep our hopes up for that one!

Leon

After some digging in archives I found a name would could be in the possession of Fad of Devils Hash. I wrote an email and guess what: HE STILL HAD THE GAME !!!!! Thanks for digging and dusting Abstauber! You can download the game from my page.

Yet another game for the (M)AGS museum saved. Only 3 to go.

ps. It runs under DosBOX, you only need CWSDPMI.EXE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk