Time Gentlemen, Please!

Started by thezombiecow, Mon 22/06/2009 14:58:40

Previous topic - Next topic

thezombiecow

Time Gentlemen, Please!, the sequel to last year's Ben There, Dan That! is  out now.

There's a free demo for you to sample, but the whole thing costs a whopping £2.99/ $5ish, for reasons explained on the game page. That’s about the same as a pint of frothing Lion’s Roar Real Ale in an overpriced London Boozer, which isn’t much really for several hours of joyous gameplay.

If you donated anything to Ben There, Dan That! then for heaven’s sake whatever you do don’t buy a copy: there’s one waiting for you free of charge in your email inbox.

Featuring stuff and bits by The Forgetful Elephant's own 'Lemmy and Binky' and some glorious art from lovely Mashpotato, PARTICLE EFFECTS and everything by Nickenstein, a full soundtrack, and some adorable puzzles. It's longer than Ben There, Dan That!, with better puzzles and sheen and all sorts.

It's stated on the gamepage, but worth reiterating:

Q: Does Time Gentlemen, Please! contain any naughty swears?
A: Time Gentlemen, Please! was designed and written as an adventure game for grown-ups. As such, it contains all the naughty swears, and contains adult themes. If that sort of thing isn’t your cup of tea, or if you’re a tiny child, TGP isn’t for you :)

Other than that: enjoy, hopefully :)

EDIT: the AGS game page is now set up, here.

www.zombie-cow.com/tgp

Play_Pretend

Paid my monies, downloading now!  Woohoo! :)  Congrats on the release, guys!

thezombiecow

Quote from: Strange Visitor on Mon 22/06/2009 15:36:55
Paid my monies, downloading now!  Woohoo! :)  Congrats on the release, guys!

ALSO: Strange Visitor cameos in it, as Mr. Blow the Sexual Education Clown, and should have received a free copy, but I got caught up in the release and forgot.

SORRY SV! I'll make it up to you with a pint, one day ;)

Play_Pretend

Pish tosh!  And, conversely ironic, I am also a teetotaler. :)

MashPotato

Just want to chime in with my official endorsement of TGP:

*OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY MASHPOTATO*

Now you'll definitely have to check it out, right? ;)

Eggie

U've never played Ben There, Dan That but you know I am buying it anyway because I WANT you succeed! Because I CARE!!

(And because it looks fun.)

EDIT: You should really mention the VAT on the site, it pushes the price to maybe just under an overpriced small ice cream at a cinema)

EDIT2: Whoo! It's mine!

Dualnames

Great, just as I posted a blog post about the traffic, congrats on releasing this!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Takyon

The art looks really appealing. Going to download the demo then probably buy the full version.

EDIT: Damn my graphics card doesn't support pixel shader 1 lool.
ghost.

Wayne Adams

terrific art style..
has lots of character.. be proud :)

lemmy101

Congrats on the release Danbrush and Bengo! :D

I can confirm it's awesomeness btw :D

lemmy101

Quote from: lemmy101 on Mon 22/06/2009 22:54:16
Congrats on the release Danbrush and Bengo LeWard! :D

I can confirm it's awesomeness btw :D

Stupot

Played and enjoyed the Demo.
Just downloaded full game.  Will play tomorrow :)

[Edit]
Tomorrow arrived.  I'm part-way throught the game and am really enjoying it.  Already had three or four laugh out loud moments (and I'm very stingy with my lols on the best of days).

One thing though, is that my computer has crashed twice while playing... the monitor went all funny colours and the music stopped and I basically could not progress without reebooting.  Luckily I save often.  This could of course be my laptop (it is pretty freaking hot at the moment).  But has anyone else had a similar problem?

G

Played Ben There, Dan That and enjoyed it to death. Now I paid my bucks for this sequel...

And it ROCKS!

But I find that Dan's movement is somewhat buggy. Even to the point that it can become an endless loop, as happened to me while playing.

Spoiler

While getting out of the Pal robot-thing's Lab, Dan's movement became an endless loop. As the game waits him to reach one point instead of Ben itself (the leading char) it becomes impossible to quit the room.
[close]
And if you save frequently there's no problem, but for a spoony bastard like me (who eventually forgot the meaning of the concept "Save game") is quite bad.

Anyway. Good job on this guys!

thezombiecow

Hmm. That's weird, I'll look into it. Thanks!

IndieBoy

I dunno if any of this is much of a spoiler, but anyway STOP READING IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME.

BUG: I got stuck as Dan in PAL's lab at the corner closest to Ben of the bench. I couldn't move, and Dan kept facing away from the screen. I'm gussing its a walkable area issue. But, great game so far. Laughed at some things maybe too much and too hard  ;D
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

voh

Paid and tested on Windows 7 (it works). Obviously I need to finish BTDT because I'm missing out on some in-jokes.

Loving it regardless, though.

Good show!
Still here.

Ghost

Quote from: voh on Fri 26/06/2009 09:38:30
Paid and tested on Windows 7 (it works).
What now: the game... or Windows?
;)

Will give the demo a spin first, but I'm already sold to the game. And that money could hardly buy me a decent Sub anyway. Congrats on the team effort btw, reads like a rich list of famous names! (better'n a famous rich, listed name)

voh

Still here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk