Time Gentlemen, Please!

Started by thezombiecow, Mon 22/06/2009 14:58:40

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

I wasn't going to comment here until after I finished playing it, but seeing as I can't believe how few people have commented here...

I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played through thus far - the puzzles are better than in BTDT by a long way and I've been very impressed by some of them. The graphics are still very colourful and I found the special effects were very snazzy.

It's fun! It's naughty enough to make me giggle but tame enough to show my dad (well, some bits anyway)! It's cheap - I bought it and I'm a pikey bugger! I have to say I'm a little sad that the game hasn't gotten more attention on here than it has so far.

Anyways...

Nice work, and shame on you for the dead mouse puzzle!

Wesray

Although I rarely buy commercial AGS games, I rather enjoyed Ben There, Dan That. So I decided to give the sequel a go. And now that I've finished it... what a great game! Highly recommended!

The puzzles were very clever and had just the right difficulty - many of them reminded me of the LucasArts games of old. The humor was awesome too, much funnier than the first game in my opinion. Moments like Dan's solo mission, the Alien encounter on Anubis or Hitler's kitten trap had me in stitches. ;D

The age warning is fitting though, there were several moments were I couldn't believe that the game creators went there. Then they went a step further. ;) But that makes the game only funner. It's almost like the LucasArts adventure that LucasArts never dared to publish... and I think the game should be given an award for the craziest inventory items.
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

thezombiecow

Really pleased you enjoyed it, guys! Thanks for your support :)

Stupot

Congrats on the 9/10!
That's brilliant news.

I still haven't finished the game, but I'm really enjoying it and the puzzles are very clever and very funny.  It's well worth the money, which is a token gesture really... you could've got away with charging several times more than that, to be fair.

Kweepa

Hooray, a sequel! Looks great too!
Fourth of July weekend is coming up. Seems like the perfect time to kick back and enjoy another madcap Ben and Dan caper.
On the price, I agree with Stupot. Once you've overcome the inertia of getting someone to actually pay for something, $5 seems too low. Perceived worth and all that. [EDIT: Ah, I see you can buy the game with warranty for more. Done!]

(Did the Eurogamer reviewer really have to hate on Ags three times in the review? Once was more than enough, surely.)
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Wesray

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Thu 02/07/2009 04:35:33
(Did the Eurogamer reviewer really have to hate on Ags three times in the review? Once was more than enough, surely.)

Hating on AGS? Blasphemy!
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

Dualnames

Nice demo, really.. funny!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

GreenBoy

Just finished.  What a wild ride of adventure game references,  odd object combinations,  brain twisting puzzles and my personal favorite the comrodery between two pals  (awwww) :'(.  I laughed, I cryed then realising crying wasn't appropriate I laughed again.

Thanks for a great game Ben an Dan.  Worth every penny.

Nickenstien

Quote from: Ben304 on Wed 01/07/2009 12:36:21
I found the special effects were very snazzy.

YAY! Thanks! :D

i k a r i

I love supporting indie developers, even more when they make such great games, and even MORE if they make it in AGS xD...

Im definetely buying this, in fact I'm doing it right now (it costs me $38,49 >_<) damn third world country...
Thx for this!.. and I hope you make more  ;D

-------
Dear 1,

HELP:
If you like Time Gentlemen, Please!, please help me out by spreading the word and getting more people to buy it. Sing its praises online and from the rooftops. Convince your mum to buy a copy.

I hope my neighbors don't mind it... *climbs the rooftop*
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Kweepa

Bug:
In room19.asc, line 240
Error: AnimateCharacter: invalid loop number specified.

This happened when
Spoiler

I tried to 'use' the stuck parrot on the branch.
[close]

Loving the game up to here. Wishing I'd saved more frequently!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

thezombiecow

Thanks Steve. That issue has been fixed in the most recent release - I'm happy to re-activate your download if you like, just send me an email.

:)

Angel Dust

Just finished it and all in all I give it a solid 8/10 :) The humor is not quite to my taste, although I certainly got some good chuckles out of it (the intro recap was brilliant), but the plot was strangely compelling and the characters charming and well developed (
Spoiler
The part where you say goodbye to PAL was suprisingly poignant
[close]
). The art is great with some really nice effects, and the music catchy without being grating. Best of all however was the puzzles. It's been a long time since I've played an adventure game, professional or indie, with absurd puzzles that make sense and put a smile on your face when you figure out what you have to do. I think people forget that the puzzles don't have to just be the obstacles halting your progression through the story but should be a huge part of the entertainment factor also. That whole 'boss' battle sequence was simply stunning and is quite possibly the best one room puzzle sequence I have every played.

So yeah, I liked it a helluva lot and would not hesitate to purchase future adventure games from you gentlemen!

thezombiecow

Thanks Angel Dust! Most kind!

Don't forget to fill in the game's AGS page, everyone! There's voting and comments and stuff to do, if you get a sec.

;)

Cheers,

D

i k a r i

You didn't thank me  :'(. I loved the game too you know...

xD
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

thezombiecow

Quote from: i k aare i on Sat 11/07/2009 01:07:26
You didn't thank me  :'(. I loved the game too you know...

xD

THANK YOU ALSO, in all caps.

:)

Takyon

Finally got to play the demo/ Really enjoyable although the control GUI drives me mad with changing each thing to walk grab etc but the game looks great I wish you luck.
ghost.

Play_Pretend

LOVING the game so far, guys, just had a weird bug to report:

Spoiler
If you use the glasses on the pig to set it on fire twice, they loop through the whole "Hoorah, it worked!" bit again, but instead of showing the caveman guard changing to the nerd guard, it warps back to Dan and Ben falling into the trapdoors outside the warehouse at the beginning.  Then it goes back to the outside-warehouse room, only you can't see Ben and Dan.
[close]

thezombiecow

Quote from: Strange Visitor on Sun 12/07/2009 09:38:49
LOVING the game so far, guys, just had a weird bug to report:

Spoiler
If you use the glasses on the pig to set it on fire twice, they loop through the whole "Hoorah, it worked!" bit again, but instead of showing the caveman guard changing to the nerd guard, it warps back to Dan and Ben falling into the trapdoors outside the warehouse at the beginning.  Then it goes back to the outside-warehouse room, only you can't see Ben and Dan.
[close]

This has been addressed; the latest cut won't do that. Drop me a line if you want it, but your save games won't carry across. Sorry!

:S

Play_Pretend

Oh!  Uh...yeeeahh...see, I got...a copy from the past...sent forward into the future...and de-aged again from the distant future...bugs are hard to fix in time travel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk