Death Wore Endless Feathers - New Screenshots (10/3/2015)

Started by Scavenger, Mon 22/06/2009 23:58:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Scavenger

I'd better show some of my work that I've done.

As part of the huge update, the entire metaverse section of the game is being reimagined. This is part of it!

Doing spritework in the c64 palette is really quite fun.

And things can only get better from here.

Scavenger

So I figure it's been too long since I gave you all an update on where I was making this thing.

Firstly, have some screenshots:

Secondly, some other news:

• The interface for three of the characters has been completed. The game will change entirely when you're playing as them, right down to how you access the in game menu.
  • I have someone working on creating a plugin for FMVs, based on the Smacker codec. Hopefully (and I mean hopefully), we'll be able to see actual animated cutscenes in the game! There's a lot of palette issues at the moment, but I'm sure they can be ironed out.
  • The fonts have all been tidied up. Gone is the amateurish and disjointed font of old, replaced with snazzier new fonts.

Sslaxx

Quote from: Scavenger on Sun 16/06/2013 17:26:12
I have someone working on creating a plugin for FMVs, based on the Smacker codec. Hopefully (and I mean hopefully), we'll be able to see actual animated cutscenes in the game! There's a lot of palette issues at the moment, but I'm sure they can be ironed out.
Why not use the inbuilt AGS video codecs?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Scavenger

Quote from: Sslaxx on Sun 16/06/2013 19:10:49
Why not use the inbuilt AGS video codecs?

Because my game uses the 8-bit colour depth, for various reasons (I can't use 16bit or higher because of this). I can't use the in-built codecs because of this. Smacker is an 8bit video codec, so it'll fit the technical and aesthetic requirements of the game. Besides, the plugin can play non-blocking video.

mkennedy

Here's hoping that the game feature's some high res artwork of the two human females. Desiree looks quite lovely!  :cheesy:

Scavenger

Quote from: Armageddon on Mon 17/06/2013 00:35:17
"No one" is two words. :)

Fixed. I'll try to be more careful in future.

Quote from: mkennedy on Thu 20/06/2013 09:10:33
Here's hoping that the game feature's some high res artwork of the two human females. Desiree looks quite lovely!  :cheesy:

Of course, there will be plenty of high resolution images of all the main characters.

And I really shouldn't be sharing this yet, but I just wanted to show off some of the animation that will be in the final game:

Secret Fawful

Gribbler

Animation looks fantastic. It reminds me of first Sam & Max.

Igor Hardy

Animation wise it actually seems more complex than Sam $ Max Hit the Road.

Scavenger, frankly it looks so good that I'm starting to worry you may not manage to finish the project while aiming at such high standard. Or have you a team of animators working with you now?

Matt Frith

Wow, that animation... Just wonderful.  Now you've got me all excited again.

Ali

Scavenger

Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 28/06/2013 22:19:34
Animation wise it actually seems more complex than Sam & Max Hit the Road.

Scavenger, frankly it looks so good that I'm starting to worry you may not manage to finish the project while aiming at such high standard. Or have you a team of animators working with you now?

Hah, no, it's just me doing the animation, I'm afraid. Would that I could have a team, that would be amazing. But I'm carefully balancing what I can and cannot do, making sure that only the important parts of the game get full animation, and the rest gets limited animation.

I can tell you all, you ain't seen nothing yet. I'd show you, but I don't want to spoil ALL the surprises :3c

ThreeOhFour

Have always been excited for this, now even more so.

Tabata

You do a fantastic job with this project!

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Scavenger on Sun 30/06/2013 07:59:58
Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 28/06/2013 22:19:34
Animation wise it actually seems more complex than Sam & Max Hit the Road.

Hah, no, it's just me doing the animation, I'm afraid. Would that I could have a team, that would be amazing. But I'm carefully balancing what I can and cannot do, making sure that only the important parts of the game get full animation, and the rest gets limited animation.

I can tell you all, you ain't seen nothing yet. I'd show you, but I don't want to spoil ALL the surprises :3c

Best wishes to it all working out. It sure looks amazing already.

selmiak

this is really cool.
for a better effect let me suggest to keep the frame where the overweight guy in pink wakes up and looks shocked visible for a bit longer otherwise the cool expression is lost. And as it already looks cartoony why not add some dustclouds when he hits the ground again. Or a fish or something else drops out of his pockets and disappears to somewhere offscreen when he crashes down.

I'm very interested in the final game now :D

Scavenger

Here's a new update! Rev up your Voodoo2s and prepare your processors, your 486 ain't good enough for this baby!

Introducing:
[imgzoom]http://khato.furrified.com/DWEF/Promotional/Metaverse_title.PNG[/imgzoom]
The METAVERSE. It's a place where worlds collide, where all your dreams can become a reality.

[imgzoom]http://khato.furrified.com/DWEF/Promotional/Metaverse_WIP1.PNG[/imgzoom]
Walk around a full 16 colour three dimensional landscape, populated by a groundbreaking number of your online buddies!

[imgzoom]http://khato.furrified.com/DWEF/Promotional/Metaverse_WIP2.PNG[/imgzoom]
Meet exotic people from another country in a friendly and cordial manner!

[imgzoom]http://khato.furrified.com/DWEF/Promotional/Metaverse_WIP3.PNG[/imgzoom]
(Translation software sold seperately)

Innumerable thanks to Austauber for his incredible help with the tile engine. I literally would not have been able to make this part of the game without him.

ThreeOhFour

Crimson Wizard

So, is this a game inside a game or a separate game? I got little confused. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk