Death Wore Endless Feathers - New Screenshots (10/3/2015)

Started by Scavenger, Mon 22/06/2009 23:58:28

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

I so hope there are little arcade cabinets in the metaverse where you can play 2color space invaders...

And I'm currently reading snow crash, any chance you did read that too? ;)

Scavenger

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 15/07/2013 19:37:16
And I'm currently reading snow crash, any chance you did read that too? ;)

Snow Crash is my favorite cyberpunk novel!

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 15/07/2013 19:16:52
So, is this a game inside a game or a separate game? I got little confused. :)

It's a game within a game. You'll be seeing a lot of these. After all, it IS cyberpunk.

Scavenger

Working on DWEF again exclusively now! After learning how to speed up some of my graphics programming, the game should run even smoother with fancier effects. I should be able to release a working demo in a couple of months!

Have a screenshot of one of the cutscenes in the meantime, just to get some interest flowing:

I'd show more, but I wouldn't want to spoil anything!

And if you cannot wait for this game, please play it's gaiden game, Heatwave. I promise you: you will not be disappointed.

Adder

Looking great!  Well and truly worth the wait (and all your dedicated effort!). Downloading Heatwave now - very excited.

Scavenger

Some new assets for you to peruse:

And it's animated friend:
[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50882197/art/albion_map_small_pal_anim.gif[/imgzoom]

The island that the game takes place on.

ThreeOhFour

Scavenger

Well, this section of the game is almost done. I need to do some more programming on the interactions, but it's almost there.

I'm a bit excited!

Gurok

Damn, this game is so pretty. Especially that close-up shot in the first post. I am really pumped for this game!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Scavenger

DWEF is a game of many games. I'm experimenting with the feel of each genre of game to partially tell the story. Not all characters will interact with the world in the same way. Some see the world differently. It's difficult to program, but worth it.

I wanna keep y'all updated on the game, but a lot of the stuff I'm working on isn't very pretty. It's very rough still, and I'm not sure how to present it without doing the art for it first. But here's some in-production stuff.

Daniel Thomas

Love the backgrounds and really like the experimenting you are doing with all the different genres. It's like a game packed with all the games I played as a kid :)
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Scavenger

Have an animation I'm currently working on. I'm quite pleased with how it's coming out:

arj0n

Scavenger

Might as well show some more stuff I've been working on, since I haven't been idle these past few months:

The game is going well, the story is all written and I'm currently working through making all the puzzles work. Some bits are harder than others to do, but the game is looking real nice and I'm psyched to get it to a place where it can be played all the way through. I've not been in a good place this last year, so progress has been slow, but I'm hoping to get much more work done it in this year!

ThreeOhFour

That Eggie guy was telling me this is being amazing just a few hours ago and HE WAS RIGHT.

Amazing work. Keep at it!

AprilSkies

Your art is wonderful!
Can't wait to get my hand on this!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mandle

Haggis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk