Death Wore Endless Feathers - New Screenshots (10/3/2015)

Started by Scavenger, Mon 22/06/2009 23:58:28

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Awesome is becoming too ordinary a word for this game. 8-)

Hobo

All of it looks incredible, but I especially love those sweet animations.

Cyrus

These new shots look absolutely awesome!

By the way, it just popped into my mind: is the "Black Sun" based on this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_%28occult_symbol%29

Scavenger

Scavenger

This week, I've been focusing on the more codey aspects of my game again, and I'll tell you, this is a major breakthrough in terms of visual effects for DWEF. I had translucent stuff before, but it always bogged the game down to such a low frame rate that it was utterly useless. So, I wrote a plugin that would do the rendering for me, just like the original DWEF had, and this time, it will be a lot better. The plugin will be open source in case anybody wants it, but I doubt anybody but me is using 8-bit anymore anyway.

Here's a quick and dirty test with some placeholder pizza on a placeholder background. Look at those smooth 60fps, I would use this plugin for pretty much anything:

Don't worry, I have been working on the actual game as well, this is just a quick brain refresher before I dive back into the scripting of the game. It's just that I haven't been working on art assets for it, and so what I do have is not in any position to be shown. I hope to have many things to show in the future!

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Scavenger on Wed 02/09/2015 05:32:03
So, I wrote a plugin that would do the rendering for me...

I love this dude. And I love DWEF :-D

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk