Meeting Noeroze -- Play the DEMO ! -- Video Trailer -- Update:: 2013-12-10

Started by Yeppoh, Tue 02/10/2012 02:21:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeppoh

Nefasto's (Mis)Adventure - Meeting Noeroze

Download Demo (~58 Mo)
I wish you'll enjoy it and feedbacks are more than welcome.

Trailer

Premise

Nefasto, a game data, after the crash of a broken game he was living in finds himself within the depths of your computer. However this unwanted presence is creating a major memory leak that will provoke a crash of your system with epic proportions. Find a way to help that game data to avoid that demise with the help of the local datas and eventually meeting Noeroze.

Story

A playable game data going with the name of Nefasto - although he doesn't know that yet - is the main protagonist of a really bad game named "Kick The Can". While doing what any game data is supposed to do - beat the game with the player's help - said game glitches out and crashes. The game is so broken and badly coded it even fails at properly crashing, at dumping itself and at garbage collecting the playable Nefasto. The game data falls into the depths of your computer. The presence of the game code opens a window of the public protected data world where Nefasto lands. This unallowed anomaly creates a major memory leak that unstabilize the system. It is only a matter of time before your computer crashes entirely and Nefasto needs to find a way out so that he isn't deleted. For doing so he needs your help, the local datas and especially Noeroze.

Overview

This is projected as a commercial game. Well... It snowballed into a projected commercial game I should say.
I'm doing this on my free time for 4 years - mostly for creating the template. I will probably do an episodic game, unless I have the possibility to create the game entirely from begin to end.

Features

• "Beneath The Steel Sky" style interface
  • "Zack and Wiki" Click and Drag style walking
  • Pure exploring
  • A huge colourful world
  • More than 40 characters to talk to
  • Sarcastic, cynical comedy
  • Item, Dialog and Binary based riddles
  • Jumping mechanics
  • Multiple ways to solve a puzzle
  • Branching plot and endings

Current Status
Part 1
Graphics: 75%
Music and Sound: 90%
Story: 99%
Scripting: 93%
Alpha testing: 96%
Beta testing: 0%
Technicalities
Optimised on a computer with DirectX 9, 1024Mo of RAM and 1.2GHz processor.
This game uses the AGS build 3.2.2.11 R6 beta Draconian Edition from Alan v.Drake with some added custom tweeks in the engine.
It also uses the AGS Blend plugin from Calin Leafshade.
Have my greatest thanks for your work, you both.

//--------------------------------------------------//

Updates

02-10-2012
A demo is in the making. Please stay tuned.
Overall progress of this step: 100% !!!.

07-10-2012
The demo has been released.

22-10-2012
New screens.

27-05-2013
New screens and Characters Designs.

10-12-2013
Added a gameplay video.

Yeppoh

The demo has been released. Please enjoy.

If you have some feedbacks, I'm all ears... er... eyes. Well. You understand what I mean.

Yeppoh

Chicky

Wow, the art style for the new screenshots looks brilliant. I really like the predominantly white backgrounds, the crosshatching and graph paper look is a winner! Your story sounds very interesting, if a little hard to read. Did you develop all the art yourself Nefasto?

Andail

Yeppoh

Thanks you two.

Quote from: Chicky on Mon 22/10/2012 17:56:14
... Your story sounds very interesting, if a little hard to read. Did you develop all the art yourself Nefasto?

Yes. I'm doing all the artwork (even the stylistic sucky ones of the game's introduction). Up until now I've been doing all the assets and code on my own.

Friends told me I have a weird english. So if there's something you think might be improved language wise to make it easier to read, I'm glad to correct it.

MurrayL

Having seen this in action at AdventureX, I have to say that words and pictures alone cannot hope to convey just how good this game looks! Everyone there was astounded at what you've managed to get out of the engine.

Any chance of a gameplay video/trailer I can show to others?

m0ds

Very cool what I saw at AdventureX, thank you for being there Stefano! This game looks really unique and everything that seems to happen has this beautiful detail that really enhances the theme/story of the game. I can't wait to give it a go myself, so will be downloading the demo asap and giving it a whirl :)

Yeppoh

AdventureX was really fun. The crew made a really good job. I had a great time.
The good reception of the game was a great surprise. There were nice and interesting feedbacks. I got enough data that will help me improve the experience. This really motivates me to continue on the development.
Thank you for everything.

I'm working on a teaser/trailer. It will get done as soon as possible.

Yeppoh

cat

Hahaha, nice illustration! I saw your presentation at AdventureX and also played the demo there a bit and it looks very promising. The graphic is great, the story and setting based on a great idea and it is amazing, what you have managed to do within the limitations of AGS. Looking forward to it!

Yeppoh

After months of real life issues I had to tackle, I still managed to advance with the development of game on my free time. With the feedbacks I had, I improved some parts and some mechanics. I still have to finish a proper teaser video.

To thank you for your patience and support, here are some new sneak peeks with two screenshots from the PixeLand section and some NPC Character Designs.

PS: Also I cleaned up some screenshots in the head post. There were a little too many.

Yeppoh

arj0n

Visited your session ar AdventureX, it really was impressive.

Yeppoh

Thank you! I'm doing my best to keep the steam steady on this project.

Yeppoh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk