Heroine's Quest - The Herald Of Ragnarok

Started by Corby, Mon 29/06/2009 15:05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

You've made some lovely, atmospheric backgrounds.  Good luck finishing this.

HammerBlade

I must say I'm dazzled by the work on the visuals you've done, and got warm fuzzies seeing the screen shot with the cloaked figure. :=

Making a game in the tradition of Quest for Glory is going to be a technically complicated task, especially for handling combat.  What programming strategy did you have in mind?

PuNKKoMmANDO77

great work , i need this game , great great graphic  :D

Knox

QuoteLooks very true to the original Quest for Glory. Does the different sex allow for any different skills than the male hero had?

Im sure "nagging" will be a skill you can develop.

Very nice backgrounds...did you work for Sierra back in the day, or what? Awesome :)
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Aardvark4Lunch

Wow this game looks great! Did you do everything yourself?

Corby

New screenshot posted for fun.

Nikolas

Hmmm...

Never posted in this thread. Plus I've kinda stopped posting in the AGS forums, but this IS worth it! I've seen it before, but for some reason I didn't post.

Here's my post then offering my congrats for your effort so far and my amazement at the quality of your work! :) Looking forward to the release

GreenBoy

Woo  :o I love the new screenshot, very atmospheric.

Radiant

And in latest news, the Heroine's Quest team has joined forces with Crystal Shard studios, known for several adventure games in the recent past.

http://crystalshard.net/hq.htm

I believe HQ is a very promising project that will become a worthy spiritual successor to the classic series. We're drawing from mythological sources to put together a highly atmospherical world, and a challenge worthy of any heroine. Primarily, the team now consists of Corby (art) and myself (scripting), although several other people are contributing with e.g. music and portrait art. There is still a lot of work to be done, so do not expect a swift release yet.

SarahLiz

Oh my.   :o  I hadn't seen anything on this thread in awhile and yet, I'm in total awe once again.  I canNOT wait to see more.  The backgrounds are so, so beautiful.  I know it's not done but...well done.   ;)

Lucia Wilber

This looks VERY promising and exciting! There aren't enough classic Sierra-style games with female main characters! I definitely look forward to checking this one out!

Knox

This is one of the games I cant wait to play...sigh, the good old sierra days...!
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Labrynian Rebel

Quote from: Radiant on Sat 20/03/2010 02:31:46

Hey, it's Brauggi Junior!  ;D

Words cannot describe how much I am looking forward to this game! I just finished Quest for Yrolg and now I'm back in the questing mood! When the Heroine's Quest website was finally updated it literally made my day! Keep up the good work!

xenogia

I look forward to this game, especially considering it brings back memories of QFG for me.. *nostalgic look*

Corby

loontje

I've been too much of a forum lurker to post in this topic until now, but I really like your old school style.

Labrynian Rebel

Quote from: Corby on Wed 07/04/2010 15:56:47More like Brauggi Senior!

Wow, I guess Brauggi wasn't so much of a "giant" afterall  ::)
That's probably why he was in Spielburg, all of the bigger giants kept picking on him

Darth Mandarb

Bombermans

Oh, this game really really really really looks GREAT.

I hope you'll finish it!

I also have a question about the game. Will it have 'dead ends'? Please, not... XD

Darth Mandarb

Corby - let me know when you are ready to post an update and I'll unlock this.

Bombermans - please read the forum rules before digging up old[er] threads.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk