Heroine's Quest - The Herald Of Ragnarok

Started by Corby, Mon 29/06/2009 15:05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Quote from: SarahLiz on Sun 01/07/2012 01:18:34
So...I'm going to be a total arse and ask the question you hate most...when do you estimate "soon" release to be?

I'm sorry, citizen, that information is not available at your security clearance :)

Seriously though, no, we're not going to give you a deadline. We're making excellent progress though, and it's fair to say that most of the game is done. We're still looking into the possibility of a voice pack (which would be a serious time investment) and we'll probably be looking for beta testers at some point. Stay tuned for that :)

(we're not auditioning for voice actors now; however, if you have done voice editing or voice pack organization before, feel free to contact us. Also, if you're interested in beta testing and you either have samples of prior work, or a convincing motivation beyond "hey I'd like to", feel free to post in this thread or PM, but we likely won't get back to you for some time).

Chadly

So when are we looking at release? or at least beta? Give us something please!!!!!

Radiant

Sorry, we can't give specific dates right now. As the old adage goes, It's Done When It's Done.

Chadly

Well ok folks, its Done when its Done.  This i get.  Some new info would be appreciated tho Radiant.

Edgar_España

These graphics are simply adorable!! I love the finish touch as you are giving. I wish I knew to do these pixelated graphics ... I'm a lover of them, and for my taste, I give you a 10!

Labrynian Rebel

Quote from: Corby on Mon 20/02/2012 12:39:12
Also, a creepy wraith for no reason:

That's what I always pictured the Night Gaunts from QFG1 looking like XD

Radiant

We're on Facebook now! Please like us if you're looking forward to this game. Spread the word!

https://www.facebook.com/HeroinesQuest

Radiant

We are considering including a voice pack in the game, but we would like to have your opinion on that. We've put together a short poll on the subject; please answer it. Thanks!

mkennedy

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 18/02/2013 09:19:20
We are considering including a voice pack in the game, but we would like to have your opinion on that. We've put together a short poll on the subject; please answer it. Thanks!

If you decide to do a voice pack I would make it as a separate download, or at least make it possible to download the game without the speech pack as they can really inflate file size.

Radiant

Quote from: mkennedy on Mon 18/02/2013 20:26:36
If you decide to do a voice pack I would make it as a separate download, or at least make it possible to download the game without the speech pack as they can really inflate file size.

Oh, the game is plenty big already without a voice pack :P

SarahLiz

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 19/02/2013 22:40:43
Quote from: mkennedy on Mon 18/02/2013 20:26:36

Oh, the game is plenty big already without a voice pack :P

Voted in your poll...  :)  IMHO, the game already appears that it will have plenty of pure unadultrated beauty and excitement without the need for speaking parts.  I like when there is a character voice pack SOMETIMES in a game, but really only when it is done flawlessly and the characters' voices are VERY accurately depicted (which is kinda subjective, I know) from their personalities (both things being very difficult to do).  To be completely honest, I think most people are so eagerly anticipating the release of this game, and have been for so long, that the lack of a voice pack will not really affect the overall satisfaction.  Everyone will just be so grateful to be able to finally play it! 

That being said of course, releasing a "Heroine's Quest v. 1.1" later on in the future with said voice pack is also another route you could take.  Ultimately though, I think everyone is pretty much going to tell you that this game is YOUR baby and therefore you have to do what feels right to YOU.  No matter what you decide, people will stand behind your decision (do we have a choice?  Ha. ;)) and be excited no matter when the game is ready for release.  So, in the meantime, keep up the FANTASTIC work.  :)

Cheers,
Sarah Rupert 

Edited to add:  Oh brother.  I think I was delirious from lack of sleep when I wrote this post.  I'm sorry I was so long-winded, sheesh...  :/

Corby

Here's our first trailer for the game. Hope you enjoy. :) Thanks to Azure for the voice talent.

[embed=640,480]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wgzU3nybN5Y?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Tramponline

Lovely trailer, guys.
I especially like the animation during the 'heist' sequence. Very 'ninja' :wink:.

miguel

This is looking fantastic! Great trailer!
Best of luck finishing the game.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Tabata

WOW!  :shocked:
That is very impressive - and all those animations are really cool!
Awesome work on every part of the design 

Azure

Yay thanks for letting me take part, this looks great!
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

smaug

Epic trailer! The backgrounds, the portraits, the animation, everything!!! I hope that "soon" is sooner than soon..!

DBoyWheeler

Nice!  And Azure did a great job with the voice here!  Hope that Heroine's Quest keeps up the great standard (if not exceed it) that Quest for Glory set.

Corby

Thanks for the nice comments. :)

Quote from: SarahLiz on Wed 20/02/2013 06:52:58
Edited to add:  Oh brother.  I think I was delirious from lack of sleep when I wrote this post.  I'm sorry I was so long-winded, sheesh...  :/

No worries. :) I think we're going to give the voice thing a go early on, so there's little delay in a release. I hope it works out.

Quote from: smaugI hope that "soon" is sooner than soon..!

We're getting there.  I can report on the art, which is over 90% done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk