Heroine's Quest - The Herald Of Ragnarok

Started by Corby, Mon 29/06/2009 15:05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Dear all,

Heroine's Quest: The Herald Of Ragnarok is nearing its completion, and so we are looking for a few Beta Testers. They'll get access to our current mostly-stable and almost-fully-playable build, and are asked to comment on playability and puzzle design, as well as find bugs, graphics glitches, and assorted miscellaneous issues. But this is not just a free preview of the game; please be prepared to spend time clicking on lots of details and testing out object interactions. There are some in-game debugging tools available, of course.

If interested, please drop me a PM with your motivation, as well as your previous experience with testing video games. Thanks!

DBoyWheeler

From what I've seen in previews and other things so far, I just KNOW this'll be a smash hit!

I said it before, I'll say it again--it'd be a shame if this doesn't get a sequel... or even become a series.

Radiant

Quote from: Radiant on Fri 26/07/2013 12:20:34
Heroine's Quest: The Herald Of Ragnarok is nearing its completion, and so we are looking for a few Beta Testers. They'll get access to our current mostly-stable and almost-fully-playable build, and are asked to comment on playability and puzzle design, as well as find bugs, graphics glitches, and assorted miscellaneous issues. But this is not just a free preview of the game; please be prepared to spend time clicking on lots of details and testing out object interactions. There are some in-game debugging tools available, of course.
Ok, we've got three people now so we'll start with that. If anybody else wants to volunteer, give us a call!

Corby

Hey everyone, we did a short preview showcasing some of the game's voice acting. Enjoy!

[embed=640,480]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s3-WDwlmOgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

miguel

Sounds good! Great music as well.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

dactylopus

You guys found some pretty decent voice actors!

Seeing and hearing it all in action just makes me want the game more.  Good work!

Igor Hardy

Excellent! And lovely use of In the Hall of the Mountain King.

TheBitPriest

This game is really coming together!  ;)  Good job, Radiant et. al.

kaput

After finally getting around to playing ATOTK I seriously cannot wait to play this. It's going to be awe-to-the-some.

Lasca

This look's really awesome!
Just a small detail in the trailer: in the scene where the Heroine's watching smoke rise, the smoke rising upwards gives the impression that there's no wind, while her hair and cape flutters like there is wind. Just looked a little strange. Sorry to be picking on small details, but the game looks so great that I just had to!

Corby

Thanks for the comments everyone. :) Testing is going well, and the final art is nearly complete.

QuoteJust a small detail in the trailer: in the scene where the Heroine's watching smoke rise, the smoke rising upwards gives the impression that there's no wind, while her hair and cape flutters like there is wind. Just looked a little strange. Sorry to be picking on small details, but the game looks so great that I just had to!

Ahh! There's a huge thicket of trees blocking the smokey area, but the red-headed character is in an open area....  :X

Radiant

So the most frequently asked question is, is this game freeware? The answer is that yes, it is. We design our games as a hobby in our spare time, and make money from our day jobs; we believe these games should be free for everybody's enjoyment, and our reward comes from the fan reactions we'll (hopefully) be getting.

The second most common question is, why don't we do a kickstarter? The answer is that we started this game years ago and we're now finishing up, so there's no need to 'start' anything. There's little point in raising KS money if we don't really have anything to spend it on.

That said, people who wish to support us are welcome to make a donation using the paypal button on our site, http://crystalshard.net/hq.htm - or, of course, to share this thread or our facebook page with all their friends, blogs, message boards, or anyone else who might be interested in it.

Zazzaro

Any updates? How is the beta test going. I'm crawling the walls waiting for this to release :grin: I know I know it's done when its done but AToTK completely captured that retro Sierra quests series for me so been looking forward to this adventure more than any other adventure game the last few years. Plan to donate to your site as well upon release. I know it's free but I feel I paid for crap games plenty of times so I doesn't bother me at all to make a donation :cheesy:

Edit* actually talk is cheap, just donated lol. But I couldn't change the amount from $6???? I'm on ipad so maybe that's why. Wanted to donate $15 so ill just donate again when released.

Radiant

Thank you for your enthousiasm! Yes, it's going well, and no, we're still not going to specify an exact date, sorry! We do plan on having a little pre-release contest for fans though, we'll keep you posted!

Zazzaro

Quote from: Radiant on Fri 20/09/2013 22:38:50
Thank you for your enthousiasm! Yes, it's going well, and no, we're still not going to specify an exact date, sorry! We do plan on having a little pre-release contest for fans though, we'll keep you posted!

Awesome glad it's going well. Look forward to the contest if it doesn't involve drawing lol. Have great pictures in my head but has never translated to paper.

Radiant

Join the Heroine's Quest box contest, and win a cameo in the game!

(1) Download the box art for the game from http://crystalshard.net/dls/hq_boxart.zip
(2) Print one of the box art images, and use it to make a DVD case, CD case, or actual game box for HQ.
(3) Take a picture of it in suitable surroundings. What is fitting is up to you; you could find a snowy landscape to place it in, or cosplay as a troll holding the case, or create some fan art and place the case to the side, or anything else you can think of. Be creative!
(4) Post the picture in this thread. If you have Facebook, please put it in our FB group as well, and link to it from your own Facebook timeline or wall.

The deadline is October 16th (23:59 GMT). After that, the Crystal Shard team will act as judges to determine the three best entries. The three winners will get a cameo in the game: describe what your character should look like and we will place it in Heroine's Quest. One cameo is alive and well, one is imprisoned, and the last one is dead (because hey, the game is about Ragnarok). The cameos are not hidden; a player is likely to come across them in a normal playthrough.

The first price gets first pick and an animated cameo; the other two are static. Your character must be suitable to the environment, so e.g. robots or ninjas are not an option; and note that this is
a cameo, not a moving or speaking role. By submitting a picture, you give us permission to use it as promotional material on e.g. our website; we'll include your name if we use it. Crystal Shard retains full rights to the game, including the sprites used for the cameo.

Radiant

Stuart Wright sent us this pic, which I hope is inspiring to other participants!

Monsieur OUXX

Igor Hardy

Should we understand this as "Heroine's Quest will top them all!"? :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk