Heroine's Quest - The Herald Of Ragnarok

Started by Corby, Mon 29/06/2009 15:05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzii

Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

We're currently testing like crazy and Radiant is fixing those extra bugs coming in like mad.

The game started late 2009. So it'll be just over four years since Corby initiated the project.

QuotePS. I would love to get a few of you and Fizzii's pixel art tutorials, although Fizzi's tutorial site seems to be down :(

I didn't think anyone really looked at my old website! I actually need to sort out a new host first, and I was going to do more new tutorials with better techniques as I wasn't happy with some of those tutorials (since as usual, I've improved over time).

Construed

Ah, I see.
Heroine's quest is going to be super bad ass then cause you guys got a decent sized team and I saw the AGD remakes which were quite splendid with a smaller team took about the same amount of time.

Yea, I've studied qfg style art for a few years now and there's not many references or even people who understand what it consists of, So between you,Corb, my good friend Toendra and a very small handful of others you were among the top traditional style artists I've ever seen :D

Please let me know if you do get a new site up, I pretty much lurk these forums constantly!

I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

dactylopus

I'm so ridiculously excited about this game.  I can't wait to see it!

Good luck with the last bits of the process.  I hope those bugs don't cause too much trouble.

Corby

Crystal Shard announces Heroine's Quest Christmas release!

Crystal Shard is pleased to announce that we will be releasing Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok on Christmas evening (December 25th, 2013, Europe/American time).

It has been a long journey, but we are finally at the stage where the game is ready for release. The game can be downloaded for free from our website http://www.crystalshard.net/hq.htm, and we will also organise for it to be hosted onto various mirrors.

Stay tuned for the release, and happy holidays from Crystal Shard!

Construed

Wow! What an awesome Christmas present to the community!
You guys have worked very hard on this game and spent a great deal of time on it.
You are true hero's!

I'm going to be downloading it Christmas day!

Merry Christmas and god bless you all!
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Daniel Eakins

This is the biggest, most high-profile RPG ever made with AGS isn't it?

I'm really really excited :-D
We all have our time machines, don't we?

CaptainD

Quote from: Daniel Eakins on Tue 24/12/2013 11:43:17
This is the biggest, most high-profile RPG ever made with AGS isn't it?

I dunno - probably on a par with AGDI's QFG2 remake, but in a sense this is even better because it's original! :cool:

Congrats to all on the team - this is a mammoth project and looks awesome.

AprilSkies

An incredible work!
Awesome!
I'm waiting for the release ... tomorrow!!!!!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Athanor

I followed the development of your game since the beginning. I'm really looking forward to the release tomorrow. To be honest, I can't remember awaiting a game's release with so much excitement. It's like a wonderful christmas present for me. Thank you very much for all your effort and passion to finish your game! I wish you all the best and Merry Christmas to all readers of this thread. :)

DBoyWheeler

Considering the winter setting, it's only appropriate that it be released that day.  :-D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!

cacaro

Stupot

Great stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to slope away from the Christmas proceedings for a spell and check it out :-)

SarahLiz

Ohhh oh ho, merry Christmas to ME!  This is the best gift I could have ever asked for! 

Wow.  This totally made my day, heck, my week, year, etc.  Thanks to all of you for all your dedication & hard work making this game, I know it's going to be a huge hit. 

Sarah

Zazzaro

Awesome ill donate to your site again :smiley:

And done, wish would let you donate more than $6 but I've done it twice. Thanks for all the work!!!

dactylopus

I am so very happy!  Not only for me, because I get to play this awesome game, but for Crystal Shard and all of the hard work they put in to make this a reality.  You guys are truly amazing.  I am beyond excited to have the chance to finally download this!

To have this wonderful game released for free is truly an exceptional feat.  While the earlier RPG remakes have all been good, they have been retellings of stories I knew well.  I am looking forward to immersing myself in a new world on par with the best of the Quests for the first time in far too many years.

Thanks, everyone!

Ghost

Quote from: Radiant on Sat 21/12/2013 16:13:55
We're getting a white christmas this year... :D

Checks site...

Yay! Congrats on that release!

Secret Fawful

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk