Tune Contest July - This is really, really hard

Started by Haddas, Sun 05/07/2009 07:59:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Haddas

Hello and welcome to the great Tune Contest of July.

In this contest you will be required to incorporate lyrics. Any song you enter must have them. You can do it by:
- Singing
- Speech Synth
- Rapping
- Talking
- Samples
- Any way you see fit as long as there are lyrics.

The minimum amount of lyrics is 4 words. The genre is FREE.

Here's an example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HmgOzTCinA

Akatosh

Haddas

You know what. You did follow the rules.

Doesn't mean you're gonna win though

Ninja Edit: As per usual, the BEST entry still wins

KrisMacDee

Timothy the Gay Caterpillar

A little song I made with ma friend Nicky a while ago:P he did the singing I did the guitar! :)
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and you've stolen his shoes! - Billy Connelly

None

Haddas

Whew. I was almost releived scared I'd have to give the vistory to Akatosh.. Well I might have to if he supplied an awesome entry that wins all. I like the works so far, keep it up.

musicMan

i just listened to ShonenAiGuy's song and it puts my song to shame........ should i even bother entering mine?  :-\ :-[
ok, anyway, here is my entry.  i did i quite quickly, as in maybe a couple of hours or so...... i'm not new to making music, but i AM new to the forums and making music for games so any kind of criticism would be good.
this was a challenge for me because i don't normally make music with any form of vocals......
its called A War On War.....
http://uploading.com/files/KMSZZA5L/A War on War.wav.html
----------
musicMan

None

musicMan

i should've just sampled...... my track is terrible............ is it possible to re-enter with i different track?
----------
musicMan

Haddas

as long as the contest is open you are allowed to update with new versions of the track. Just remember to say which version is the one you want to compete with.

InCreator

Is heavy voice resampling allowed? Like putting a vocoder and shitload of filters over the sang lyrics?

musicMan

ok heres one, do you have to be able to understand the lyrics?  for example, could i have a whole crowd of people talking?  or does it have to be actually single understandable lyrics?
----------
musicMan

Anian

...seems to be "a lot" (more than average number) of entries here, might as well join in the fun.  ;D
Friend helped out with the voice, since mine sucked far too much...not that it helped the overall quality heh.
Bushes

Btw ShonenAi, your entry sounds like a Hot chip song but with stroger bass line... that's just what it reminded me of, it's not a bad thing or anything.  :)
I don't want the world, I just want your half

djres

Well, it's Roots Manuva acapella that I remixed.  But yes I made it last night.

Old skool rulez

updated version  ;)

Haddas

Man, I've got my work cut out for me haven't I? Good job everyone. I'll be commenting on each entry when the competition ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk