funny games?

Started by roll, Sun 10/01/2010 03:25:55

Previous topic - Next topic

roll

Hey, I am looking for some really hilarious games on AGS, do you know some?

Ryan Timothy B

I haven't played that many, but Ben There, Dan That! was one of the funniest.

I also thought Damsel was funny, which doesn't seem to have a working image at the moment, hopefully the download still works.

There are others, I just can't think of them.

discordance

I think I laughed more throughout Jessica Plunkenstein than I have in any game, ever.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

If you like silly situations and offbeat humor you may enjoy Limey Lizard.  A love for all things plumbing is encouraged but not required :).

Also, you might give Larry Vales a try, or Night of the Hermit, or Adventures of Fatman.

ThreeOhFour

For "really hilarious" I'd go with a Barn Runner game or two. This one is one of the funniest :D

If you're just looking for "pretty darn funny", then I think something like 75% of games in the database have comedy elements in them. Try one of the Apprentice games, Nelly Cootalot and Cedric and the Revolution.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Life of D Duck games have great humour as well!

Edit 2: How Many made me do the laugh where you can see the gross tonsils bit at the back of my mouth really clearly. And while Once Upon a Crime never lets comedy really take over the main plot, it still has some pretty funny moments :D

GreenBoy

Ditto for Cedric and the Revolution.  Great game, I wish Bernie would make another, he was a real talent.

My game tries to be funny.   ;D

Ali

I just want to underline and link to Jessica Plunkenstein and the Düsseldorf Conspiracy. The graphics are really very poor, but the voice acting is some of the best in freeware games. If you're not laughing by the line, "Excuse me sir, your hat looks a bit like a turban," then there's something wrong.

And PLEASE, more people play Good Morning Mr. Gingerbread. I play adventures with my girlfriend and we read the dialogue aloud, doing voices for the characters (we're that cool). With this game it was hard to read the lines because they kept making me laugh. If you get the humour of D.Duck, then definitely give this one a go.

Bernie's games are very funny. He is still making games, but not just adventures. Check out his website Origami Hero.

And even though Ben has condemned Nelly Cootalot as just "pretty darn funny", I'll mention that his latest game !, in addition to being unpronounceable is his funniest yet.

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Ali on Sun 10/01/2010 11:13:16
And PLEASE, more people play Good Morning Mr. Gingerbread. I play adventures with my girlfriend and we read the dialogue aloud, doing voices for the characters (we're that cool). With this game it was hard to read the lines because they kept making me laugh. If you get the humour of D.Duck, then definitely give this one a go.

Oh yes, how the heck did I miss this!? Absolutely stupidly hilarious :D! (in fact I'm gonna go and play it again now that you reminded me)

And even though Ben has condemned Nelly Cootalot as just "pretty darn funny", I'll mention that his latest game !, in addition to being unpronounceable is his funniest yet.

Aww dang, I didn't mean it like that! It really is very funny (Jolly Roger is fantastic). And hooray, somebody actually found ! funny :D

bicilotti

Dualnames

And I'm saying all you guys, are wrong cool!!

There's two games I've laughed my arse with. One is Damsel, and one is the Barn Runner series!

They are mentioned, but I didn't notice..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 10/01/2010 13:14:51
And I'm saying all you guys, are wrong!!

There's two games I've laughed my arse with. One is Damsel, and one is the Barn Runner series!

Both of which have been mentioned, ya wally  :-*

Crimson Wizard

My little game "The Only One" which I made as a parody on MAGS competition entry.  ;D

kaputtnik

Quote from: Ben304 on Sun 10/01/2010 11:41:18

Oh yes, how the heck did I miss this!? Absolutely stupidly hilarious :D! (in fact I'm gonna go and play it again now that you reminded me)

Aww dang, I didn't mean it like that! It really is very funny (Jolly Roger is fantastic). And hooray, somebody actually found ! funny :D

Herewith I quote the above to express my earnest belief that all of the games mentioned within said paragraph are the stuff LMAO is made of.
I, object.

Ponch

Quote from: Ben304 on Sun 10/01/2010 13:16:14
Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 10/01/2010 13:14:51
And I'm saying all you guys, are wrong!!

Both of which have been mentioned, ya wally  :-*

But the Barn Runner games need all the free press they can get! I'm not like some developers from Down Under. I can't put out a new game every twelve hours! ;)

Also, if you ever played Doom, then I'd recommend Harry's 21st Birthday.

IndieBoy

If you like funny/weird games then how about:
Femspray
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1154
Re-agent Orange
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1125
BESIEGED: Or How to Get Out of A Castle.... Without Being Catapulted
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1111
Paul Moose
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1195
Jonny and the sweet fragrance of feces
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1186

Some games that have made me laugh over the last year or so.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

ddq

Quote from: Green Boy on Sun 10/01/2010 09:06:07
My game tries to be funny.   ;D

The "object of my desire" line gets me every time.

Babar

Yodaman's 2010: World in Chaos game. FIND IT! PLAY IT! IT IS AWESOMELY HILARIOUS
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Jared

I am always the champion of Charlie Foxtrot and the Galaxy of Tomorrow, and believe it deserves a note here.

Au Naturel hasn't been mentioned yet, but that's best for those familiar with RON - still funny though.

If you're a fan of Simon the Sorcerer then Cique du Zale (from way back) is a must play, though that said I've got no idea where you can get a copy now because I'm certain that site is down.

I'll also vouch for Damsel, Nelly and Ben There, Dan That! as though my opinion is likely to sway anybody.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk