Started by loominous, Wed 15/07/2009 10:45:59

Previous topic - Next topic

loominous

My Crummy New Job

Restrictions: AGS Compatible

Good luck, and hope you have fun!
Looking for a writer

stajp

Antoine Bocour just got a new job - he's new "Quality Check Engineer" in local paint factory.

In reality, he just sits in a room watching paint dry (he learned a lot from this guy http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-408848/The-man-gets-paid-watch-paint-dry.html )

Not finished, needs ceiling and better neon lighting ..

No time to finish it, stays as-is :(

musicMan

oh dear it ends tomorow....... and only one entry...... comon guys!
----------
musicMan

Creed Malay

You excitedly start your new job at the Disposal of Medical Waste factory, and are led through the building by Malcolm Perchance, your new supervisor. As you walk towards your new work station, he explains your duties.
"Now, what you're going to be working doing is getting rid of all the fat that's got liposuction'd out of folk, right? See, it's a terrible thing, what with government regulations and all, nowadays you can't burn it, bury it, make jelly sweeties for kids or glue from it, not nothing. So..."
Opening a door, he leads you into a walkway in a foul smelling, decrepit room, dominated by a vat full of stinking, liquefied putrescence on the lower floor, which is being churned endlessly by an ancient and creaking machine.
He motions for you to sit down on a stool
"So," you ask, nervously, "How do we get rid of this fat?"
Malcolm grins sickly, and hands you a long drinking straw.
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

cuestaluis

cpage

:X This is my formal request to please hold on until I have an entry posted.... :P It will be today
edit: ermmm maybe.. my power went out for hours today... trying to get windows started to finish it up.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Davy, that looks like an alternate angle of Dr. Dee Vee Ess's lab :D

cpage

Oi sorry about the delay And rushed looking image. My computer died.. Reinstalled windows and pumped this out as soon as I could.

What job could be worse than the cook for the Donner Party

loominous

Ok then, time for voting, which will last roughly a day.

Categories:

Idea:
Atmosphere:
Design: How well the elements are designed, from clouds to doorknobs.
Composition: How well the elements are combined to create a pleasing whole, and lead the viewer to the points of interest.
Functionality: How well it would work as a background, with clearly defined entries and walkable areas, as well as a good viewing angle.
Technique: How well it's rendered, in no way meaning the more elaborate the better.
Looking for a writer

Misj'

Idea: stajp - The best thing is that it's an actual job...sort of.
Atmosphere: cuestaluis - Dark with a shimmer of light.
Design: Creed Malay - There are a lot of nice details in this image.
Composition: cpage - Clean and simple composition...although I think the trees and the footsteps distract from the overall look.
Functionality: cuestaluis - There's enough walkable area, clear exit, and the camera is placed at a distance that makes it overall usable.
Technique: cpage - Particularly the background: rocks, snow, clouds...I like the foreground a bit less, but I guess that's due to the computer-death and limited time.

Creed Malay

Idea: Cpage - Yes, that'd be less than plesant...
Atmosphere: Ceuestaluis - very nicely dark and gloomy
Design: stapj - I like the vastness of the room with the small clobs of paint and the tiny, lonely chair
Composition: Stapj - for the same reasons above
Functionality:Cpage
Technique: Ceustaluis - love the lighting
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

stajp

Idea: cpage  (it takes imagination to think up Donner Party and to make a good background:))
Atmosphere: cuestaluis (it just looks like ... a sewer :)
Design: Creed Malay (I wouldn't remember a lot of fine little things which are in this background)
Composition: cuestaluis (it just look like ... a sewer :)
Functionality: cuestaluis (nice walk areas and not so good walk areas (who would like to walk in sewage)
Technique: ceastaluis (nice usage of a good paint program)

Atelier

Here we go for a hurried breakdown of my votes:

Idea: Creed Malay
Atmoshpere: cuestaluis
Design: Creed Malay
Composition: cpage
Functionality: cuestaluis
Technique: cuestaluis

Many very different ideas this time.

Gudforby

I throw in a few quick votes as well. Not easy, since all the backgrounds is so different.

Idea: Creed Malay
Atmoshpere: cuestalius
Design: cpage
Technique: stajp

loominous

Righty then, vote count:

Idea: Tie between Creed Malay and cpage
Atmosphere: cuestaluis
Design: Creed Malay
Technique: cuestaluis

Receiver of most votes: cuestaluis, followed by cpage.

-

Nice interesting entries everyone, and thanks for the prompt voting!
Looking for a writer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk