Cold Meat

Started by Helme, Sun 04/10/2009 15:39:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Helme

Download

Pete is a lazy guy who lives in a small town in bavaria and loves heavy metal music and fast food. Today is the grand opening of the first fast food restaurant in your town, so Pete knows what to do.
But there is one big problem. The restaurant seems to be build on a ancient burial ground and zombies rose from their graves. So Pete has some options:
a) Look for food somewhere else.
b) Learn to cook for yourself.
c) Help the zombies having a proper burial ceremony.

It's an adventure, so you know which option Pete will choose.

Crimson Wizard

Uh..what that celtic guy is doing there?  :D

QuoteThe restaurant seems to be build on a ancient burial ground and zombies rose from their graves
I remember there was a awful horror parody, where a fast-food was built over native-american burial ground, and it caused customers to become zombie-chickens.

kaputtnik

Triple alright! I seriously recommend everybody who fancies some full length amateur adventure puzzle solving to give this a try, you won't be disappointed, I guarantee you. And I will furthermore fortify this with a short list of things that make this game worth YOUR time:

- good characters!
- good music!
- good puzzles!
- good font!
- good length!
- okay graphics!

See? It's good!

I, object.

CosmoQueen

Umm I need a bit of help. Nothing happens when I click on items like the purse on the ground or the statue. Am I doing something wrong?
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Tijne

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Mon 05/10/2009 03:10:23
Umm I need a bit of help. Nothing happens when I click on items like the purse on the ground or the statue. Am I doing something wrong?

I believe you hold down the left click button and then chose "eyes" "mouth" or "hands" to interact with objects. ^_^

I have yet to finish this game though, so I may not be the best person to help. xD;

DrWhite

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Mon 05/10/2009 03:10:23

Oh damn! I remember that I had the thought that a little tutorial quest at the beginning would be fine. .... well, somehow I forgot to tell Helme about it...
... certainly comes with version 1.5

FSi++

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 04/10/2009 18:04:34
I remember there was a awful horror parody, where a fast-food was built over native-american burial ground, and it caused customers to become zombie-chickens.

Troma's Poultrygeist it is, if anyone's interested.

Crimson Wizard

Allright, I only passed few screens and already have to report some serious issues.

0. First of all, it would be realy nice to have a readme text with control system explained. I could figure that game using verb-coin controls pretty fast mainly because I played games with verb-coin controls before.

1. For some reason, winsetup shows wrong game resolution. It sais base resolution is 320x200, but it looks like game runs 640x400. Also, when I set 2x scaling, winsetup sais game will run in 640x400, but when game is launched I've got an error message about my monitor cannot switch to 1280x960 - that's how I noticed this problem actually.
2. I can save game in main menu.
3. For some unexplaiable reason I cannot load game when in game... When I click on Load button on game menu window, saves list just dissapears. I still can exit game, run it again and load from main menu.

Not so important bugs:
Spoiler

4. On the intro there's a greyish-brown line of pixels in the middle of the screen. Best visible when 2nd scene shown (where manager is talking).
5. When examining some object, character comes to it, but doesn't always face it. Examples: Handbag (1st room).
6. Fast Food seller speaking animation is too fast, perhaps. Or is it a feature?
7. Inside the building, "Plakat" is not translated to english (should be Placard).
[close]

Helme

Thanks for the bug report! I updated the game.

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 05/10/2009 13:43:22
Allright, I only passed few screens and already have to report some serious issues.

0. First of all, it would be realy nice to have a readme text with control system explained. I could figure that game using verb-coin controls pretty fast mainly because I played games with verb-coin controls before.
Well, there is a note on the game's page. I thought that is enough, but I think I'm going to write a read me.

1. For some reason, winsetup shows wrong game resolution. It sais base resolution is 320x200, but it looks like game runs 640x400. Also, when I set 2x scaling, winsetup sais game will run in 640x400, but when game is launched I've got an error message about my monitor cannot switch to 1280x960 - that's how I noticed this problem actually.
??? Whatever... Compiling one more time solved the problem

3. For some unexplaiable reason I cannot load game when in game... When I click on Load button on game menu window, saves list just dissapears. I still can exit game, run it again and load from main menu.

*Sigh* I also save/load with the shortcuts so I didn't find the bug. It should be solved now.

5. When examining some object, character comes to it, but doesn't always face it. Examples: Handbag (1st room).
Yes, I was to lazy to do that for every single object.

6. Fast Food seller speaking animation is too fast, perhaps. Or is it a feature?
His speechview delay is exactly the same as every other character.

7. Inside the building, "Plakat" is not translated to english (should be Placard).
Solved ;D

Stefano

I've just finished it and I must say I agree with kaputtnik. It is a fine game indeed! :)
Cool puzzles, intriguing characters and just hard enough to keep you motivated.
My favorite characters are Hanz, the traditions-freak bully; Limfor, the headless; and Godnur, the alienated chieftain.

Thank you so much for making it Helme.
I sure plan on playing your other games.
Trying to make my first AGS game.

MadEvie

Just finished playing and this is one of the best games i've played in a while well done helme, i recommend everyone play this one, great job, i to are going to check out your other games.
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal

bluber2009

Beside some very hard/strange puzzles I enjoyed your game. Thx.

some issues:
Spoiler

A gfx error: the  cupboard with the crown in the kitchen. Pete walks behind the new spirit without the crown.
A script error: If I don't taste the burger and walk back in the cellar the room is empty and the game stops with the error: can't face to character xy
Maybe a gfx error: when the professor appears beside the statue at the parking area he looks huge.
[close]

Helme

88% overall enjoyment :o

Thank you guys!

@bluber
I will fix the bugs with the next update.

Maybe you want to send me a PM what puzzles were to hard an strange. There is one puzzles-mechanic that I don't like that much either.
Spoiler
the tombstone in the oven. It's not that good, that you have to leave the room. But I could not think of a better way without solving the puzzles by random.
[close]

Leon

Two things I noticed:

Spoiler
- When using the all-purpose-grabber with the deep fryer, there's no description for the frying basket...
- When talking to Franz-Jozef Teichhuber, he introduces himself and is being spoken to as Horst...
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Helme

Quote from: Leon on Mon 12/10/2009 01:09:01
Spoiler
- When using the all-purpose-grabber with the deep fryer, there's no description for the frying basket...
[close]
Spoiler
That was intended. The fryin basket just should be a part of the deep fryer.
[close]
Quote from: Leon on Mon 12/10/2009 01:09:01
Spoiler
- When talking to Franz-Jozef Teichhuber, he introduces himself and is being spoken to as Horst...
[close]
Spoiler
Oops... with the next update he will only be called Horst.
[close]

Leon

Quote from: Helme on Mon 12/10/2009 15:03:05
Spoiler
That was intended. The fryin basket just should be a part of the deep fryer.
[close]
Spoiler

Then why don't you call it deep fryer as well? Then at least the description matches when you use the crown in it.
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Helme

@Leon

Spoiler
Damn, I feel stupid now. I always wondered why it is so hard to find the hotspot of the deep fryer for the crown. The solution is so easy, just make the object unclickable.[/hide.] 
[close]

Helme

I updated the game. I hope I solved all the reported bugs.

If anyone sees more graphical bugs, please send me a PM with a screenshot.

Gilbert

One minor thing: if you press Ctrl-Q, the default QuitGame() interface comes up.

Helme

Damn... Someone just reported a game-stopping bug in the updated version, so here's the next upate.

Spoiler
If you play as Dr. Jonas you get stuck after talking to the plumber. I should be more carefull with changing walkable areas.
[close]

Ctrl-Q now shows the right Qui-Gui.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk