Heed

Started by ThreeOhFour, Wed 15/07/2009 13:14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckethead

I've said it before and will say it again: Your games are very nice but if you would spend a little more time on things it would be epic! But fair enough, short games are so much easier to finish.

Groogokk

Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Wed 22/07/2009 15:43:06
You've created some really awesome tracks for this game Egalotron!
Question: is this score available for download?
The songs/tracks can be found on archive.org.

Matti

Quote from: Buckethead on Wed 22/07/2009 17:08:58
Your games are very nice but if you would spend a little more time on things it would be epic! But fair enough, short games are so much easier to finish.

Seconded! ..both points..

arj0n

Quote from: Groogokk on Wed 22/07/2009 18:13:16
Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Wed 22/07/2009 15:43:06
You've created some really awesome tracks for this game Egalotron!
Question: is this score available for download?
The songs/tracks can be found on archive.org.
Thanx & Sorry Groogokk.
I can't find any of them on that site and if they are there I guess those are the originals.
I'm looking for the remixed soundtrack used in the game & mixed by Egalotron/kaputtnik.
Hopefully the soundtrack will be placed on the erdbeertelefon website like the soundtracks from the other Ben304 games...

Groogokk

Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Wed 22/07/2009 20:11:48
Thanx & Sorry Groogokk.
I can't find any of them on that site and if they are there I guess those are the originals.
I'm looking for the remixed soundtrack used in the game & mixed by Egalotron/kaputtnik.
Hopefully the soundtrack will be placed on the erdbeertelefon website like the soundtracks from the other Ben304 games...
They are there (the nerve-racking "Llewellyn March" can be found on http://www.archive.org/details/edgm-8665, while "The Song of the Turn-Key" can be downloaded from http://www.archive.org/details/SongOfTheTurnKeyByNicholasScholl1898), but yes, they are the originals. I didn't listen to the tracks for a long time, but it seemed to me that they weren't altered too much for the game.

arj0n

Groogokk: thanx!
True, the song aren't really altered that much/remixed, just some synth reworks, but you can hear the difference.
And, as altered & used in Heed, very nicely done though [kaputtnik's version].

kaputtnik

They can now be found on my site, via the link Arj0n has already posted:

http://erdbeertelefon.net/en/soundflies

Yes, very true - the tracks aren't altered very much, but I have polished and filtered them before setting them into a new synth context, and as much as you might enjoy listening to the original tunes, I think mine are really something different. No offense to George Schweinfest, William Moriarty, Nicholas Scholl and Ruby Brooks, of course, I tip my edison cylinder before them in sincere appreciation.

Oh wait, you call these things top hats, right? And the whole joke goes down the drain. Anyway, enjoy. And thanks for your appreciation, Arj0n!

I, object.

arj0n

Yes, now *that* was where I was waiting for.
I've checked your erbeersite some hours ago but for then the
"Olde Tyme Synthesizer Soundtrack" wasn't placed yet.
Thanx for the upload of the kaputtnik versions, kaputtnik ;).
I'm off now, listening to these 4 gems. :D

ThreeOhFour

Buckethead: Awww, I missed your comment in all the musical chats :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like making short games  ;D

I am slowly trying to increase the length of the games I make (although this was probably a step backwards) and the next one will probably have a bit more meat to it! But, because I'm trying to make games while also working full time, it's a bit hard to stay motivated on a project that is really big. So... while I hate to disappoint, I'll stick to short games for now and hope you'll still enjoy them :). Thanks for playing, anyway!

F1ak3r

Quite nice. Personally, I preferred Annie Android and Shifter's Box somewhat, but that's just a matter of taste. My main complaint is that I had to turn off my computer's sound because the music really grated my ears, but once again, that's just a matter of taste.

The first half of the game didn't really excite me much, but I really loved the part after you became a fly. I've never seen anything like it in an adventure game before, good job!

Can't wait for your next game!

ThreeOhFour

Thanks, F1ak3r.

I've actually had the idea about having a fly as the player character kicking around in my head since I first started trying to make games, but hadn't gotten around to trying it until now. I'm glad I did try it, and also that you enjoyed it!

As for the next game - well, there's no telling when it will be, but I am looking forward to showing what I've been working on - I think it'll be a good one :).

SuperDre

Just finished it, loved the graphix. The story was a bit flat IMHO, I don't know why but I kept thinking of Loom.. hehe.. Thanx for making these lovely games..

Old skool rulez

just finished it very nice although im not sure i understood it lol

david

Here is the review of your game Ben from czech community rate 7/10  with the title
Heed - seek the meaning of life
take a look :
http://plnehry.idnes.cz/adventury/heed-hledani-smyslu-zivota-dd0-/clanek.A090727_203437_bw-plnehry-adventury_var.idn

ThreeOhFour

SuperDre: Thanks, it is nice to see that my attempts to improve my graphics have not been in vain! I've never played Loom, but have seen it mentioned a couple of times in relation to Heed now, so I'm interested to play it!

Old skool rulez: Glad to hear you enjoyed it, even if you didn't understand it ;)

david: Thanks for linking me! What I could understand of it (with the help of Google) was very interesting to read, so I appreciate you mentioning it to me :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Taken as an interactive story rather than a conventional game I found it a pleasant way to spend 10 minutes or so.  Nice work, Ben.

Ultra Magnus

Great graphics as always, and a nice little story too.
It's just a shame there weren't more... not necessarily puzzles, but puzzle elements.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Frodo

Playing now.

Love that music!   ;D

ThreeOhFour

ProgZ: When I was making it, I definitely had more of an interactive story in mind than an actual game. Good to hear you enjoyed it!  :D

Ultra Magnus: I found myself quite hard pressed to incorporate more puzzle elements into the game - I felt that they would get in the way of the story and interrupt the flow. Besides, I put nothing but puzzles in Shifter's Box, so I thought a change would be nice ;). Thanks for playing!

Frodo: Thanks for playing, and glad to hear you like the music!

virtualpsycho

Well done with completing the game man. I enjoyed it tremendously. The puzzle solving elements of the game were very interesting and refreshing.

Keep em comin'

Nice one.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk