Sprite Jam -with a dash of radioactive spider- SUPER HEROES 15/7 - 23/7

Started by Chicky, Wed 15/07/2009 19:30:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Sprite Jam | 15th July - 23rd July | Point and click super-heros

Everyone knows Stan Lee is a massive fan of Monkey Island and with the release of the fifth installment in the series it was only a matter of time before Marvel made the all important call to Lucas Arts regarding a low res point and click super-hero game. "But where will we get the artists!" cried Stan, well with all the fan game copy-write infringement coming from the AGS forums Lucas Arts knew just the people for the job.

Yes that means you! For this weeks sprite jam you need to take the role of character artists for Lucas Arts big new adventure game due for exclusive release on the Nintendo DS. You have been asked to create a Player character sprite of a classic Lucas Arts adventure game character dressed as their super-hero alter ego. The sprite needs to be suitable for the Nintendo DS's native resolution of 256 x 192 pixels.

To re-cap:

Sprite must be suitable for backgrounds sized at 256x192 pixels.

Sprite must be a unique image (no paintovers) of a classic Lucas Arts character dressed in a super-hero outfit.

Sprite can have no more than 30 colours.

Remember! With great power comes great responsibility.

Happy pixeling.

Ghost

Sweet theme... time for Spider-Max!

(7colours- Max wouldn't don the red/blue outfit. He *likes* the dark side...)

Matti

The perfect character for a game called "Super Throttle".

Obviously, it's the guy from Full Throttle, "Ben" I think. 15 colors.

x2:

fmt

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 15/07/2009 20:04:13
Sweet theme... time for Spider-Max!

(7colours- Max wouldn't don the red/blue outfit. He *likes* the dark side...)

Perfect!!! :o

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

When Billy Batson is critically injured while saving an ice cream truck, the great wizard SHAZAM! desperately searches the cosmos for a temporary replacement, a man with the inner strength and focus to use his gift of AMAZING POWERS for the benefit of good...

What he got was:

Cap'n Marvel!
(I was going to call him Cap'n Marley but it was such a lame idea to make him Elaine's father that I just ignore it.)

12 colors.

Using his newfound powers, Herman Toothrot is finally able to to stop being lost on islands and devote his time to saving wildlife everywhere while spreading the message of good will through yoga!

Chicky

Super awesome Progz, you totally did my favorite character.

Keep 'em coming guys, great effort so far!

Captain Lexington

"And who might you be?"

"I'm Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Thor!"

17 colors and background.

Pick Up Giant Hammer.

"It's too heavy to lift."

EDIT: Better version.

EDIT2: Better version still.

EDIT3: I can count.

Akatosh

"Oh, right, you're not actually dead yet.

Well, give me a minute."

Most stylish ARMORED COMBAT SUIT this side of eternity. :P

Kromagnon

Gros pixels for ever!       Game in production: CADAVER HEART=> http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=36373

SpacePaw

Chicky

Verging on a paint-over there but i'll allow it  :=

Nice entries so far!

SpacePaw

18 colors :)

It's the commandor Low-Goku!
A super sayan warrior traveling through space and liberating aliens from the facist goverments!

I hope non-marvel outfits are ok :)

IndieBoy

Bobbin Threadbare is the Green Arrow.

9 colours

Sorry, I know he is DC.

Also SpacePaw I'm loving your entry.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

SpacePaw

Quote from: IndieBoy on Tue 21/07/2009 21:43:51
Also SpacePaw I'm loving your entry.

Hahah! And I'm loving yours :) I suppose it's much better shaded. Wish I could shade that good :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteI hope non-marvel outfits are ok

Since he mentions Marvel is moving over into adventure games with Lucasarts characters I'd say no, but he's accepting what is pretty clearly a paintover so I guess anything goes! :)

Kromagnon

Thanks SpacePaw :) For now, I'm a fan of all entries!

Quote from: HTMI on Tue 21/07/2009 17:24:09
Verging on a paint-over there but i'll allow it  :=

Sorry about that... When I make "Iron Bernard", I thought the only thing who could recognize him was its posture...

Gros pixels for ever!       Game in production: CADAVER HEART=> http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=36373

Chicky

Yeah i figured as much Kromagnon, it's hard to keep someone's identity when they're wearing a helmet. SpacePaw's sprite is okay with me as it is quite clearly a superhero, i was quite specific with the rules and expected one or two deviations.

Some brilliant entries so far, i'm loving Progz, Indie boy and cap'n Lex's entries. But people, please do try to follow the rules if you want to win!  :=

Gilbert

(Not an entry)
Well, I misread the rules, due to the fact that the original description mentions Marvel but the set rules do not enforce the super hero to be a Marvel one (thus the entries of DC heroes). So I decided to twist it more, that I didn't take a LucasArt character, and I didn't even take a DC or Marvel hero, but I didn't notice beforehand that it's indeed written in the rules that the character needs to be a LucasArt one, so mine couldn't formally be considered an entry.

Since I made it just for (sick) fun, it wouldn't matter for me whether this counted as a valid entry anyway and so I've decided to just post it. Of course, if the host decides to accept this it would be welcome.

"My name is Laffer, Sailor Laffer."

32x64 (minus some invisible borders), altogether 15 colours (counting transparency)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk