Escape From The Chaotic City (NEW VERSION)

Started by Khristian Cammilleri, Fri 05/03/2010 20:31:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincewind

Been playing this all night now, and I have to say I'm impressed by the mood you've managed to create. The mix between point-n-click and action-survival horror works surprisingly well. Overall, it's a bit hit and miss when it comes to both gameplay and graphics, and I have to admit the spelling errors almost drove me mad, but the atmosphere and general entertainment-level is great. However, I've sort of become stuck near the end of the game, and I don't know if it's a bug or something I've just missed:

Spoiler

I've locked up Warren, raised the temperature and oxygen level in the core,
killed Hannah, picked up her ID card and key, but the laser beams are no longer flickering on and off, and haven't turned off completely, so I can't cross over to the other side of the corridor without being killed... I'm suspecting this is a bug making the whole thing unbeatable for me, but I thought it best to check before starting it all over again... :S
[close]

Looking forward to your next game, anywho!

Shadow1000

I'm stuck at the same place.

Spoiler
is there some way to know if the core has blown up? It seems that closing the hatch and setting the two sliders to the top doesn't do it. Am I missing a step? I can't proceed in the game until the core has blown up. I'm getting the warning but nothing happens. I've even gone to the roof to check that the hatch is closed.
[close]

Khristian Cammilleri

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 19/03/2010 03:22:36
I'm stuck at the same place.

Spoiler
is there some way to know if the core has blown up? It seems that closing the hatch and setting the two sliders to the top doesn't do it. Am I missing a step? I can't proceed in the game until the core has blown up. I'm getting the warning but nothing happens. I've even gone to the roof to check that the hatch is closed.
[close]

Rincewind has solved that part by himself...
He closed the hatch several times, then finally he managed to finish the game..

I don't know if it's a bug..
I have tested a lot of times that part of the game and I didn't get any error...

I hope you solve it!
PizzaNostra!

Shadow1000

Quote from: Eddy_Kraft on Sat 20/03/2010 22:58:22

Rincewind has solved that part by himself...
He closed the hatch several times, then finally he managed to finish the game..

I don't know if it's a bug..
I have tested a lot of times that part of the game and I didn't get any error...

I hope you solve it!

I went to a saved game and restored it and I finished the game.

Spoiler
The game that I was stuck in had Warren locked up. The game that I restored and succeeded with did not. Is it possible that it depends on the order in which you do the three tasks? If so, there should be something preventing you from doing things in an order that brings the game to a dead end.
[close]

Otherwise it was an awesome game. I could tell that a lot of work went into it. Thank you

Shadow

Khristian Cammilleri

I would like to give my thanks to the Ags panel for rating my game...
I'm surprised and incredibly happy... ;D
Escape From The Chaotic City is my first game..Perhaps it's not a HUGE game...
But it can help me to improve more...
I've learned from the errors and mistakes..

Well..I suppose I have nothing left to say than goodbye!
I will be developing a brand new game...

Bye! ;D

PizzaNostra!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk