XONXH - an intergalactic quest

Started by marbar, Mon 14/12/2009 21:21:05

Previous topic - Next topic

marbar

This is my very first game and project in AGS, so I hope you won't cut me too slack...;).
Iwas mainly inspired by games such as Out of Order or Bog's Adventure, because I enjoyed playing them very much. The game is in German so far, but I'll translate it into English before publishing it...I'll try to tell you about the story in English right now, and I hope it'll be somewhat comprehensible to you.

SO what's XONXH about?

Xonxh is an intergalactic farmer, well, he's in fact the only one. That's because food industry produces everything purely on synthetic basis. But he found a way to make his products unique, not open for synthetic production yet, and his intergalactic customers like them very much. Of course the guys from the big food companies don't like that and keep offering him to buy his animals and plants as to find a way to make the products synthetic too. But Xonxh likes his job - and want to stay a farmer - forever and ever.

One morning he wakes up, goes to his little farm and ....his animals aren't there anymore! Somebody kidnapped them, but who and why? Clearly these mean agents from the companies must be involved - but how to prove ist and how to get his animals back?

That's the start for an intergalactic quest, with lots of aliens and fantastic creatures involved. Will he succeed or does he have to give up his beloved farming? No, of course this must not happen! Help him! :)

And here are some of my screenshots so far. I mainly work with Photoshop, I guess you can see it easily in the graphics, but I'm a beginner with that too, so I hope you will like them anyway...somehow...a bit?

I'll add the image-Links and hope it's going to work...:

1) Introduction Cut Scene - Xonxh as a young boy listening to his grandpa's stories about the old farmers...before this synthetic stuff came up:

2) Here you can see Xonxh with his animals:

3) And finally Xonxh with his plants...

And this is the progress on the game so far:

Puzzles: 0%
Music and Sound: 15%
Grafics: 10%
Story: 25%
Scripting: 15%

Okay, I'm curios about your comments...!

:)

Frodo

This looks gorgeus!
I love your artwork, and all your creations.   ;D
You have a wonderful imagination to think of them all.   :=

Look forward to playing this one.  :)

Pinback

Looks cool man, the scene by the fire is quite charming. Keep us updated yo!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk