Collateral Jelly

Started by , Sun 26/07/2009 23:51:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Akatosh

Lookin' pretty good too me. Judging by the terms used, you've been hitting tvtropes a bit (well... in as much as you can hit that one "a bit", it's like trying to eat a single potato chip), so here's hoping you won't fall victim to the next archive binge before you finish the game.  :=

Ghost

You are right, tvTropes hs become a favourite of mine. So I made sure that the aliens DIDN'T DO THE RESEARCH, that there's a CLOUDCOCOOLANDER and a least one CROWNING MOMENT OF AWESOME  :=

Yes, tvTropes did a lot for me. It's better'n Wikipedia when it comes to inspiration.

@Vince: Since your articles taught me a lot about GUI design, this really means a lot to me! Thankies!!

Dualnames

Willow, nice name reminds me of my favorite tv series Buffy, but anyway, the game looks different from your typical graphical style..but I love the bgs!! and the storyline!!! :D

Got a fanboy.. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

The name's a reference to "Pussy Willow" by Jethro Tull, which is pretty awesome (see here). I can't even watch Buffy these days because of American Pie. Having two moderately attractive ladies on-screen, one of them known to abuse her transverse flute is... well it's just not healthy.

SuperDre

This looks absolutely great again.. can't wait to play it...

CosmoQueen

OH wow this looks so cool! I can't wait to play it!!!!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Ultra Magnus

Looks coolsome, sounds winfull. I'll be waiting for this one.
Mind you, I'm still waiting for OuaC2.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

OneDollar

Ooh, missed this. Looking great Ghost, liking the art stlye. You going for the record of number of simultaneous games in production? :=

bicilotti

Quote from: OneDollar on Mon 03/08/2009 14:08:02
Ooh, missed this. Looking great Ghost, liking the art stlye. You going for the record of number of simultaneous games in production? :=

One day he'll flood the marked and'll be sued for abuse of dominant position.

Let us know how's Willow, my friend!

arj0n

Quote from: OneDollar on Mon 03/08/2009 14:08:02
You going for the record of number of simultaneous games in production? :=
Not even counted the phrozen project(s) :D

Ghost

The beautiful thing about frozen projects is that they are not dead projects. I'd rather have a dozen "Frozens" and the knowledge that I can return to them than no idea at all  ;) We have this catchy phrase in Germany "Klasse, der Kühlschrank hat wieder nur Licht und Senf" ("Great, fridge's empty apart from the tiny light... and mustard.") My fridge at least is full of stuff that shouts "Make meeeee!" when I open it.  ;)

Willow's well, and the game is coming together nicely. All locations are in place, and that includes all objects too. From now on it's mostly coding the puzzles and writing the dialogue, which will take a while. I also have no animations at all (only talk-cycles), there is no sound, and while I know how the intro will look, I am wondering how to give it a bit more WHAM. It's nice to have the higher resolution by the way!

Also: mOds was kind enough to offer his services for Collateral Jelly's soundtrack, which is totally awesome! I'm very exited about this- I mean, original music!

Since so many of you commented on Willow, I made a little collage. The one version in the top left corner was the first sketch(when she was still Sally Straitjacket); the pencil doodle to the right is the base for her in-game sprite.

arj0n

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 03/08/2009 19:59:42
The beautiful thing about frozen projects is that they are not dead projects. I'd rather have a dozen "Frozens" and the knowledge that I can return to them than no idea at all  ;)
So true

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteAnd yes, the first time Ghost showed me that he drew a character in a straightjacket I immediately thought "I wish I'd thought of that!"

Done that one already :)

Looking good, Ghost!

bicilotti

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 03/08/2009 19:59:42
Since so many of you commented on Willow, I made a little collage. [...]

Gorgeous! It's always interesting to see what happens in the developer mind (& learn from it). Hope to see more of these sheets!

Dualnames

Ah, Willow still rings for Buffy.. :D

But well, have I said that i'd love to help out if you need help(only to play the game faster than you fools!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

Wa-hey... I've moved, and... wow, what have people done back then when they had no computers to back up as their library, stereo, movie center and, indeed, game-making-thingumie?
Collateral Jelly now grows in a small cellar room where my PC shares the little space there is with a bed and
my grandparent's stored marmalade.
Yup, that *is* ironic. But I move the "overall progress" slider up three notches.

arj0n

Nightfable

I love the character designs, you have some major talent Ghost! I can't wait to see more... !!  ;D

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 15/08/2009 20:36:26
Collateral Jelly now grows in a small cellar room where my PC shares the little space there is with a bed and
my grandparent's stored marmalade.
Yup, that *is* ironic. But I move the "overall progress" slider up three notches.

Hehe, inspiration comes in the least likely places. If I had a cellar room full of stored marmalade near my computer area, it would all be gone in a week, lol!

Nikolas

This looks brilliant mate!

Looking forward to this one, definately I am! :D

Atelier

Me too, I've posted in this thread before but it's so good it warrants two posts! Willow is a very interesting character, and you can guarantee I'll be responsible for +1 on the download counter. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk