Collateral Jelly

Started by , Sun 26/07/2009 23:51:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us!"
The trouble with alien invasions is, they are expensive. The hostile Hive Mind is on a budget and can only affort one tiny PlanetDestroyer (not really able to destroy a planet). Warmonger K''z doesn't mind. He has a plan. It is a fiendish plan. He can monologue about it for hours: Just invade one tiny asylum. Take on human shape. Claim the president as batshit insane. And then undermine the system and take this puny planet by stealth. Hey, it worked in Body Snatchers!

It's a good plan, especially since there is only one human being who knows about the secret invasion, and she happens to wear a straitjacket...

She has one ace up her sleeve though. The aliens learned all they know about earth from the internet. And we all know there are no women on the internet...

Collateral Jelly features gloriously crude 640x480 cartoon graphics, pirate ninja robot zombie aliens, intrusive tentacles, a sleek BASS-style interface and a very adventurous pillow. Oh, and Willow, she who wears the straitjacket. She's cute and she's got boobies, so you may want to play the game just for that.

Tech Sheet:
* 8 locations
* 4 characters (+ some imaginary ones)
* 640x480 at 16bit colour
* BASS-style interface (LMB = interact, RMB = look)
* uses the great TweenModule

Progress:
Plot & Puzzles: 90%
Backgrounds: 90%
Code Implementation: 50%
Lots and lots of tropes: 100%

Progress is going well, and I expect this to be done within this year. Yes, really, I mean it.

Have some screenies:

Dr. Will Lain is being genre-savvy.

Meet Uncle Norris. But don't *chuck* him.

Quote from Ben304: "Maybe she stuffs it all into her cheeks, like a hamster?"

The handy MENU, lime-, eggplant-, or meat pie-flavoured, depending on planet.

arj0n

Looking forward to see this one released, looks damn good.
Now I recognize your changed avatar :)

bicilotti

Oh man, oh god, oh F***k!

Looks great & was totally unexpected! And there are crayons in your inventory!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLloking forward to it!

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Arclight

Sweet. This looks great.

m0ds

Looks very enticing, Ghost! Best of luck :)

miguel

Same here, Ghost, good luck! :)
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

You guys are like giving your brain a nice, hot shower. Thanks for all the cheers!

Quote from: bicilotti on Mon 27/07/2009 00:04:30
And there are crayons in your inventory!
I *wanted* lightsabers. We almost had them, but, well, budget issues...

Ryan Timothy B

Looks excellent ghost!
I'm loving the character art.  Especially Willow's side view.  Looks great with all those baggy clothes and the odd posture with that straight jacket. :P

Snake

Ghost! This looks and sounds brilliant! Love this! I love the graphic style and I especially love the menu!

Looking forward :=
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

EKM

I really want to play this. The concept sounds hilarious.

Just from the screen shots alone, I'm fascinated by Willow. A chick in a straight jacket as the main character. That's just awesome =)

I love the colour. This is a whole dose of uniqueness. Good luck on completing it.

Helme

Sounds like fun, looks good and I appreciate the BASS-Interface.

I hope within this year means before christmas. ;D

Atelier

This looks is very good. I'll make sure I stay away from that creep with the polka dot top hat when I play it! :) Nice.

ThreeOhFour

What I've played and seen of this really made me chuckle, and I look forward to seeing more of it! I really love the art style :D

And yes, the first time Ghost showed me that he drew a character in a straightjacket I immediately thought "I wish I'd thought of that!"  :=

Cyrus

Great! Reminded me of Curly's Adventure and Edna & Harvey. When are you planning the release?

Bensch

Quote from: Ben304 on Mon 27/07/2009 12:02:59"I wish I'd thought of that!"  :=
exactly my first thought and mien.

this looks amazing, cant wait to play it!

Ghost

Ryan, Ben, Bensch - I am very happy you like Willow- I was a bit unsure how she'd do. If she comes over as likeable and even a bit original, I am more than glad!
Maybe she can tell those aliens that she's selling these fine jackets, and we can start a trend  ;)

Cyrus- Release will be within this year, and probably somewhere around October. Edna&Harvey was a very popular game here in Germany, but I have not yet played it, so I can't say how much the plots overlap. If anything, I found some inspiration in "Emily Enough", wich also takes place in an asylum.

Some beta testers have already shouted HUZZA via PM. I love you guys.

abstauber

Hey Ghost,
this is looking really exciting, I love your character art!

'Hope to play it soon.

Vince Twelve

Sweet.  This looks really cute!  I love the idea of a main character in a straight-jacket.  And your GUI design is awesome!  Good luck!

bicilotti

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Tue 28/07/2009 16:30:40
And your GUI design is awesome! 

OMG OMG OMG. VXII approved! That's better than ISO9000 and cake!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk