Return To Monkey Island

Started by sgreco, Wed 29/07/2009 11:49:35

Previous topic - Next topic

sgreco

Hi Guys,
i write from Italy, Milan ..
So, sorry for my "not perfect english" ! ;)

I'm a great fan of Monkey island series (in particular I , II e III episodes) ,
for this, i decide to create a Our FAN GAME production , that will be inspirated to the mythical characters created by Ron Gilbert in the 1990 (you have already unsterstand, i hope! :) )

The final name for our work will be : RETURN TO MONKEY ISLAND

This is the story :

Thanks to a curse of LeChuck, Guybrush is dispatched on Melee Island.
So far so normal, it may seem.
The problem is that our hero was shipped well 10 years before his first appearance on this island, when he was eager to become a pirate.
It will then Guybrush solve the riddle, Sailing to the island of TRIBE and retrieve an ancient object Voodo that help to get back in time ..
But .. not all go toward the expected

We actually develope the Demo 1.0 , builded with AGS 3.1 v3ersion.
The lenguage actually is only Italian, but we are providing an English translation

Here you can look a screeshot taken from the game :

This is the Melee Map

This is the Mighty ScummBAR!

There is two important notes :

1 . This game will be completely FREE! We work only for passion, and futhermore these is a copyright whit LucasArts and his characters

2.  There isn't Graphic Ripped! All Our graphics is absolutely inedit and creted from zero.

So, i hope you like this project!
If you have any question, please write me to sgreco2002@libero.it

Thanks for your attention.!
Sergio

Cyrus

Peder 🚀

About time this was announced ;D.

Another MI fan game I am looking forward to!

Midian Design

Hey, I'm italian too :D Great screenshots :) Good Luck! ;)

Dualnames

Wow, this looks really really professional!! A lot of MI fan games lately ..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

buddha

Great stuff, very promising! You just made it onto my 'games I'm looking forward to playing' list.  ;) Good luck with getting this puppy finished.

arj0n

The demo looks very cool.
It only can't detect my digital audio, so no sound...
Maybe this demo is old, I don't know, but there is no setup option to adjust audio or resolution stuff.
Besides that, great stuff!

sgreco

Sorry,
don't care about
http://st2.altervista.org/split.php?http://returntomi.altervista.org/rmi_setup1.1.exe

is a old demo with a lot of bugs and made with AGS 2.56.

We will release a new demo made with AGS 3.1 with :
more fluids character movement,
more graphical effect,
more puzzle to solve!

stay tuned :D

arj0n

Ghost

Looks very good indeed, I like the style of those graphics. Will give some more feedback once my download's complete, but already good luck on making this!

Khris

Looking good, although the second screen is pretty hard on the eyes IMO.

And please, could you upload screenshots resized to 640, not 500 which totally screwed up the pixel art?

Ryan Timothy B

QuoteAnd please, could you upload screenshots resized to 640, not 500 which totally screwed up the pixel art?

Ahh.  That's what that was.  Kept looking at the jagged double pixel look on the characters arms (either they ARE there, or it's due to the rescaling to a non divisible number).

Either way, the game looks interesting.  Let us know when it's done. :P

SuperDre

I just hope you won't be stopped by Lucasarts, especially since they are promoting MI themselves now again..
It absolutely looks great..

Kaio

Looks very promising! Keep it up.  :D

Synok

Looks awesome  :o but for some reason, some stuff just sticks out for some reason.

Cyrus

When are you planning to release an English demo?

sgreco

Quote from: Cyrus on Sun 02/08/2009 12:43:32
When are you planning to release an English demo?

Unfortunately not been :(

For the Final Release, the other language traduction will be our last development  :(

Did you mean For the Actual Demo ?

Quote from: Synok on Sat 01/08/2009 22:11:27
Looks awesome  :o but for some reason, some stuff just sticks out for some reason.

sorry, but i've a limitated comprension of english ;D

what you mean when you say :
"but for some reason, some stuff just sticks out for some reason" ?

Quote from: SuperDre on Thu 30/07/2009 19:47:50
I just hope you won't be stopped by Lucasarts, especially since they are promoting MI themselves now again..
It absolutely looks great..

think not, because our game is not 'for profit   ::)

Edit by Darth - combined posts.  Please do not triple (or double) post.

sgreco

UPDATE :
sorry guys, but i haven't find this topic.. thanks to Khris!
However.. this is the demo 2.1 if Return to Monkey Island..

started initially wiht the name "Son of guybrush" in 2005, have changed his name in 2007 and now we can show to you a complete playable demo.

We are a italian team, and unfortunousely the only language avaiable is Italian.

This is the story, rapidly :

Our mighty pirate hero, Guybrush Threepwood, was hit by a stange voodoo curse by his pirate-nemesis LeChuck.
But the intention of the latter were only to.. kill him!
So, our hero was transported 10 years before its first appearance in Melee Island!
it's up to Guybrush understand how to return to his time, but the homecoming is not like expected!

demo is avaiable in this site :

www.rmigame.altervista.org

Two in-game screenshot :

enjoy

Joe

I downloaded the demo. Nice character movement but I didn't like the pub background design it seems like the animation delay is really short...
Copinstar © Oficial Site

sgreco

Quote from: Joe Carl on Mon 14/09/2009 12:56:46
I downloaded the demo. Nice character movement but I didn't like the pub background design it seems like the animation delay is really short...

did you mean that the animation of candle on "scummbar" is too fast ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk