The Longevity Gene

Started by markbilly, Wed 12/08/2009 22:42:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Ricco

Quote from: markbilly on Sun 28/03/2010 02:07:32
Small Update.

First post has been edited to reflect the progress I've made. Graphics and scripting now up to ~70%.

I've added a new "Polish" progress bar because it will need a lot before beta testing starts and it means I can ramp the others up to 70%! ;D

Oh, and here's a screenie if you missed it from the critics' lounge:
maybe you could make the light beams as a separate sprite so they affect the player as he walks??

I dont know if AGS supports degrees of transparency though...

markbilly

Quote from: Captain Ricco on Wed 07/04/2010 18:39:21
maybe you could make the light beams as a separate sprite so they affect the player as he walks??

Already done. :)

markbilly

Good News!

I've updated the first post to better reflect progress.

Part 1:

Story: 100%
Scripting: 90%
Graphics: 90%
Dialogue: 80%
Sound: 50%
Music: 20%

All that is left now is adding dialogues and sound and making it all look nice.

So, yes. I put the last sequence together last night. The remainder of development is now filling in the gaps I left along the way and making it all look extra pretty.

In other news, Matthew Brown (aka GlassMoon) has joined the team to work on the sounds. He is improving or replacing all the existing sounds and making loads of brand new ones. I can assure you they all sound great!

Take a look at Matthew's site: www.mbrownportfolio.co.uk

Also, don't forget to check out all the progress on TLG (and other stuff) by following me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/mark_billy

GreenBoy

That is good news!  Really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

ThreeOhFour

Matti

Good news indeed. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Stacy Davidson

Looks awesome!  The minimalist graphical approach reminds me a bit of Flashback and Out of this World (AKA Another World), as well as Steel Sky of course.  Congrats!

-s
-Stacy Davidson
Jack Houston and the Necronauts
Warbird Games
www.warbirdgames.com

Steve Roderick

I love the graphics... reminds me of Epsilon 9 or Future Wars or something. I can't wait for this.

markbilly

Thanks for the support, everyone! :)

It is SO close, yet there is so much more to do... Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer, though!

Galen

Dr. Manhatten, you're finally wearing shorts!

Dualnames

Quote from: Steve Roderick on Wed 04/08/2010 16:59:32
I love the graphics... reminds me of Epsilon 9 or Future Wars or something. I can't wait for this.

Mark said he can't draw. In fact insisted heartily on that part.  ;)

Also,is this gonna take long? I can't wait from day one! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

markbilly

I'm working hard and so are the sound and music men! :) this will be done in the next couple of months...

theo

It's cool how the style has many colors but still is coherent in it's own muted, dark, depressing way.

Looking forward to this one!

Takyon

Been waiting for this for ages, cannot wait for the final result :D
ghost.

markbilly

Quote from: theo on Sun 08/08/2010 21:18:07
It's cool how the style has many colors but still is coherent in it's own muted, dark, depressing way.

thanks for the compliments :)

Quote from: J.H on Mon 09/08/2010 00:04:50
Been waiting for this for ages, cannot wait for the final result :D

It's getting there, don't worry!

Steve Roderick

I agree with everybody, this game is intriguing in every way. I'm just as excited for this game to be released as I was when GTA 4 and MGS 4 were released. Even the title - "The Longevity Gene" - I can only imagine what the story will be about, but the title in itself has captured my attention.

And those graphics... I'm kind of an old-school gamer having grown up with the Commodore 64, the NES, and DOS... these graphics are totally retro in the very best way, made by a guy who probably wasn't even born when these systems were in there prime. I can't wait to see some animation...

A definite "must-play" AGS game from markbilly - The Pixel Master.

ddq

I want this game inside me.

Please finish this game soon, please.

markbilly

Quote from: Steve Roderick on Mon 09/08/2010 01:21:59
I agree with everybody, this game is intriguing in every way. I'm just as excited for this game to be released as I was when GTA 4 and MGS 4 were released. Even the title - "The Longevity Gene" - I can only imagine what the story will be about, but the title in itself has captured my attention.

And those graphics... I'm kind of an old-school gamer having grown up with the Commodore 64, the NES, and DOS... these graphics are totally retro in the very best way, made by a guy who probably wasn't even born when these systems were in there prime. I can't wait to see some animation...

A definite "must-play" AGS game from markbilly - The Pixel Master.

Wow, can I put that on the box? :D

Jimbob

Less talk, more work! Think about the accolades later!

Seriously though. get it done. :P
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

markbilly

I should point people who follow this thread to the recent AGS blog interview about me and The Longevity Gene:

http://ags-ssh.blogspot.com/2010/08/interview-part-11-long-live-gene.html

Also, I posted this image on my twitter feed recently to illustrate some of the animation in the game (something I haven't managed to showcase much):

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk