Old thread from Adventure Related Talk & Chat

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 14/08/2009 21:15:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

AGS Archives:
AGS Archives is an archive of everything Adventure Game Studio!
It gives Game Developers a FREE reliable hosting solution for their AGS Games!
It will also include tools like download stats and more (feel free to suggest ideas!).

There are also several tools for registrered gamers, add games to your play later list.
Finished a game? add it to your finished games list and brag about it!
Create and share game bundles, comment on and rate games and more!

I hope to launch a lite version of the site by christmas with most of the features planned for the site.
However there are other features that might require some more time!

Please visit the site here: http://www.agsarchives.com

We're expanding!

AGS Archives are looking for like minded designers, coders, marketing gurus and what not with a spark willing to work for pure love! (and eventually some merch like a blue cup with the AGSA logo, t-shirts etc).

Do you fit in one of the categories or think you can be of help to AGSA?
Or maybe you know someone who would be interested?

PM me, tweet me @agsarchives or just email me.

Name the gift box competition!
Help us name the gift box: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151128705375217&id=493637255216

The best suggestion becomes the name of the chest and wins the entrant 2 gift boxes.
The second best suggestion wins the entrant 1 gift box.

You can also post your suggestions here right in this topic!

AGSer.me services:
AGSer.me is a FREE (though I gladly take donations!) service for AGS'ers.
Get yourself a FREE yourname.agser.me subdomain, a FREE yourname@agser.me email and FREE database/web hosting for your AGS related work/project, or even anything not AGS related!

Why don't you just head over to www.agser.me and apply right away!
Stuck? Just ask for help in this thread or PM me! I'll answer as soon as I can!
Don't know how to put together a website? I might be able to help! PM me what you are after and I'll see if I can help ;).

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen

Peder 🚀

BUMP!

Anyways, with this bump, Id like to ask you guys:
What kind of info would you like to see about the games on their game page on www.agsarchives.com?

(title, genre etc etc)

Mazoliin

Copy the AGS game page, it has everything and a little bit more :=

ThreeOhFour

What about the ability to put a list of links to reviews and the like?

This would be particularly good for those with commercial games.

bicilotti

The idea is great Peder!

I agree with Ben. Also, if you make a votepage too and voting availbale to registered users, it would be great to have a "you maight like also..."). That would rock.

Leon

When creating a games database I'd like to see info about:

- Game name
- Description of game
- Keywords to search on
- Date of release
- Filename of the game
- Available languages of the game
- Size of the game
- Link to external site (homepages of game)
- The author name (not the nick as used on the forum)
- Crossref author (to other work)
- Link to external site (homepages of author)
- Screenshot(s) of game
- User rating
- Length of the game *)
- Links to reviews
- Links to walkthroughs (not necessarily mine but I eventually do have them all.. Each game should have instructions on how to finish the game, either by author or third party).
- Addition info (optional) like background info, links to concept art on c&c, completed announcements, MAGS pages etc. Prizes won, articles in other publications...

*) It's always difficult to tell how long a game will take so I though of a system that will compare all games with each other to determine the length of a game.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

tzachs

I second all that was said, plus:

- Is it a "talkie" game?

This is something I personally miss in the game page & search...

Phemar

This is a fantastic idea, I can't wait for it to be implemented!

TerranRich

Damn. I had this amazing idea for an AGS version of IMDb.

Maybe I'll still make it anyway. It was going to be like the AGS Games site, on steroids, with user-submitted reviews and such.

Peder 🚀

Go for it TerranRich! ;).

And thanks guys for your input!
It will help me alot with developing the system! :).

Joseph DiPerla

Pedar, keep it up. I too am working on something similar. Look in my sig. Anyways, more mirrors are a great thing! Keep it up.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

J_Aguila

Excellent idea. It sounds interesting :)
You can check my music by following this link:
www.myspace.com/oniricajordi

Dualnames

How the hell did we all miss this topic. Peder this sounds like a really good idea you've come up with!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 09/11/2009 07:12:28
How the hell did we all miss this topic. Peder this sounds like a really good idea you've come up with!

I asked myself the very same question... Maybe in summer we were all busy discussing religion :P

Haddas

I believe the author aswell as the admins should have control of what info goes on the game page. ie. the articles in other publications and stuff. The maker should be able to add those him/herself, yet the admin/moderator should confirm the changes. You can't expect the site admin to chase the net for content/articles/reviews featuring the game in question.

Peder 🚀

Haddas: Thats actually what I had in mind :).
I dont want to give users full access to edit things and having the changes update automatically.
And I was also wondering.. Should I allow deleting games?
One of the main reasons I want to make this site is to one day host all AGS games ever made (offcourse it will never be finished as there will be new games all the time).

What do you guys think?

Ryan Timothy B

If someone makes a game and doesn't want it known/hosted anymore, I believe they should have the right to delete the game.

Leon

Please don't delete them.... just hide them from public view....

LimpingFish

Quote from: Leon on Mon 09/11/2009 19:21:08
Please don't delete them.... just hide them from public view....

I agree. An option to not have the game displayed in the database should suffice.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Peder 🚀

Yeah. but the idea is it being an "archive"!
It is not mainly meant to be the new game portal of AGS or anything! :P.
Hence why I also wanted to restrict what the authors can do..

Its supposed to host everything AGS, and as a "bonus" allow the authors to link their download links on other website to the file hosted on my server!

Allowing the authors to "add" their games themselves is basically to make it more effective..
If I was to add every game myself it would end up being my full time job! :P.

Ryan Timothy B

Alright, curious question then, what happens if someone uploads a game.  Then after a few weeks/months of people playing it and discovering bugs, what happens to the old version when they upload the newer one?  Will the old version stay on the server hogging up space?  Or will it delete the old version? 

If it deletes the old version, what happens if the new version was a blank/fake file so they could use that to 'delete' their game?

QuoteI will also make it possible to upload several game files so if you want to keep the old versions too you can.
Actually I just noticed this.  What happens if the blank/fake file was uploaded and they chose to delete the 'older' version.

So you'll definitely need to give the user the ability to 'hide' the game from the public, or they'll find ways to remove it.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 09/11/2009 22:03:38
What happens if the blank/fake file was uploaded and they chose to delete the 'older' version.

So you'll definitely need to give the user the ability to 'hide' the game from the public, or they'll find ways to remove it.

Anything the user does needs to be accepted by me (or any other person that might end up working with me on it).
The point with allowing more files uploaded is to avoid uploading over the file that is active, and giving people who might be downloading at that moment broken files. and the fact, people might just want to upload a patch instead of the full game all over again!

The user will never be able to do an action and the action being performed straight away.
All admins (if more than me) will have a control panel that will show any requests made by users, either a new game, new file etc.

If someone upload a file, we have to test to see if it works how it should.
As we dont want to put out a broken file for download!

So if someone try to upload a blank to replace the old we will know..
But eitherway. I thought of some ideas about this "issue" :).

I was thinking that authors can ask to have their game "disabled" which will give the game title in the games list a special color. And then people who REALLY wants it badly, can send a request to get a download link.
I could also stretch it further and make it only possible to request the link if they register as a user and have earned a specific amount of points. (for rating etc).
But it would make only people who really want it go through the steps, and I not sure if its any point to make it that hard to get a game an author has "disabled".

I do understand very clearly the issue about it, so Ill definatly make sure in the end there is a good system for it!
But the games will never be deleted from the database!

What do you guys think about these rough ideas? :)

bicilotti

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 09/11/2009 22:24:55
What do you guys think about these rough ideas? :)

I think the solution you have outlined is fair for you and the devs. Go for it!

TerranRich

Damn, Peder. So far your project is nearly identical to the one I had in mind. With that said, I'm no longer working on my AGSDb (IMDb for AGS) website, so I'll give you some suggestions that my own idea would've implemented.

First off, user-submitted reviews. The main AGS Games page is filled with "Great game! :)" or something similarly short, and nothing more. There could be an option for users to write up full reviews for games.

Also, each games page could feature a development/other news blog maintained by the creator, so it's more like a mini-site than just a listing.

Just some thoughts. Might as well put those ideas to good use if I won't use them myself. :)

Peder 🚀

I like the development/other news blog idea :).
I've allready done this for one of my other sites, though its non AGS related :P.

Let me know if your interested in maybe joining in when the final system is ready! ^^.

Leon

I'd say you shouldn't make it too massive at first. Although you need a good base, the project might become too vast. Why not start with the basics, just the listings and completeness of the basic data. You can always expand and add features in the future. If you stay with it too long, you'll never launch and the interest gets lost.

Just start with the basic listings etc. When you're live, you'll get suggestions and ideas on the go and can implement them later. ImDB also wasn't built in one day. When you look at how they started...  :)

As for the versions and games, you need to rename them yourself and give them version names in the filename. If you depend on the author, they all have the same name and get overwritten. Having an administrator adding the games would be more appropriate except it might keep authors from submitting because they don't see immediate result. Unless... you let them make a temp entry themselves that is marked as 'needs moderation' and then gets updated by the administrator.

Then the question surfaces how the author links to the gamefile if it's being renamed by the administrator...  ::)

I think you should separate the two. Right now you're aiming to be a flexible provider for everyone but on the other side you want to be an archive that needs moderation and administration. I see a lot of challenges and hard work here.

I see a lot of people in the AGS community working on similar projects. Why not let others do the reviews, ratings, news etc. Just focus on what it says on the pack: agsarchives.com. Create a repository with files, versions and info about that. In phase 2 you can always see if you can merge with another site/database that holds reviews, documents etc..

Just my thoughts...

TerranRich

That's a very good point, Leon, and something that I as a web developer tend to ignore all too easily. Start small, then add features as the site grows.

And Peder, I would love to help with any coding issues or problems that arise once the site goes beta or is launched. :)

Joseph DiPerla

Well, I dont know if you guys think this would be good, but what if we got together to work on a site. I sent you guys PM's. Seperating the load can lead to a faster design and better content. Pedar, Leon, Terran, check your pm.
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Peder 🚀

But why did you then give me this list??
Quote from: Leon on Sat 07/11/2009 13:17:29
- Game name
- Description of game
- Keywords to search on
- Date of release
- Filename of the game
- Available languages of the game
- Size of the game
- Link to external site (homepages of game)
- The author name (not the nick as used on the forum)
- Crossref author (to other work)
- Link to external site (homepages of author)
- Screenshot(s) of game
- User rating
- Length of the game *)
- Links to reviews
- Links to walkthroughs (not necessarily mine but I eventually do have them all.. Each game should have instructions on how to finish the game, either by author or third party).
- Addition info (optional) like background info, links to concept art on c&c, completed announcements, MAGS pages etc. Prizes won, articles in other publications...
:P hehehe.

Actually, when I posted here I hoped for the opposite result of what I recieved.
Because as ive said many times now, its meant to be an archive...

I agree, it might be smart to start small!
And I never said Id implement all the suggested features in the first beta ;).

If the user tries to upload a file with the same name as another file in their "folder" the script will give the user an error! So no matter what, they will never be able to overwrite an old file!

Also the script will allways rename the file.
Because I want all files to have the same name style.

The name of the file will depend on the title of the game, and the version.

arj0n

Peder, when it's in a beta phase, and you gonna let it be checked like Darth did with his mindwinder project I'd like to be of any help to test it and give comments to make it even more 'perfect'. Glad this project is going to be for real, we've been waiting for such an AGS Archive place, great job!

Peder 🚀

Thanks Arj0n!
I'll let you know as soon as a beta is ready! :).

TerranRich

So wait, you're just making basically a file mirror for all AGS game downloads?

If so, I'm continuing with my idea. Our sites could even work together, using your site as a backup for downloads!

;D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Peder's pretty brilliant with this kind of stuff.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: TerranRich on Tue 10/11/2009 04:29:30
So wait, you're just making basically a file mirror for all AGS game downloads?

Noooooooooo!!!! NO MIRROR!!!!!
hehehe. I want to replace the MAIN download link ;).

But no, as I said... an archive!
But the plan was never to include ALOT of extra info.
The main idea, was to give game developers a place to host their game without all these horrible steps other hosting sites put the downloaders through. And to offer game players a nice looking archive of everything AGS with basic info about each item!

But for sure! Go ahead with your idea ;).
I will be open too join forces with any other site :).

@ProgZ: heh thanks ^^.

Leon

I suggest each party keeps on doing what he/she's intended to do: Terran makes the reviews & alternative community, Peder makes the repository and I keep working on the documentation. When Peder's repository is up and running (the core of it all), we can join forces and link one another.

For now I think Peder should just focus on the database with games and basic info to be able to search it and add new entries.

TerranRich

I think I got it now. Basically a file upload service with search/organization capabilities? Sorry if I try to "dumb it down" for myself, but I need to know exactly what you're making so I don't duplicate it. It still sounds like we could join forced. ;D

Peder 🚀

It's an archive with a file upload service ;)!
hehe :P.

TerranRich

That's what I meant. Excellent, then our sites can work together. I'm just glad I won't be stepping on your toes when I eventually post a similar thread asking for tips and ideas. :)

Peder 🚀

Heh, dont worry about that! :).

I wouldent mind if you DID anyways ;).
I'd just make my site 10 times better than yours ;) hehe ;D.

TerranRich

But we're not competing! ;)

Ryan Timothy B

Terran, it would be cool to have an AGSDb (IMDb-like) website, but I can't see too much information being placed on each game.
A few voice actors possibly, maybe the artist(s), musician(s), the programmer(s) or programming help, etc.  But not too much information.  Curious, what else did you have in mind that would differ from what IMDb has for movies, to keep the AGSDb interesting?

TerranRich

So far I have:

- User-submitted reviews for games, more in-depth than just two-word comments on the Games page
- Screenshots for the game, as many as the creator wants
- Downloads section for the game, whether they be tech demos, gameplay demos, full downloads, or even store links to purchase the game. I was even pondering the idea of having a store on the AGDB site for people to add their games if they want to sell them.

I plan on opening up a thread similar to this one asking for suggestions. I'll do that in the next few days.

Phemar

I think the IMDb format could work very well for an AGS database. You should definitely try and do it, Terran.

Abisso

Ok, now the problem is actually a real one. Unfortunately, my web-host is terrible, and sometimes it happens that the download stops at a certain point, before the entire file is downloaded. Obviously, the resulting file is corrupt.

I've never been able to understand when that happens, and if it also has to do with the browser used.

The only thing I can suggest is to try a lot of times, until the filesize matches the one reported on the site (or until the archive isn't corrupt).

And, if you want, I can send the game to you by email.

EDIT: Sorry, I don't know what I've drunk to do such a mistake, but I meant to post this answer in another thread, like someone cleverly noticed.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Peder 🚀

Leon

Peder 🚀

That explains it ^^

Dualnames

Quote from: TerranRich on Thu 12/11/2009 19:25:59
But we're not competing! ;)

He's already beating you anyways. (I'm retarted to post after that while, but I took some thought on that pun)

As for agsarchives, I'm wondering is it like better to have an ftp and create username for us so we can upload our games? Just a wonder. Or is it just better if you do it yourself?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Peder 🚀

There will be an upload script for you guys ;).
But since I recon not every game maker that has made a game with AGS will register himself on it, I will be adding alot of games manually. But I hope that most of the active game makers using AGS will register on the site when its ready.

Peder 🚀

To anyone who uses my server for any type of download link please PM me!
During february alot will happen around agsarchives.com and all current links will be changed!
So to avoid dead links I need to know who to contact about the new links :).

I am also gonna reveal that by using my server to host your games and by using my links on other pages, you will get statistics of how many times your games have been downloaded via other sites!

And I would like to ask for people that would like to help beta test the system before it goes online for developers!
The beta testing will hopefully start around the end of february!
(Just PM me to show your interest).

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen.

arj0n

Peder, any news on the AGS Archive beta status?

ThreeOhFour

I think all my games are now hosted under the new system thing.

Hooray :D

Dualnames

Definitely one of the best ideas ever, if no one's stated it yet. I'm confident a 70% or more of the AGS game developers have trouble with hosting, and AGS archives will not only just fix that, but actually maintain integrity! :D

Peder 🚀

@[ Arj0n ]: Its progressing slowly but steady!

@Ben304: So they are, but the links are gonna change again I am afraid! :P. (Old will still work, but I prefer you to change them when their working! I'll PM you the details.)

@Dualnames: Thanks for your nice words! :).

Danman

I agree with dual names. Most file host sites delete files after a few days. So this site is like a savior to most developers. ;D Including me ;)

also Not to mention it is also more professional  8)

Peder 🚀

@Danman: Thanks!

To those of you making commercial games using AGS, I am interested in banners for agsarchives.com.
If you want a banner linked to your site please make me one at 200 pixels wide and PM me your website link aswell as the banner!

I will offcourse not charge you anything for it ;).

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Yes because charging for it would imply you had to do things with some kind of priority and actually follow through.  :-\

Peder 🚀

I've been thinking a bit about leaving some games out.
This is because it seems there are some games that are madly large and include little or no gameplay.
The idea will be to list the games that are left out and have people discuss if they should be included on the site or not.

Currently there aint many games at all that I am planning not to add, and I doubht there will be alot neither.
It is mostly LARGE games that is uninteresting for people to download then to only get dissapointed of what they get.

But to be fair with everyone as I said there will be possible for people to discuss if those games actually should be included.

I am also interested in getting some suggestions for "staff roles".
As in "Background artist" "Composer" etc.
As I plan to have a bunch of "ready" titles to "save" time when adding the people who worked on your game.

@ProgZ, I know what you are "hinting" towards here and you shall soon be contacted about it.

Peder 🚀

BUMP!

I could really need some help with the "staff roles" I mentioned in my previous post!

In other news, I have pre-launched the website and I hope to get the beta up and running very soon!
I also have a big job infront of me adding all the game files to the server then to start adding the "missing games".

Please give feedback of whats there, if you think something is missing or could be done different etc.

Dualnames

I'm supposing this is incomplete, therefore registration is like impossible.

I really like it!! :D

Peder 🚀

It is incomplete atm yes.
There are also still alot of functions not working etc.

Now you can actually register an account :) though, you wont be able to do anything user stuff yet :P.
Also seems the registration confirmation email doesn't get sent...

Peder 🚀

Moved to new server! Let me know if any of your download links have stopped working and Ill get right at fixing them!
Now with the server in place, I can start uploading all the games! :).

Ryan Timothy B

You've spelled 'already' incorrectly 3 times on the main page.  :=
You have 'allready'.

Peder 🚀

Lol, I not a great speller :). I shall fix that!

Peder 🚀

Hey all!

I could really need some help mapping all "broken games" in the AGS games database aswell as map all games NOT in the AGS games database as I know there are quite a bunch!

I also could need help mapping out all games unable to run on system with windows XP+ as I would like to try and "fix" these before they are hosted on agsarchives.com!

PM me if your interested!

Peder 🚀

I will be uploading alot of games now and are currently working on a managing system for the site.
So I will be needing a small group of people willing to spend some time on going through all the "ready" games to check if everything is ok (that the file works, there is a screenshot, that all info is correct etc.). I don't expect to have the system up and running tomorrow but hope to have it ready really soon!

Anyone interested to help just PM me :).

Peder 🚀

BUMP!

I need help making an upload script!
Since Nexus now will be using the AGSA interface I am back in work on the user system!

I basically need some help making the upload script for the game files, screenshots and avatars.

The one uploading pictures should convert all images to the same format (not IMPORTANT but I thought it would be best to use the same format over the whole site).

The uploader to upload the game files need to make sure the file is a zip file and that all the files are located in the root of it. It will also have to check for all .exe files and if more than 1 and neither of them are "winsetup" it will have to prompt the user of which one is the executable for the game. (This is for Nexus) If there is only 1 or 2 but the second one being "winsetup" it will not have to promt the user.

I could probably do most of this part, it is mostly making a "status" bar thing and making the uploader as effective as possible I need help with!

To moderators:
Is it possible to have this thread stickied untill everything is up and running 100%?

Peder 🚀

BUMP!

In need of a web designer/developer to help me out with a revisioned AGSArchives.com.
Not a paid position but a potential partnership is considered!

Check out the recruitment thread post for more info:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=36479.msg570430#msg570430

Peder 🚀

AGSA has really been unfinnished for way too long now and after trying to get some help with freshening the design up I ended up deciding to do it myself. (I had awesome help however I felt the contributor was way too busy for me wanting to bother him with this so I took it in my own hands).

You can see the current "build" by visiting the URL below:
http://beta.agsarchives.com/

This is more or less nearly done gamers wise.  The developers part is yet to be started.

Now I'd love to hear what you guys think of the new design/system so far and I would love to hear if anyone of you would be willing to help me spice up the archives screenshot/description wise. There are ALOT of games with horrible or just none screenshots. Screenshots need to be tailored the new design, descriptions needs to be cleaned up and get more detailed.

I will be creating a system to easier perform all this so you won't have to know anything about FTP and such, but have basic photoshop (photo editing) skills and prefferably better with english than me.

I will also need a handfull of developers willing to test the developers dashboard once it is done.

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen.

Ponch

Poking around now. I like the look of it. Of course, Barn Runner should be on every page, but that goes without saying, doesn't it? I would like to see an alphabetical index for the games, but other than that, it looks very nice. (Also, you're missing a few Barn Runner games  ;) ). Once this is finished, this will be an invaluable AGS resource. Nice job!

Peder 🚀

Thanks!

Lol we can fix that, just PM me a bribe ;).
Yeah others have also mentioned alphabetical index, and I will see what I do.
Yeah, loads of games missing and for every new game released there is another one missing o_O.
Though I hope to finish this before chrisitmas and launch it so developers can start adding all their games themselves!

I and specially Arj0n has done alot of work finding older games and I still have tons to add from those findings so I'd rather get the developers to add their recent games themselves :P.

Peder 🚀

BUMP! wish more people would read this as I really need help!

Also I could really need some feedback on wether I should have just normal comments on the game pages or more of a reviews type of comment. (Comment with rating system to rate the game).

http://beta.agsarchives.com/gamecard/286/a-friend-indeed-the-adventures-of-jp-cosmo.html

It would be really nice if anyone interested in helping out on the site, be it testing the system once it is done, helping out fixing content or just giving feedback on ideas etc, would PM me with their interest!

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen.

straydogstrut

Ooh purdy!

Geez I miss a lot. How you managed to sneak this little update under the radar I don't know.

I'm liking the redesign a lot, there's really not much I would ask you to change. It's a nice clean, fresh look and I like all the little touches: the spiky footer, the game developer bar at the top, meta information on the games, 6-12-24 games shown choice (less scrolling!), and that gorgeous AGS Archives icon. I'd maybe like to see more rounded corners, such as on the search box, but actually it's probably a good thing that you've used them sparingly. It all fits together really well as it is :)

Only UI element that seems a little strange is the plus sign when you hover over a game's picture. I like the rollover effect, but the plus sign means 'add' to me, like 'add to my shopping cart' or similar. Not sure what other icon to suggest though and I do see there's a plus sign in the top bar so I guess it means 'more information..'

I'll happily help out with screenshots - assuming I can take decent ones for you - and proof reading if you'll have me :)

EDIT: That's what you're missing - maybe it's not that important tho - the resolution blurb like we have in the games database :)

Rakuen

That is really nice!

So clean and easy.

I wish I could help with anything but alas the only internet access I have is my android  :-\

At least I could keep you posted on how mobile friendly it is.  ;D

Oh and I think a rating comment system, purely for the fact it will force people to rate therefore anyone wanting to randomly post a rude/troublesome comment may be more discouraged to do so.

Ryan Timothy B

Did you purposely make the no screenshot image with poor grammar?
"This game haven't got no screenshot!"

It looks a little unprofessional for such a serious website. Why not just "No Screenshot"?

Also there is a terrible compression on some of the screenshots.  example

Peder 🚀

Quote from: straydogstrut on Mon 24/10/2011 19:02:56
I'll happily help out with screenshots - assuming I can take decent ones for you - and proof reading if you'll have me :)

EDIT: That's what you're missing - maybe it's not that important tho - the resolution blurb like we have in the games database :)

Thanks, it is something I am really gonna need help with once the site is ready (and as soon as I've made some kind of a moderator dashboard.

About the resolution blurb, I felt it was not much of an important feature to include. However if enough people feel it is important and want to help add the info to every single game then I wont say no about adding it :P. But it is not something I will be adding by myself.

Quote from: Rakuen on Mon 24/10/2011 19:22:35
Oh and I think a rating comment system, purely for the fact it will force people to rate therefore anyone wanting to randomly post a rude/troublesome comment may be more discouraged to do so.

Thanks! I think comment system with rating is probably the best idea myself. As I'd like to have some kind of rating system at least. And that would be the easiest.

Ryan
I know... I am just useless when it comes to grammar, specially at night (which is when I usually get to work properly on AGSA).
Eitherway the idea is to not need those anyway. I want every game to have at least 1 screenshot. Hence why I am asking for help with just that :P.

The above kinda explains the next part of your post too ;).

Peder.

Jasmine

I've been playing some games and would be happy to take screenshots for the ones that don't have them yet, if that would be helpful.  I probably won't do a ton as I don't have a ton of spare time for playing, but I don't see why I can't help out with the ones I'm going to be playing anyway  :P

Peder 🚀

Peder 🚀

So, this month has been a bit tight and by the looks of it I will most probably not be able to pay the monthly bill for the server this month. So therefore I am asking anyone who appreciate my work so far or anyone using the AGSer.me service to please donate some money if you can!

Donate through paypal by clicking the image below!

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen.

Peder 🚀

Just wanted to say thanks to 3 very generous people (you know who you are! <3) I now already have enough money to pay the bill! You can still donate monies offcourse if you want but I have what I so urgently needed to pay the bill!

Thanks guys <3.

Peder.

Peder 🚀

We're expanding!

AGS Archives are looking for like minded designers, coders, marketing gurus and what not with a spark willing to work for pure love! (and eventually some merch like a blue cup with the AGSA logo, t-shirts etc).

Do you fit in one of the categories or think you can be of help to AGSA?
Or maybe you know someone who would be interested?

PM me, tweet me @agsarchives or just email me.

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen.

Ponch

Will I finally be able to purchase ab official plain blue cup?!?  Awesome!  :D

Peder 🚀

You will possibly be able to buy the "insert name here" which will include an "official" plain blue cup! :P lol.
Even though what I got in mind will be initially meant for "employees" (as I can't actually pay them in money) I do plan on gifting some away in some competitions and for sure possibly sell some! I just need to find a company that does the kind of thing I am looking for ;).

Joseph DiPerla

Peder 🚀

Thanks for those links however they are not what I need ;). I'm looking for a company that will do all the things I need, blue cups, t-shirts, packaging etc.

Peder 🚀

Name the gift box competition!
Help us name the gift box: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151128705375217&id=493637255216

The best suggestion becomes the name of the chest and wins the entrant 2 gift boxes.
The second best suggestion wins the entrant 1 gift box.

Tabata

Sorry,
I don't have an account „over there“

AGS Archives Giveaway Stock

Peder 🚀

Like Tabata, you're welcome to post your entry here if you haven't got a Facebook account!

And the box will now most probably be cube like and will currently contain:
1. A blue cup
2. AGSA t-shirt
3. Possibly a disc with some AGS game content not available for FREE anywhere
4. Papers (letter/booklet).

If anyone got any good suggestions for content shoot me a PM!

straydogstrut

Adventure Game Shoebox

I realise there should be an Archives in there somewhere though..

Peder 🚀

straydogstrut

Oh! Another popped into my head..

The Big Blue Bundle

(how original(!))

Stupot

Roger's Box
The AGSA Chest for Glory (or Ylrog)
Chris Jones' Locker

Peder 🚀

CaptainD

Tabata

LocutusofBored

1. The Cupholder

2. The Big Blue Kettle

3. The Kittten Kaboodle

Peder 🚀

I might be hitting a dead end here with this!
But if I do, I will still have some great prizes for the 2 best suggestions.

So competition is still on, the gift box might just not happen just yet!

Peder 🚀

I really need some people to help me with Nimbus as I'm seeing myself unfit to do anything with it myself!

I've added the source to github here:
https://github.com/pederjohnsen/Nimbus

If any one is interested in working on it shoot me a PM!

arj0n

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Thu 13/10/2011 13:57:16
Thanks!

I and specially Arj0n has done alot of work finding older games and I still have tons to add from those findings so I'd rather get the developers to add their recent games themselves :P.

I want to make clear that all of this wasn't been able without the help of the guy from the Hint's and Tips board: LEON.
He is the source of most of the games now available at AGSArchives.

Just thought this should also be mentioned  ;)

-Arj0n.

Peder 🚀

Leon has for sure been of BIG help and a huge contributor of game files for the archives!

In other news, I'm cleaning up the design a bit and hopefully getting ready to finish all the backend stuff so I can fully "launch" the site!

A sneakpeak of how the cleaned up look is going to look like can be viewed here: http://new.agsarchives.com/
As soon as the whole site is functional in the cleaned up look it will be pushed live on the main domain.

Peder 🚀

Hi all, I've been slacking too much with the MAGS entries and haven't got any of the entries since May 2010 - present.
A complete list of entries from this period is listed below, I'm in need of all of them for the archives! I'm sure some probably still have working links etc, however I know for a fact some have broken links.

[EDIT]
All games are now located! yay!

arj0n

Here you've got the missing ones from 2010.

2010-05 - Head Over Heels
2010-05 - The Parrot Snatchers
2010-05 - Aidas Strange Christmas
2010-09 - Abduction
2010-09 - Call Me George

Peder 🚀

arj0n

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Fri 25/05/2012 17:20:18
[EDIT]
I now only need the ones listed below:

2010-01 - Shades of Greye
2011-03 - The Day Nothing Happened
Here's Shades of Greye & The Day Nothing Happened.

Peder 🚀

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk