Old thread from Adventure Related Talk & Chat

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 14/08/2009 21:15:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

AGS Archives:
AGS Archives is an archive of everything Adventure Game Studio!
It gives Game Developers a FREE reliable hosting solution for their AGS Games!
It will also include tools like download stats and more (feel free to suggest ideas!).

There are also several tools for registrered gamers, add games to your play later list.
Finished a game? add it to your finished games list and brag about it!
Create and share game bundles, comment on and rate games and more!

I hope to launch a lite version of the site by christmas with most of the features planned for the site.
However there are other features that might require some more time!

Please visit the site here: http://www.agsarchives.com

We're expanding!

AGS Archives are looking for like minded designers, coders, marketing gurus and what not with a spark willing to work for pure love! (and eventually some merch like a blue cup with the AGSA logo, t-shirts etc).

Do you fit in one of the categories or think you can be of help to AGSA?
Or maybe you know someone who would be interested?

PM me, tweet me @agsarchives or just email me.

Name the gift box competition!
Help us name the gift box: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151128705375217&id=493637255216

The best suggestion becomes the name of the chest and wins the entrant 2 gift boxes.
The second best suggestion wins the entrant 1 gift box.

You can also post your suggestions here right in this topic!

AGSer.me services:
AGSer.me is a FREE (though I gladly take donations!) service for AGS'ers.
Get yourself a FREE yourname.agser.me subdomain, a FREE yourname@agser.me email and FREE database/web hosting for your AGS related work/project, or even anything not AGS related!

Why don't you just head over to www.agser.me and apply right away!
Stuck? Just ask for help in this thread or PM me! I'll answer as soon as I can!
Don't know how to put together a website? I might be able to help! PM me what you are after and I'll see if I can help ;).

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen

Peder 🚀

BUMP!

Anyways, with this bump, Id like to ask you guys:
What kind of info would you like to see about the games on their game page on www.agsarchives.com?

(title, genre etc etc)

Mazoliin

Copy the AGS game page, it has everything and a little bit more :=

ThreeOhFour

What about the ability to put a list of links to reviews and the like?

This would be particularly good for those with commercial games.

bicilotti

The idea is great Peder!

I agree with Ben. Also, if you make a votepage too and voting availbale to registered users, it would be great to have a "you maight like also..."). That would rock.

Leon

When creating a games database I'd like to see info about:

- Game name
- Description of game
- Keywords to search on
- Date of release
- Filename of the game
- Available languages of the game
- Size of the game
- Link to external site (homepages of game)
- The author name (not the nick as used on the forum)
- Crossref author (to other work)
- Link to external site (homepages of author)
- Screenshot(s) of game
- User rating
- Length of the game *)
- Links to reviews
- Links to walkthroughs (not necessarily mine but I eventually do have them all.. Each game should have instructions on how to finish the game, either by author or third party).
- Addition info (optional) like background info, links to concept art on c&c, completed announcements, MAGS pages etc. Prizes won, articles in other publications...

*) It's always difficult to tell how long a game will take so I though of a system that will compare all games with each other to determine the length of a game.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

tzachs

I second all that was said, plus:

- Is it a "talkie" game?

This is something I personally miss in the game page & search...

Phemar

This is a fantastic idea, I can't wait for it to be implemented!

TerranRich

Damn. I had this amazing idea for an AGS version of IMDb.

Maybe I'll still make it anyway. It was going to be like the AGS Games site, on steroids, with user-submitted reviews and such.

Peder 🚀

Go for it TerranRich! ;).

And thanks guys for your input!
It will help me alot with developing the system! :).

Joseph DiPerla

Pedar, keep it up. I too am working on something similar. Look in my sig. Anyways, more mirrors are a great thing! Keep it up.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

J_Aguila

Excellent idea. It sounds interesting :)
You can check my music by following this link:
www.myspace.com/oniricajordi

Dualnames

How the hell did we all miss this topic. Peder this sounds like a really good idea you've come up with!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 09/11/2009 07:12:28
How the hell did we all miss this topic. Peder this sounds like a really good idea you've come up with!

I asked myself the very same question... Maybe in summer we were all busy discussing religion :P

Haddas

I believe the author aswell as the admins should have control of what info goes on the game page. ie. the articles in other publications and stuff. The maker should be able to add those him/herself, yet the admin/moderator should confirm the changes. You can't expect the site admin to chase the net for content/articles/reviews featuring the game in question.

Peder 🚀

Haddas: Thats actually what I had in mind :).
I dont want to give users full access to edit things and having the changes update automatically.
And I was also wondering.. Should I allow deleting games?
One of the main reasons I want to make this site is to one day host all AGS games ever made (offcourse it will never be finished as there will be new games all the time).

What do you guys think?

Ryan Timothy B

If someone makes a game and doesn't want it known/hosted anymore, I believe they should have the right to delete the game.

Leon

Please don't delete them.... just hide them from public view....
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

LimpingFish

Quote from: Leon on Mon 09/11/2009 19:21:08
Please don't delete them.... just hide them from public view....

I agree. An option to not have the game displayed in the database should suffice.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Peder 🚀

Yeah. but the idea is it being an "archive"!
It is not mainly meant to be the new game portal of AGS or anything! :P.
Hence why I also wanted to restrict what the authors can do..

Its supposed to host everything AGS, and as a "bonus" allow the authors to link their download links on other website to the file hosted on my server!

Allowing the authors to "add" their games themselves is basically to make it more effective..
If I was to add every game myself it would end up being my full time job! :P.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk