BESIEGED: Or, How to Get Out of a Castle.....

Started by Baron, Sat 29/11/2008 04:51:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Hey, thanks for the comments:

Regarding Retry/Undo: it's featured in my other games, but I haven't seen it elsewhere yet.

Regarding Bug Report: Thanks!  I'm working on a new version fixing a variety of dead interactions, so I'll be sure to fix that before releasing.  I'll get it up in a day or two.

Baron

yarooze

Quote from: Baron on Sun 21/12/2008 18:22:46Regarding Retry/Undo: it's featured in my other games, but I haven't seen it elsewhere yet.
I'm sharing this point of view. I think the "dead" ends are not good. ;)

The player must have the possibility to retry some stupid action. If not, he will not even try them and miss the cool stuff that we prepared for him.

So there was no fight about, if we use undo function or not.  :)

I used this undo function in my necroquest to.
My Blog

Baron

Alright, new version 1.03 is up fixing all identified bugs. 

And I had forgotten that Yarooze's Necroquest had the undo too  ::).  Basically the philosophy is that saving should only be necessary if you're going to leave the game half-played to do something else.  The whole idea of needing to save at every instant "just in case" introduces a needless anxiety to the gaming experience, in my opinion.  Some would say it makes the danger seem more "real", because there is a real consequence to dying, but I think that's a minority opinion these days.  As a game-maker, I have the most fun creating diabolical and fun ways for the player to meet his/her demise, so why would I punish you for exploring them?

Anyhoo, happy C-day to all.  If anyone is burning a copy of B:OHTGOOAC....WBC to put under the tree for a friend, I want to hear about it!

Baron

Ionias

Fun little game, I enjoyed it, but then I'm partial to toilet humor, haha.

Dualnames

Well, first of all I did enjoy this. Less than I hoped for. I'm not the -i love the poop jokes man-, though I did get a good laugh at some times. Cograts people.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

matt

what?

Mordalles

really enjoyed the game. great dialog, nice graphics, logical puzzles and some great music. thanks.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

yarooze

BUMP!

The Greates Dung Shoveler ever goes 3d!  8)

He is about 4cm high. Made of FIMO and Green Stuff. Painted with acryllic paints.

Are we cool or what?  8) ;D

Besieged Team
My Blog

Igor Hardy

Woah, this looks excellent!

So it's a hat on his head. I thought it was the classic public servant haircut.

kaputtnik

Hey, I was absolutely sure of that, too! This can't possibly be a hat, this haircut gave the dung shoveler so much personality...

Other than that, fantastic work - just like on your NecroQuest figurines.
I, object.

yarooze

Actually I don't know if this is his hair or hat...   :-[

Baron designed the character and I didn't ask him, what that really is. I studied the sprite lists and thought, this is a hat.    :'(

If not let's think, that he also has a hat, but didn't put it on in the game...  ;)

This is usually quite difficult to make a game character without altering him to much. But it also makes fun.  :=
My Blog

Baron

Ha!  You know, with these low res graphics it's whatever you imagine it to be.  I personally thought it was hair when I designed it, but now that I re-examine my inspiration (Henry V of England) I'm not entirely sure either:

It's probably hair or a hat, although there's an outside chance it is some sort of space brain slug a la Futurama. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk