MODULE: Underwater v1.1

Started by Kweepa, Wed 19/08/2009 06:13:55

Previous topic - Next topic

The creature

Does anyone still have this module still? The link appears to be dead and it would be really handy for something I've been working on :(

Privateer Puddin'

The creature

I know this is an old module and probably not supported now but I have an issue. I'm using the Draw Behind so the it also puts the water effect on characters and objects. But having done that, I've found you can no longer click on items and objects (obviously).

Is there a way to set mouse clicks to pass through/ignore a walkbhind layer? I'm not sure there is but I thought I'd fire out the question.

Kweepa

I don't think you can do that easily.
I think the best option would be to modify the script to make FakeScreen write to a DynamicSprite and have the Underwater module modify that sprite and stick it on a non-clickable full screen GUI.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

eri0o

You can also draw on a graphic overlay

bx83

I'm using a game with 1366x768 (widescreen) backgrounds, and it's 32it colour.
When I use this module, the player and other on-screen objects show no change, and the background begins to sway wildly getting more and more distorted.
What am I doing wrong?

SOLVED: I was using the wrong resolution. Mine are 1366 wide, so lines 34/35/50/51 in module are all using 683.0 (half of 1366), not 160.0 (half of 320, the very small size).

eg:
Underwater.asc:

Code: ags
float get_gradient_y(int xi, int yi)
{
  float x = IntToFloat(xi)/683.0 - 1.0;
  float y = IntToFloat(yi)/683.0 - 1.0;

float dy = 0.0;
  int i = 0;
  while (i < 5)
  {
    dy += b[i]*t*Maths.Cos(a[i]*t*x + b[i]*t*y + c[i]);
    i++;
  }

return dy;
}

bx83

It's me again.
I'm using AGS 3.5.0.31 (p9)
Have Underwater working; Fakescreen not working.
I have an animated object which will not distort as the background is doing with Underwater.
No matter the combinations of src/dest backgrounds, or my baseline (=0 seems to work best), it will won't work - object remains undistorted.
I have background 0 (main), background 1 (copy of bg0, working space), and a spare bakcground 2 (used for something else, plain white image on it).
I also have a walkbehind on background 0, if this is significant.
Also: Underwater is above Fakscreen in the script list (though I doubt this matters).

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong with Fakescreen that I'm not with Underwater?

The creature

I would have loved to use this module in my game as it's mostly set under water, From my tests with it it looked great...but as you have described, I ran into the same issues that the module doesn't support. There were a few ideas on how to fix this but they were beyond my coding abilities at the moment.

But if this gets resolved I'll be all over this module. I certainly keep an eye on this thread in the case that someone tweaks the module code to work with interactive/animated room objects.

Monsieur OUXX

eErio what are you waiting for? Use your coding magic to rewrite this module from the ground up in AGS 3.5  ;)

eri0o

I don't remember if I did it or not, can you try the version here: https://ericoporto.github.io/agsModuleList/ ?

Rik_Vargard

Wow this is so impressive!!  8-0

glurex

Is there a way to activate the effect only in one specific moment (cut scene) and then disable it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk