MAGS September(Winner Announced) Topic: Only One

Started by Dualnames, Tue 01/09/2009 08:22:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Helme

Here is my entry:
Minor Minion

Our hero is one of hundreds of evil minions living happiliy... erm... evily with their evil lord doing evil things.
But one day everything changes and he is the only one left.

P.S.: This time my proof reader wasn't eaten by a spider ;-)

Dualnames

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 21/09/2009 23:39:10
Hmm... there's a chance I have a backup plan. I want to try it, let's see if I can make a game in 5 days, heh.
By the way, when exactly the deadline is? is it 00:00 between 24th and 25th ,or 23:59 25th, or else? ;)

Gaming entries must be there before it turns into 25th. A couple of hours before I post are allowed.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Leon

Playing Minor Minion, I'm stuck....

Spoiler
I want to create a doll for the princess...
When using the skull with the glove it tells me that the princess wants a red dress  (she didn't tell me that, but ok...). Then when I use the glove with Gaxtur it says: I could stain it but I don't know why I should do that.... |-) How do I make that doll? Or better, do I need to? What does the princess want?.

Furthermore, there's a hexagon in the drawer in the basement. Where can I learn more about it or should I just try & error my way through?
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Helme

Spoiler
Congratulation, you have found a bug! You don't have the information, that the princess wants a doll, but you got a hint, that you should not find yet. You can't finish the doll, before you have the information to create one.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you talked to the landlord, yet? (The hole at the right side in the gargoyle room)
We gives you a hint how to use the pentagram
[close]

Leon

I can't even count to 5...  :-[
Nicely done, that Lease...  :)
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Crimson Wizard

Allright... I am on the homestretch, I hope I'll finish it tomorrow (well, tomorrow is today already for me ;) ) and post somewhere around 23:59 24th... just don't close the competition without me, okay?  ;D

SomeSickSelf

Well, I haven't had a proper internet connection for a while now, but I wanted to say that I've been working on an entry which will hopefully get done in time, and with some luck I'll be connected and able to post it before the competition closes.

So I guess I'm just announcing my intention to enter, and apologizing for showing up so late for the party.  Don't wait up for me, finally releasing a game after aimlessly poking around at AGS for so long will be reward enough.

If I missed a rule somewhere and should have posted here sooner, just disregard this.

DrWhite

Sadly, I won´t get my entry done ... had some unexpected "real work" :P to do.
I´m sorry about that, because I liked the idea: Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez searching for the

One Chord to find them, to bring them all to concerts and in darkness bind them .... well, something like that.

Well, guess it wasn´t supposed to be, maybe I´ll finish it later. Good luck to the others.

Dualnames

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 23/09/2009 22:49:56
Allright... I am on the homestretch, I hope I'll finish it tomorrow (well, tomorrow is today already for me ;) ) and post somewhere around 23:59 24th... just don't close the competition without me, okay?  ;D

I'm going to wait no worries. You post here when you're done. Even if its barely 25th..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Tijne

I'll enter something last-second as well.  -- Confirmation. :x
11 hours and 43 minutes from this post. :x

.. (And don't expect anything of it.  I'm not even going to vote for myself.. xD)

Crimson Wizard

I have a very serious question: is it permitted to use Default template resources, like icon graphics?
I am still afraid I won't finish everything necessary in time, that's it.   :-\

Tijne

Ardent Fever (~4.58MB)

A stow-away on a spaceship is tasked with saving the ship, the crew, and himself as a one of a kind sickness plagues the majority of the crew...

And uhh.. I don't know if this is allowed, but this is my pre-entry. xD...
I'm going to bed, and I'm not sure if I'll wake up before or after the competition ends. @_@;  If I wake up before, then I really would like to use any time I scrouge up to fix bugs / add anything extra things that I'm far too tired to do.. and if I wake up after, then this is.. an at least playable entry. :D..

And if that isn't allowed then.. again.. it's at least playable! ^^;;.. [I hope.....]

The competition ends in approx 9 hours from me posting this, so I believe.  If I make it in time and this is allowed, I'll just edit this part out and update the link at the beginning of the post. ^^;..

EDIT:  Didn't make it. XD

Dualnames

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 24/09/2009 11:18:08
I have a very serious question: is it permitted to use Default template resources, like icon graphics?
I am still afraid I won't finish everything necessary in time, that's it.   :-\

It is.

BTW, when did you show up Tijne!? Both entries added on the MAGS site btw..waiting for Crimson.

Crimson Wizard

Okay, I need maybe hour or so to finish playtesting/fixing, then I'll pack everything up and post here.......

EDIT: 15 minutes to make screenshots and upload archive! :)

Crimson Wizard

Yay, pheeeeeewww! I can't believe this, but I finished my crappy game..  :P

The Deed
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ohm12xt1oko/TheDeed.zip
(~10.7 MB; mostly because of digital music...)

In this game you are playing a young brave knight, who was sent on a
quest to retrieve a magick flower from a faraway place. In fact, his
travel is left behind the curtains, and gameplay starts when he
arrives to his destination. All he needs is to pick up the flower.
But it appears to be not so easy...
Although game is very short, it features 2 endings. First is quite
obvious, second will require solving additional puzzles. Let's see if
you can get both.

Screenshots:

SomeSickSelf

*huff*puff*pant*etc* Finally finished my game.  Did I make the deadline?  I have no idea which time zone where going by.

The North Crown

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5ed75ffb552e03d61f8e0fff488e27e0e04e75f6e8ebb871 <- Original Version

http://www.mediafire.com/?qgzwtyy2nhr <- Fixed version (to be removed at the request of Dualnames or the mods)

EDIT: Had a bug. Fixed thanks to Tijne.  I'm not sure what the rules are for this sort of thing so I posted the fixed version separately since its well past the deadline now.

I kind of hate the way it came out.  I knew I should have made a funny game.

I would also like to apologize for the terrible animation in the game's final sequence, and the inconsistency in the quality of writing.

Enjoy.

Story:

You play as Michael, a fairly average young man in his mid-20s, who, while walking to the train station one morning is confronted by a mysterious demonic entity.
Guide Michael through his battle with the devil, aided by a one of a kind arcane relic that defies conventional description (and is based off a stupid optical illusion I saw in my psychology text book :P).

Screenshots:

Edited by mod: Fixed the images. You have to copy the "direct" links for the images.

Tijne

I'm 'pretty' sure we go by Dual's timezone, which is currently 3:44AM, so a few hours too late....

But- anytime before he posts closing the competition is good.  So, I'd say you made it. :D

SomeSickSelf

Quote from: Tijne on Fri 25/09/2009 01:45:36
I'm 'pretty' sure we go by Dual's timezone, which is currently 3:44AM, so a few hours too late....

I was afraid of that.  Man, its only 8:51PM here...  He did say anytime before he posts though, so I'm confidant I made it.

Tijne

SomeSickSelf --

Your download link has two different files, which one is it? @_@;
And your screenshots don't seem to work for me. =[

I guess I'll just pick one and hope it's it. XD

SomeSickSelf

Tijne-

Sorry, I'm fairly new to this.  The files are mostly identical its just that I forgot to turn debug mode off the first time.  Should be fixed now though.

I don't know what's wrong with my screenshots, but I'm not seeing them either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk