Sprite Jam - Ends the 27th

Started by loominous, Wed 16/09/2009 23:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

loominous

SPIES

Anything from a suave agent to a kid gathering intel on his neighbor.

Restrictions:

Lo-res: 8 colours, 40x40
Hi-res: 8 colours *, 400x400
(* Excluding anti-aliasing and shading.)

If you go hi-res, please make sure that the sprite is reasonably easy to animate.

Good luck, and hope you have fun!
Looking for a writer

Gazzo

Here's my entry, made it kinda fast, and it looks more like a gangster XD well then XD he's trying to reach and grab something under his coat.

8 colors (with transparent color)

(*---\- \ Adolfo Gazzo / -/---*)

Khris

Solid Snake

Edit: V hehe, nice

Wyz

Liquid Snake ;)

Sorry I couldn't resist. If somebody is offended I will remove it.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Wyz on Fri 18/09/2009 16:55:46

Liquid Snake ;)
Now will somebody come with Gaseous Snake?  ::)

Scarab

Agent Hans Markovnikov: Master of Disguise

Left to right: Markovnikov in his work clothes, Schoolboy, Nun, Golfer, Nurse, Batman, Flamboyant Latin Dance Instructor, Red Power Ranger, Ninja, Wally/Waldo, Pokemon Master!

8 Colours plus background

Look out, villains of the world!

ps. Oh, and the reason he seems to be coloured like a Simpsons character is because, as an added challenge, I made these sprites only with 8 colours out of the default pallette for paint.

Intense Degree

Gaseous snake - in a bell jar!

x4

Able to get to places others cannot go but ultimately foiled by a breath of wind!

ravenfusion

Scarab117: Good thing Vista's Paint has a nice palette. ;)

Here's my entry:

SpitBoots. They called him SpitBoots because that's his name.

He's an ex-spy type from the 19th century. Taught Pinkerton everything he knew. He also thought Wagner was a terrible musician, frequently booing him out of the Salty Saloon. He'd still be a spy if he wasn't caught smuggling sheep and booze across the border... He thought cardboard boxes were terrible disguises.

Misj'

From 1568 to 1648 the 80-year war between the Dutch and the Spanish raged (which was of course all due to those evil Spanish people). Despite the bravery of the Dutch people, there was one name that send shivers down the spine of the Dutch resistance: The Don; the most fearsome of the Spanish Spies. While The Don started out as a Spanish spy, he eventually saw the light and flipped sides. Working for the Dutch he played an important role in ending the war (with the Spanish retreating). This is a faithful historical narrative of these events...really ;)

Concept drawing:

Final Sprites (with black or coloured outlines...the latter of which technically brakes the colour-rule of this Jam (plus I personally prefer the black outlines)). Colours (including black outlines): 8. Size: ~130x149 pixels.

The style and subject is influenced by Hanco Kolk's Gilles de Geus, which takes place during the 80-year war as well (I've referenced his work before).

Crimson Wizard

Oh, well.... here's my entry.
It is Nanospy.

Used 8 colours. Maybe a little bit hard too see... it is about 1/32 of pixel in size.

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Crimson Wizard

Heh, sorry for doing that, ;) actually I wanted to draw a real entry, but was too busy with MAGS competition, so I lost all enthusiasm for others...

Calin Leafshade

I decided to enter this sprite jam... im not why i felt i should inflict that shit upon you but here we are.

In the year 2349, cyborg, men-in-black, style spies were introduced by the new jewish-islamic coalition for the freedom of mankind (JICFOM) to fight the evils of mutated processed cheese.

Nacho

Quote from: Scarab117 on Tue 22/09/2009 14:30:09

Left to right: Markovnikov in his work clothes, Schoolboy, Nun, Golfer, Nurse, Batman, Flamboyant Latin Dance Instructor, Red Power Ranger, Ninja, Wally/Waldo, Pokemon Master!

8 Colours plus background

Look out, villains of the world!

ps. Oh, and the reason he seems to be coloured like a Simpsons character is because, as an added challenge, I made these sprites only with 8 colours out of the default pallette for paint.

They look like Legos... That's sooooo cool! :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Scarab117 on Tue 22/09/2009 14:30:09

Interesting thing is, that in russian language "Morkov" (or you may say "Markov") means "carrot", and people say if you eat too many carrot your skin may become yellowish because of carotine. :p

NsMn

Looks like "carrot" will become some kind of running gag in the sprite jam  ;)

Crimson Wizard

Allright, here's my real entry.

It is the most successful communistic spy with Cossack origins, The Mushroom. Who would ever suspect a mushroom?

(8 colours + transparency)

And simply for fun...

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Surely you remember the superhero spies of the 1950's.  You don't?  Well then, let me tell you about one of the most successful of them all!

Constructed entirely from specially engineered blocks powered with Tesla (tm) technology, The Red Bloc was able to, at will, disassemble into a pile of harmless-looking blocks of any color or size, allowing him to easily infiltrate American soil and finally the White House as a pallet of bricks meant to reinforce the aging building's foundation.  For years the Red Block listened in on Presidential conferences, occasionally sending part of himself back to Mother Russia with key information, though it was through these occasional 'separations' that eventually caught the notice of GI Termite, who ferreted out the Red Bloc's position and defeated him with the help of his termite-controlling powers, sectioning Red Bloc into pieces and scattering them into various termite holes and dens across the continental United States.

Powers:  The Red Bloc could, at will, assemble, disassemble or reconfigure himself into a series of 'building blocks' that could be any shape and size, easily allowing him to, for example, resemble a brick wall.  He also possessed enhanced strength due to the strange nature of the material used in his creation as well as limited electromagnetism.

Weaknesses:  Beyond a certain distance threshold the Red Bloc loses the ability to 'pull' himself together and requires outside assistance to re-assemble.  This led to his eventual defeat by GI Termite.  He is also moderately susceptible to seismic and sonic waves, which disrupt his ability to maintain a solid form.

Crimson Wizard

Haha, ProgZmax, you should've, perhaps, add the story, how Alexey Pajitnov used declassified Red Bloc's parts to create first version of Tetris  ;D

loominous

Okie dokie.

Harvesting the awesome power of wolframalpha's randomizer function, ProgZmax, has been ordained to be the next host.

Great bunch of entries everyone!
Looking for a writer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk