DuzzQuest2

Started by Duzz, Thu 08/10/2009 03:31:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Duzz

DuzzQuest2

New Adventure. New Facial Hair.  Same Duzz.

Feel the adventuring wind in your hair. Feel your adventuring blood, pumping through your veins. Put down that plastic rockband guitar, grab some sort of plastic beard or something and clean out your inventory. You are a professional adventurer. You are a hero. You are me.

Step into the shoes of famous adventurer, me (Duzz), and into the bare feet of my co-adventurer Tim, as we venture across the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, seeking truth, enlightenment, pancakes and an end to the sinister machinations of Dark Fool's evil twin.

The game based on my latest adventures is here.  

Don't believe me?

Watch the trailer.

Still don't believe me?

Download it now!

Features:
- Sequel to the critically acclaimed DuzzQuest: An egotistic adventure.
- Multiple player characters.
- Longer than the original.
- Real time inventory item change.
- Original music by Mr Clean (mostly).
- Wider than the original.
- Super Deformed!
- Breathtaking graphics, built upon latest 1.3 megapixel digital camera technology!
- More outrageous inventory items than ever before. Panpipes! Bam! Blew your mind!
- Higher than the original.
- Me!
- Explore 8 exotic locales, spanning 28 stunning playable areas.
- Skippable cutscenes.
- 20 fully realized and deeply developed characters.
- Join and play simultaneously with other players worldwide. Share your experiences afterward by some sort of pen pal arrangement.
- Based on real events.
- More original than the original.
- Adventure!
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

xenogia

been waiting years for this :)

deadsuperhero

Props to you for getting this released. I loved Duzz Quest, and am downloading your new one with high expectations.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Alla

My God-screen is so small-cant read text even in my glsses !
Game looks nice but..there is no WT -as promised )

arj0n

@Alla:
Screen is to small? Screen of the game or the screens in the first post ???
And this game isn't that hard to solve without a WT... ;)

Alla

Screen of the Game-seems i did everything -but still i m in the room-perhaps i miss something-i cant see well !
everything is tiny sizeed )

arj0n

Try to run the screen resolution of your PC at 1280x1024.

Use these settings for duzzquest by running "Config" from the DuzzQuest2 entry in your windows start menu:

-Activate "Run in a window instead of full screen"
-Graphics driver: DirectDraw 5
-graphics filter: 2x nearest-neighbour filter.
-Smooth scaled sprites [this is an optional setting not necessary]

Then it will run almost like a fullscreen... ;)

Leon

WT almost done...  :D
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

CaptainD

Can run it in fullscreen fine in Vista by setting it to use Direct3D 9 (albeit only in 640x480).  Run the config.exe as an Administrator or it doesn't stick though.

Alla

~~~Direct3D 9 (albeit only in 640x480
~~Config" from the DuzzQuest2 entry in your windows start menu:
~~Graphics driver: DirectDraw 5
~~-graphics filter: 2x nearest-neighbour filter.
~~-Smooth scaled sprites [this is an optional setting not necessary]
Guys..all above is dark forest to me ) :o
Even if i configure it after hours trying..i will never return sistem back to normal..i will simply forget wat i did ) No..no way.. ??? ???
Thanks..you v been very kind to advise..i really thankfull to all of you..but i can t do this.. :-[
Respect,.

CaptainD

Quote from: Alla on Sat 10/10/2009 21:48:21
~~~Direct3D 9 (albeit only in 640x480
~~Config" from the DuzzQuest2 entry in your windows start menu:
~~Graphics driver: DirectDraw 5
~~-graphics filter: 2x nearest-neighbour filter.
~~-Smooth scaled sprites [this is an optional setting not necessary]
Guys..all above is dark forest to me ) :o
Even if i configure it after hours trying..i will never return sistem back to normal..i will simply forget wat i did ) No..no way.. ??? ???
Thanks..you v been very kind to advise..i really thankfull to all of you..but i can t do this.. :-[
Respect,.

One last try... have you tried simply unticking the "Run in a window instead of full-screen" at the top left of the config box, then pressing Save & Run?

Alla

Thanks a lot.. thats the wat to go ) i did it !! :)

CaptainD

Quote from: Alla on Sun 11/10/2009 15:08:45

Glad to help!  Enjoy the game.

Duzz - the shooter sequence had me puzzled for a little while, as did the giant robot... another very entertaining game, thanks!  ;D

Duzz

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 11/10/2009 19:23:12
Duzz - the shooter sequence had me puzzled for a little while, as did the giant robot... another very entertaining game, thanks!  ;D
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Quote from: Alla on Sun 11/10/2009 15:08:45

Good you got it working in the end.

I've put up a DuzzQuest2 Walkthrough now too.  I split it into objectives and tried to make it non-spoilery, if you want a full walkthough there's already a one at http://gamesolutions.efzeven.nl (someone works fast :D)

There's also a secret alternate ending that I don't think anyone has found yet.  I'll see if anyone can find it before I add it to my walkthrough.  There's only a small window of opportunity to get to it, near at the end of the game.
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

deadsuperhero

Just finished it, though now I have to search for the said alternate ending.

Spoiler
I love it when they all burst out in song and dance.
[close]

EDIT: Found it!

Spoiler
There's a giant box of bicarb where you meet Fool's Evil Twin. Take the bi-carb back home, ignore the volcano, and give the bi-carb to...Duzz's wife? Girlfriend? I don't know, but give it to her. Then Duzz gets pancakes!
[close]
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Duzz

Sweet!  Well done :=

bluber2009

Love it a lot. Thx you for some funny hours.  Hope you can bring in some of your crazy ideas in the commercial games you are on.

Wesray

Played Duzz Quest 1 & 2 for the first time and totally loved both of them! Great job! So weird and funny.

Will there be a speech pack for Duzz Quest 2? Will there be a Duzz Quest 3?? I need mooore! ;)
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

xenogia

I waited years for this release, and it definetly was worth the wait.  Your game design skills are great Duzz, maybe the company you work for should release a commercial Duzz Quest game.. hehe..

Erenoth02

Hey great that you finally put up another one :), ive been waiting so long for it, i loved the original duzz quest, lol i started it and i couldnt stop playing had to finish it, definatly a great memory, thx for bringing us another one, i couldnt stop laughing in the original it was great im gunna have to replay it, I vizited australia after playing this and had a wonderfull time there, im definatly planning a move there one day.

Honestly Duzz quest is one of my favorite AGS memories one of my first, cant say its the top one sadly that goes to 5 days a strager, admittingly im deeply into the horror and supernatural edge of things i adore anything in the genre

Goldfish

Hey Duzz if I'm not around here next week Happy Australia Day!

And the game is fricking awesome! :)

Duzz

Thanks everyone, and happy australia day for tomorrow!

I did want to do a voice pack for DQ2, I'd recorded a few people's lines, some really good stuff too.  Unfortunately after the 4+ years it took me to get it finished quite a few of the characters have moved overseas, and I don't really see others anymore, so it'd be no small task to organise it.  Also probably the only reason I finally got it finished is because the company I was working for went under (recession proof industry my arse)  and I had a couple of months without work.  Now I've got another job (at the much more reputable firemint) so I don't have the spare time again.   :'(

LRH

Played through it, had a lot of fun! Not much else to say really. Well worthy of its 4 cups.

Great work on this one  ;)

Ubel

It took me a while but I played through this masterpiece in one sitting. It was so much fun I couldn't take a break from it! I played the first game before this one and the leap in quality is HUGE! The interface and gameplay were top notch and the dialogue & story were excellent and funny. There were some really inventive puzzles there too. Really good job with this one, hoping to see even more games from you in the future!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk