MAGS November: Breaking In (Winner announced!)

Started by Dualnames, Sun 01/11/2009 08:18:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarab

Aw what the hell, I'm going for it!

(the irony is I'm postponing a game about breaking in to make another game about breaking in.)

Rocco

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 12/11/2009 17:55:34
Hey,

I've decided to give this a try too. And Rocco, I'm using one of your modules - so at least there's a little team spirit outside the games ;D

Im glad to hear, that the moduls are usefull somehow.  :D
but i unfortunatly guess, that i cant come up with something until 25th november.
i discovered this thread too late, and had no time this weekend to work on the game,
so time is running out for me.  :-\

abstauber

Regarding the deadling:
until 25th means 24th, 23:59?

Dualnames

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 19/11/2009 15:22:40
Regarding the deadling:
until 25th means 24th, 23:59?

Yep. Or to be precise it's around 25th 8 to 10 o'Clock. It's when I go to work so it's usually when I close the competition.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DrWhite

Hm, I don´t know if I can finish my entry till wednesday, and also I´ll certainly be offline till thursday morning. So, would it be ok to get an extra day or two?

Dualnames

Quote from: DrWhite on Mon 23/11/2009 00:38:23
Hm, I don´t know if I can finish my entry till wednesday, and also I´ll certainly be offline till thursday morning. So, would it be ok to get an extra day or two?

It can't always be October peeps. Perhaps one more day if it's okay with all of you.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Bulbapuck

It's very, VEEERRRYYYYY okay with me!!! In fact, I was thinking about suggesting it myself. :)

abstauber

Phew ;D

So it's wendsday 23:59 GMT+0 ?

(and of course it's okay with me)

Dualnames

Quote from: abstauber on Mon 23/11/2009 07:51:42
Phew ;D

So it's wendsday 23:59 GMT+0 ?

(and of course it's okay with me)

Okay peeps one more day..

Crimson Wizard

And I am not doing anything this time, sorry Babar  :=

I mean, I will just sit and watch how you struggle to beat each other, mwahaha

DrWhite

So, heres my entry ... I hope mostly bug-free.

The game is called Alpha Dog. Its about four friends: Frank, Stanley, Mike and Dog - they are the pets of Billie. One day, just when Billie is away at a school-trip, the evil dog catcher Ivan catches Mike. So the other three friends have to rescue him.

Game page: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1240
Download link: http://www.box.net/shared/fx91j2oa80

... and thanks to Helme for giving me lots of coding-advice.

OneDollar

Robbing the Princess

Alec and Suzy have tracked a stolen cargo crate to the dock, but it looks like it's already been stowed onboard a ship called The Princess. Playing as both characters you'll need to help them find a way onboard and into the hold.

This is the first MAGS I've done since becoming full time (I was a student supposed to be revising for exams with my first, and only worked three days a week for the other two) and I really noticed the lack of time. I've done much less testing and polishing than I wanted to, and there's a few areas I'd like to have done differently but the game is finished, it's on time and hopefully it's bug-free. I hope you enjoy!

abstauber

Finally, here's my entry:

A E R O N U T S

THE BARON STRUCK AGAIN!!!
As every Friday, Elfie Mac Millen wants to visit her dad at the military base where he is working as a scientist on a covert mission.
Unfortunately, the Army is not the only one interested in Mac Millen's brain power … Baron Borisov, always mean and greeding for power, doesn't hesitate to get him under his thumb. So he and his henchmen hijacked Elfie's father and brought him to his secret sea fortress.
But Elfie sticks to her guns and tries to find her dad... with your help!

Screenshots:

Get it, while it's hot:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1238

Bulbapuck

THE HUNT FOR GOLDBEARD

A small game made by me (Who did whatever),
Brentimous (Character art and animation, story help),
and cat (Background art and story help).

Screenshots:

Download link:
http://shutupload.com/dl/1b94f393126d/

Download........... NOW!

Leon

Oh great! There goes my weekend...  :-\

@1$: When I tried to let Alec go through the doorway of the ship, he all of a sudden was at the top of the roof. He can't get down (too heavy & rusty) and can't get to the ship (Suzy already did). Bug? Case of game over & try again?
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Crimson Wizard

Very interesting entries, and abstauber's arcade/adventure looks like nuts! I'll check it first. :)

DrewCCU

im playing abstauber's game now ... been playing it for about the past hour ... i chose it first because it just looks/sounds pretty sweet ... and ... who am i kidding? i wrote the music for it (and did some of the sound effects) so i wanted to see my music in action ... lol.

but this game is pretty sweet ... i mean its challenging, funny and fun and leaves u wanting to know what happens next ...

abstauber you did a great job with this game. ... i found 1 or 2 glitches so far - nothing major:
on the first arcade sequence, when you die (and you probably will die ... i did like 5 times before i beat this part - lol ... okay who am i kidding? i died like 10-12 times)
anyway, when you die and you get the option to restart level or go back to main menu, if you choose restart level it crashes. which its not a huge deal cus i saved it right before i got to that part of the game so i just reloaded my saved game (2nd arcade sequence works fine as far as restarting the level)

AND - in the ship as the screen moves up and down slightly (which is a really nice effect btw) but anyway - as it moves up and down the room/screen gradually starts sliding down below the menus at the bottom ...

i didnt really encounter any other bugs that jumped out at me ... but good work man!

as far as everyone else's game goes ... i am going to play them too - but i don't think it would be fair for me to judge since i kind of helped with the AeroNuts game. But i will play and tell u how awesome they are!!!!
"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories."
-John Williams

Dualnames

Wonderful entries all!!So the voting starts! When the day turns from 29 to 30, I'll close the voting, so start doing it!

Voting (till the 29th):

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

The Hunt for Goldbeard by Bulbapuck
Robbing the Princess by OneDollar
Alpha Dog by DrWhite
Aeronuts by abstauber

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

abstauber

@DrewCCU
Thanks for the bug report! I've fixed the save game crash and carrier floating bug. And I always thought the arcade path is still too easy ;)

@Crimson
Yay :)

@everyone else
Very cool entries everyone! I'll post more as soon as I come to play you games.

kaputtnik

Fantastic entries! Also shows the potential of the community, I love how Babar's "team effort" challenge has really inspired some new people to team up.
I, object.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk