[Open Source] AeroNuts v1.2 - now in español!

Started by abstauber, Thu 26/11/2009 08:26:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor6

*Comments effected by blood-alcohol*

In short:-
An excellent combination of genres with lovely characterization.

Long version:-
Each update has steadily polished the original concept, even if I did love it for its original faults.  The recent improvements to the arcade section ironed out the major (ten thumbed) bugbears. There's wonderful room for expansion, turn the clock back 10 years or so and this would've been the kind of shareware demo that would've encouraged me to break out my credit card for the full version.

but....1995? 1942 was ported to 8-bit if my memory hasn't faded.

Any chance of an extended version Astauber?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Wunderbar!  I will download this new version immediately!

Edit:  The arcade mode now works quite smoothly.  Good work.

Kweepa

Ah yes, much better with pixel perfect collisions! (And less commas!)
I still can't believe how polished this is. The scene in the battleship drifting up and down slowly is genius.
New score for me 123900.

Thanks again,
Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

abstauber

@Victor
but....1995? 1942 was ported to 8-bit if my memory hasn't faded.
Yup, but didn't have cutscenes at all, just a (nice) pixelart endscreen for each stage. So I was referring to the cutscenes, starting to appear on the arcades in the beginning 90s, and later being ported to the home consoles.
But to be honest, I didn't do much research before I wrote this punchline ;)

QuoteAny chance of an extended version Abstauber?
Umm.. never say never again :D But I've neglected my other project way long for this game.
Although it would be fun to extend the game with a stage or two...  ::)

@ProgZmax
Cool  8)
It's really incredible, how much you have to polish an action mode until it is finally fun.
(now just somebody has to tell the rating panel :D ... of course not for the cup-score, that is already amazing)

@Steve
Yay, you're on the second place now!
Although you could triple that score in the arcade mode ;)
QuoteThe scene in the battleship drifting up and down slowly is genius.
Hehe, thanks. Actually most of the movement is from AGS-Invaders :D

Lufia

That was a sweet little game. ^^

Bulbapuck

Finally had time to play this :D

Amazing game! Though I suck, and my score was below 50 000 ::)

ALPHATT

very cute. Downloading
/sig

Crimson Wizard

Ouch, finally I got my hands on this... sorry, had no time earlier.

I found a typo: when you observe a bench on the backyard, there's an unreadable character in the phrase "And the beautful, yet inescapable noise...".

When speaking with Stanley Elfie sometimes sais "what had happend"; shouldn't it be "happened"?

On flying level Borisov sais "turrents" once.

Ambient sound is really good. However, I don't quite get why are there sounds of aircrafts flying when you are in air carrier? I thought Borisov and his men already left at that point.

Anyway, good game, and graphics are pretty! I only wished adventure part was a little bit longer.

My score after finishing game on Hard level is 153600 :)
Proof screenshot ;D - http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/crimson_aeronuts_hiscore.png

EDIT: I tried Arcade only mode, but for some reason after 20 seconds or so game starts to lag terribly and sometimes completely freezes. And it looks like HDD is working all the time. I haven't met such behavior with any other AGS game before.

Jared

As a Raptor: Call of the Shadows fanboy from way back I plan to play the hell out of this. Dl'ing now.

abstauber

@Bulbapuck
Hehe, so the easy mode did it for you :)

@Crimson Wizard
Hey! Congrats on the new highscore  8)  I'm glad you liked it, since the stereotypes I used in the game aren't 100% political correct ;)
Also thanks for the typos, I hope I get them fixed today or tomorrow (since I don't have any new content to offer, I just do it silently)
About your performance problems: I've tested the game on a very old computer (celeron 1000 ghz) and have manged to finish it there. Can you give me some more details on your machine? (OS, processor etc) Does it happen all the time? Have you tried DX5?

@Jared
Don't forget to post your score :D

Mordalles

really great game. enjoyed the action sequences, and the adventure sections had some really logical puzzles and fun dialogs.  The backgrounds and sprites were super.  ;)
and the background sound on the ship creaking was really great.
oh, i played it on a celeron 800(ghz? very old) , and it worked perfectly.
my score was 133900.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

abstauber

Quoteoh, i played it on a celeron 800(ghz? very old) , and it worked perfectly.
Great to hear, also the arcade mode? There's a much shorter spawn time there...
But first of all congrats on the second place in the highscore and thanks for your feedback :)

btw. Merry Christmas folks! :D

discordance

I'm addicted to the arcade mode now. It's threatening to destroy my life.  ;) High score of 259000. Ish.

moshboy

Really enjoyed what I played of this. Nice hybrid game and challenging puzzles.

Danman

Good game abstauber  :D   .I like how you did the old retro style feel. The scripting for it must be scary to look at too. I completed the game once through the story mode and my high score was 157600 on hard.

Proof: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1d68998083.png

I don't know if that is good enough proof?

Update: OK now I have played on arcade mode now. And my highscore is 299200  :o  :-X

Proof: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f8f1a45bd5.png

This game reminded me how much I miss old arcade games like Raptor.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Danman on Mon 28/12/2009 18:25:09I completed the game once through the story mode and my high score was 157600 on hard.

Proof: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1d68998083.png

I don't know if that is good enough proof?
Arg, Danman, you beat me :P
As for proof, lots of people around just told their high score without giving any proof. You can think everyone 's a gentleman here  ;D

Danman

Sorry Crimson Wizard  I couldn't resist downloading this game just to beat your high score  :P  ;D .

abstauber

Great Highscores everyone! I'm glad that some of you have finally discovered the arcade mode :)

It's also really really cool that this game is still being played, even after one month of its release ;D

As for the proofs - since you won't win anything, I simply rely on the people's respectability.
Although screenshots are nice indeed ;)

Matti

Quote from: abstauber on Mon 28/12/2009 20:51:42
It's also really really cool that this game is still being played, even after one month of its release ;D

Yeah, I still have to play it too, and I will, in a few days. I started to play right after it was released but unfortunately couldn't load my saved game - I think that bug was mentioned in the MAGS thread. Well, since I didn't want to start all over I discontinued playing it, but now I got interested again.

Reporting back when I finished it  :)

DrWhite

I´m still not getting tired of playing this game. The new maneuvres you put in make the enemy planes a lot more tricky...
My new highscore is 505200.
Proof:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk