[Open Source] AeroNuts v1.2 - now in español!

Started by abstauber, Thu 26/11/2009 08:26:41

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

@DrWhite
Hey! You just beaten the internal developer highscore by more than 100000 points  :=
Congrats on that! Whenever I polish the arcade mode again, I shall add power ups and some chain bonus. I don't want to know for how long you've kept that boss alive for that score :D

@Mr Matti
Did it crash again or have already made some progress? ;)

DrWhite

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 05/01/2010 17:05:58
Hey! You just beaten the internal developer highscore by more than 100000 points  :=
Congrats on that! Whenever I polish the arcade mode again, I shall add power ups and some chain bonus. I don't want to know for how long you've kept that boss alive for that score :D

Cool! I´m really glad to hear you´ll continue working on that game. I´m shure it´s worth it - there aren´t many AGS-action games that have such an original acarde feeling.

Erenoth02

Is it just me or is there a bug in the beginning, i was trying to mix the water bomb with the mascara but it kept giving me i cant do that, eventually she finally mixed them after a few i cant do thats but i ended up checking the hints to find out thats what i needed to do, which is why i kept it up untill she finally mixed them, however i might have mixed them backwards and finally clicked the correct sequence ne way, it might b somting to look into

abstauber

Hi Erenoth,

which version are you using (you can see it in the readme.txt) ?

I just tried it in v1.1 and it worked both ways (Mascara->Waterbomb and Waterbomb->Mascara), but I remember that there has been a problem in older versions.

btw. you'll have much more fun in the arcade mode, playing the recent version ;)

@Dr.White

I've just realised that chains and powerups would need a complete new way of enemy spawning. If I limit the firepower from the beginning, it would get quite hard. For the next level of arcade feeling, I need to create enemy groups which attack in formations. Then I can give chain bonuses and or power ups.
But I'm afraid that won't happen too soon - of course if you want to make a low-res telespiel out of it, be my guest  ;)

I've just spotted this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgGOhfSW6tw

Somebody made a video covering the first arcade level. Nice, Slumlord27 :D

Igor Hardy

The mix of adventure and arcade levels works really great for me (I am a big fan of the underrated Insecticide), especially since the arcade sequences are very well done.

SuperDre

Just finished the game, and I loved it.. Love to see a bigger adventure with the same characters.. It really looked great, and the arcade part was also very fun (I love 1942 kinda games hehe..)...
thanx for creating such a marvelous little game.. keep up the great work..

Matti

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 05/01/2010 17:05:58
@Mr Matti
Did it crash again or have already made some progress? ;)

Yes, it did crash again after saving/loading right after the first arcade sequence. My laptop has a serious overheating problem (since quite a few month) and I haven't let it be repaired yet - that's why I can't play most games for too long.

Now I decided to play a little further before saving again but it crashed right after said sequence, without saving or doing anything else...  :'(

But since it's time to repair my laptop anyway I will play all the way through after it's done.

abstauber

@SuperDre
Thanks for your kind words :)

@Mr.Matti
What a bummer. Just in case want me to send you a savegame, you know where the PM button is ;)

I hope you'll get your machine fixed soon.

qptain Nemo

Well, I'm obviously super-late as usual, but I also want to express my utter amusement with Aero-Nuts. It is very charming and fun game of the kind which we should see more often. Congrats with winning the maggie and being nominated, you deserved it :)

m0ds

I had a wee go and it was good fun abstauber & team, thanks! Nicely made in every way. Though I never managed to land on the carrier before blowing up, so I can't say I've completed it yet  ;)

abstauber

While shamelessly bumping my old threads, I've decided to open source AeroNuts :)
Please excuse the messy MAGS code.

http://shatten.sonores.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AeroNuts_OSS.7z
Cheers!

Ghost

Awesome! I had a lot of fun with this little gem back in the days. Thanks for making it open source (nod)

amateurhour

Thank you for making this open source, and for bumping the thread, because I never played this so now I get the chance and so far it's pretty awesome!
Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

abstauber

Glad to hear that you like it so far :) Make sure to post your highscore, once you've finished it

abstauber

Hey, who had thought that I'd ever post a major update again 8-0
Thanks to cireja, you can now enjoy AeroNuts in Spanish! :D

The download links (both source and compiled) are in the first post.

AprilSkies

Thanks also from me for making this pearl open source! <3

Also.. Happy Birthday ^^

www.apemarina.altervista.org

abstauber

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 28/03/2015 09:07:02
Thanks also from me for making this pearl open source! <3
It's actually an honor to hear that you guys give the sources a go. (nod)

Also thanks for the birthday wishes :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk