Russian MAGS

Started by Sledgy, Fri 04/12/2009 13:33:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgy

Hi, there're just Russian AGS news about "Russian Meet for AGS" like newspaper or smth like it.

Of course, I'm not good English-speaker, so sorry.

Also in this topic I'll be talking about games from Russian authors, because they're humble, but I'm not.

ALL RUSSIAN GAMES' LIST

4 Days a Detective (DEMO) [RUS ONLY]
An Ordinary Day (DEMO) [RUS ONLY]
Base 6-12 [RUS ONLY]
Chewbacca Quest (-1- -2- -3- -4-) [RUS ONLY]
Darkness 1 [RUS ONLY]
Deeds and Death (DEMO) (-1- -2-) [RUS ONLY]
EasyStyle #1 [RUS ONLY]
FBI Quest
Guyver Quest I: Sho Adventures
Guyver Quest 2: Cronos
Instute Adventures [RUS ONLY]
Johnny Cage. Protege [RUS ONLY]
Kennedy (DEMO) [RUS ONLY]
King's Quest: Flying [RUS ONLY]
Koschei the Immortal: The beginning
Legend of Rovendale 1 [RUS ONLY]
ManjackQ [RUS ONLY]
Metro: Mystery of Black Corridor (-1- -2-) [RUS ONLY]
Normal Day [RUS ONLY]
Random Game 1 [RUS ONLY]
Revolutionary Quest (-1- -2- -3-) [RUS ONLY]
Robo Quest (-1- -2- -3- -4-) [RUS ONLY]
Secret Words (#1 #2 #3) [RUS ONLY]
Space Quest 5.5 (demo) [RUS ONLY]
Space Quest 12 (demo) + eng tra
Space Quest Contest [RUS ONLY]
Student Dream [RUS ONLY]
Students
The Desert (-1- -2-) [RUS ONLY]
Time is the Best Gift (-1- -2-)  [RUS ONLY]
Time Paradox (-1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6-) [RUS ONLY]
Time Quest 1
Time Quest 1.1
Time Quest 2
Trash Quest
Turtles in Time (-1- -2-)
Yoda

+ Many games from FSi, several from Endrew and 2-3 from Crimson Wizard (most of them in English in AGS archive)

Sledgy

Stupid Opera, I've missed all text I wrote.

So, it's not Month competition, but week-like with extension of date.

Rules:

1. No super-trash games
2. Winner create topic for next competition
3. Almost no rules

RuMAGS #1: Manjack in smb's house

Topicleader (creator of topic): Sledgy

Winner: Sledgy

Places:

1. ManjackQ (by Sledgy)

alas, it's only Ru (like etc rumags games)
download

Description: You're manjack in a flat. There's a cop behind door, so you must save yourself or smth like it)

2. Trash Quest (by Slash Vohaul)

almost without text, but it's really trash-game, but nice
download

Description: You're some guy in manjack house... My gosh! Blood, meat, etc. So, you wanna find bad guy and save yourself... Nice trash-game with 6 endlines.

3. SQHM (by Andrey)

[screen from SQ4]

no link, 'cause it's not game) it's empty trash.

RuMAGS #2: Star Wars Episode 7

Topicleader: Slash Vohaul ('cause I didn't wanna be topicleader every rumags ;))

Winner: Legato

Places:

1. Yoda (by Legato)

Nice game without text, just quest. Also you can download it from AGS-site.
download

Description: You're Yoda. And you're stucked because of big rock. So help yourself (yes, it's headline for all rumags games))

2. Chewbacca Quest (by Slash Vohaul)

It's mini-video with one interactive action, but it's not game. So pity.

download (parts): -1- -2- -3- -4-

Description: You're ... damn, it's not game. But maybe it's cool for superfans of SW (but in Russian, crap).

3. StarWarsVII (by Andrey)

[screen from SQ5...]

no link, 'cause - my go-o-o-od!!!! It IS not game, it's bullshit. Pardon, but it's really suxx. From this time I 'banned' such mega-trash-games.

RuMAGS #3: Koschei the Immortal / Robots (topics for choice)

Topicleader: Legato

Winner: Sledgy

Places:

1. Koschei the Immortal: The beginning (by Sledgy)

You almost needn't understand text
download

Description: You're Koshcei... For short it's story about transforming simple man to evil Russian (Slavic) bad guy, Immortal Koschei. It's char from Slavic tales. But in this game he's not evil, he's ex-warrior who was dropped in dungeon by traitors.

2. FBI Quest (by Slash Vohaul)

Yes, Slash is really good gamemaker ;) Also you don't need know Russian for game, just read description.
download

Description: You're FBI agent. And when you'd came back from WC, your partner was dead. It's all because of experiment with new robot (aka terminator). So, you think change yourself (masking to robot #2) for... saving your life, yes!

Nice game with one stuck in mid of quest. But it's for clever eyed guys.

Cursors change by right mouse click: red - walk, yellow - action. You can choose item from inventory at top by yellow cursor only.

3. Ivan vs. Koschei (demo) [GameMaker engine] (by TERNOX)

Erh, It's like experiment. One of rules is ... you can use no AGS soft. I know, it's strange, but sometimes any guys can create good quests in other engines and then they can learn AGS... or smth like it.

So, this game with bugs, but fun. Author is good guy with interesting ideas. And he'll strike back with AGS-game in RuMAGS #4.

[no shot, because it's not AGS game]

no link

Description: After talk with Baba Yaga hero Ivan went to find Koschei and kill him. But his ship is crushed on unknown land, so he must find a way to go to island Buyan (where Koschei lives). Little quest with several items interactions and one dialog with trader. Fun. But it's demo and there're some bugs.

4. Robo Quest (by salewa)

Micro-game in interesting atmosphere with cool music and 20 mb... My god! MICRO-quest and 20 MEGABYTES. It's like trash.

no link, 'cause it's trash microquest.

So that's all.

New RuMAGS #4 topic is Time paradox.

Topicleader: Sledgy, 'cause.

See ya in next news.

---

And there're all Russian AGS games and translates (incl. 'pirate' translates)

bicilotti

They look interesting, I'll give them a go!

Chicky

Your English isn't too bad but why do you call half the games Trash?  :P

More AGS games are always welcome.  :D

Realsalewa

; )
added 7 years

DrWhite

спасибo! I´d be happy to play some 'easy-russian' games. Even if they´re trashy.

FSi++

OH NO THE PAIN!!!

Can't really recommend anything except the Yoda one, which was surprisingly good and not looking like it was made by a twelve year old in a couple of hours.

Realsalewa

No need to recommend and advertise all garbage!
added 7 years

Czar

Quote from: Chicky on Sat 05/12/2009 11:33:17
Your English isn't too bad but why do you call half the games Trash?  :P

More AGS games are always welcome.  :D

We in Croatia also call a lot of things trash. We have disco trash nights, eurodance trash, rnb trash. You put trash so it wouldn't seem that you are "really" listening to the stuff, and then you can enjoy it freely.  :)
It's a part of our youth culture slang.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Realsalewa

In the hip-hop, many called their works shit or garbage ...
added 7 years

Realsalewa

-
added 7 years

Sledgy

So, thanks for interesting comments :))

RuMAGS #4: Time Paradox

1. Time is the best gift (by SamosWork)

download (rus lang only): -1- -2-

+solution (rus)

Description: You're guy who got strange present to birhtday from your strange grandpa. But you almost never see him - he's rare guest in your family. So you got post with clock and it's time machine. But you don't know how to use it. So old grandpa's friends librarier and clockmaster will help you. bla-bla-bla.

There're hard and interesting puzzles. Game like modern fable. Imho, it's the most wonderful Russian game in AGS :)

He's winner of RuMAGS #4.

2. Turtles in Time (by Sledgy)

download (rus): -1- -2-

download (eng): -1- -2-

Description: Very little comedy quest about Turtles Ninjas. It's style of my childish comixes about these guys  ;D

3. Time Quest (by TERNOX)

download (rus)

Description: Erh, it's not Time Quest by another AGS author (strangely, I've tried find another Time Quest in AGS archive - but nothing)... Whatever, it's game about archaeologist-historic Fred, who has recently returned from travelling to native city. Fred talked to barmen, bought strange ancient talisman from some grandma in pawnshop. And this talisman is time machine (of course!). So he can travel to past for... what?

It's interesting unusual game with 'eternity gameplay' (heh, because of some bugs) and 'fun end'. It's first AGS work by this author, and it's nice and funny)

(I've even recently created parodic sequel Time Quest 2, but it's another story))

And last hero of this competition... ta-da!!!

4. Time Paradox (by salewa)

download: -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6-

Description: It's traditional trash game, yes) What's I mean when I say "trash"? Trash (here) is non-typical (abnormal) game without smth important stuff: no plot / no gameplay / no plot & no gameplay / no plot & no gameplay, but more cool music

So, Time Paradox (nice gamename!)) is game with one-click, cool graphics, cool music, and without gameplay and gamestory.

As I unofficially call it, "mod for Robo Quest") You also must get some lil things (+connect it! it's new function!!! ;), then give it to some ticket window.

Salewa / Yurkov collected beautiful graphics & music in games, but it has *a bit* gamestory and *a bit* gameplay. However I believe he'll learn more and more about AGS and can create some interesting thing :)) Who knows)

Also there's English version to RuMAGS #3's Koschei The Immortal: The Beginning

Thank you all :) See ya.

RuMAGS #5: State secrets

Sledgy

There're English versions!

FBI Quest (by Slash Vohaul)

Time Quest 1 (original) (by TERNOX)

and it's parody sequel from me (attention! uncensored!!!)
Time Quest 2 (by Sledgy)

This version without bugs, but then you can't understand parodic Time Quest 2:
Time Quest 1.1 (fixed) (by TERNOX)

Trash Quest (by Slash Vohaul)

neon

I like Time Quest. The graphics look nice and the interface is very well done.

I also played FBI Quest, but I didn't really find out, how this works.

I've also tried Time Paradoxon. I walked around but found nothing I could do.

Anyway, the russian AGS scene seems to bring out very nice games. I'll have it mind for the future.

Ryan Timothy B

Is Time Quest anything like the AGI game by Chad Goulding which is actually called Time Quest?

Image:

I loved that game, too bad he never finished it.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: neon
I like Time Quest. The graphics look nice
You do realize they are ripped from various commercial games, do you?  :P

neon

Now that you tell me, I smell it too.

Crimson Wizard

I dont recognise all of them, but the shop background is definitely from Gabriel Knight 1 (Sins of Fathers).

Anyway, in the rules of RuMAGS they stated that "graphics are not important", so they use everything they can get, I guess.

Dualnames

What is it with you guys! It's not that you're not making the bit of sense, it's not that you;re ripping game graphics, but why sort of try to run a parallel competition?  Everyone is welcome on MAGS!

PS: If you guys continue this I will come at Russia and kill you all!!! Bwaahahahahahah..ahem.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk