We Are Vectors

Started by Guyserman82, Wed 09/12/2009 18:04:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyserman82

Crimson Wizard

Hey, nice music...

But tell, how did you draw character sprites? All of them have lots of dark-gray pixels surrounding lines.

Guyserman82

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 09/12/2009 19:00:16
Hey, nice music...

But tell, how did you draw character sprites? All of them have lots of dark-gray pixels surrounding lines.

Well, mostly I drew them pixel by pixel in MS Paint, then zoomed out so that they looked like solid lines. The grey is more or less intentional. When I saved the pictures, for whatever odd reason, Paint fouled up the quailty. But when I play-tested, I found that Sticks and Nate had to have pixel perfect percison when they were clicked on, or they wouldn't do anything. So, I tried to find a color that was really close to black without being black so that it wouldn't be an issue.
And I can't take credit for the music, really. I just found it.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Guyserman82 on Wed 09/12/2009 19:48:10
But when I play-tested, I found that Sticks and Nate had to have pixel perfect percison when they were clicked on, or they wouldn't do anything.
Oh, that. Yes, that could be a problem... however there's an option that disables pixel perfect precision and uses bounding box instead.

Guyserman82

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 09/12/2009 19:52:46
Quote from: Guyserman82 on Wed 09/12/2009 19:48:10
But when I play-tested, I found that Sticks and Nate had to have pixel perfect percison when they were clicked on, or they wouldn't do anything.
Oh, that. Yes, that could be a problem... however there's an option that disables pixel perfect precision and uses bounding box instead.
Yeah. That option was actually False when I found the problem (I went back to check, just to make sure). I guess the problem was the color that they were filled with was zero, just like the background, so AGS didn't know what to make of it. If I could find a color that looked just like black, but was accepted by AGS as a different color, I'd use that. As it was I was stuck.

Crimson Wizard

Okay, I want to say, I am stuck in this game :D

Spoiler
I think I was supposed to visit library, and guy named Sticks gave me voucher, but when I use library's door character keep saying he lost his library ticket 2000 years ago. Now I have no idea what to do.
[close]

saluk

Really great test game! The poorly drawn graphics fit so well with the story. The ending seemed a little abrupt, I think something in this same style but with a bit more meat to it could be very successful.

Crimson Wizard:
Spoiler

In case you haven't figured it out yet, don't forget to try all of the options on the library!
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk