[RELEASED] Epic adventures of Barry (completed!)

Started by Paoul, Tue 14/04/2009 13:16:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Paoul

hi people! I'm very new to this, so ive decided to make a pretty simple game. My artistic ability is very bad as well so I thought I would cleverly import that into the game.

Storyline:
Basic storyline goes that Barry is supposed to go on an epic adventure, but the creator of the game hasn't seem to have given him any objectives, so he has to make his own. He plans to track down the creator, and hopefully find a new one and have his epic adventure that he wants.
Twists and turns around every corner, meeting new characters, clever little puzzles in classic point and click style.
I hope you will enjoy it once its done. Although it could take a while before its finished lol

It's a game that doesnt take itself seriously, just a fun game with humour.
Also, if you play on long enough, Barry might get his wish :) Which will make the game a lot more fun lol

Enjoy! :)

Story: 100%
Art: 80%
Scripting: 60%
Music: 80%

m0ds

Is it a 3-parter based on Bladerunner?

:=

LRH

This looks fun! I'm pumped to play it :)

Paoul

Quote from: Domithan on Wed 15/04/2009 03:00:04
This looks fun! I'm pumped to play it :)

Im glad you think so. Should be finished soon. I think its pretty funny

Mr Flibble

I'll admit to being really picky about graphics, but that's usually because if they're bad they reveal a lack of effort in other areas,  whereas I actually laughed out loud at the line in the second screenshot. I'm thinking the amusing writing will make up for anything else.

Though I have to say, the graphical style actually adds to the humour for me.

I'll definitely be playing this one.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Dualnames

Quote from: Mr Flibble on Thu 16/04/2009 18:55:46
I'll admit to being really picky about graphics, but that's usually because if they're bad they reveal a lack of effort in other areas,  whereas I actually laughed out loud at the line in the second screenshot. I'm thinking the amusing writing will make up for anything else.

Though I have to say, the graphical style actually adds to the humour for me.

I'll definitely be playing this one.

Exactly my opinion as well. Thumbs up. I'd even add a moto.."If you can't draw, you can just laugh about it."
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Paoul

Exactly my opinion as well. Thumbs up. I'd even add a moto.."If you can't draw, you can just laugh about it."

Exactly what I was thinking hehe. I'm getting better with the drawing as I go along, but theyre still good to joke about!

Paoul

I thought i'd update with a new screenshot :)

I plan to have this place filled with lions for extra atmosphere :)

LRH

Haha... I like the lion. Keep it up, this looks fun.

Paoul

Just a little update.

I havn't done much on this for a while because of exams and other various things, so progress has been slow. Should hopefully be done in a few weeks time. :)

Paoul

Barry and his "friends" need to go on a journey.
I thought this would be nice to show a shot showing of the different characters from the game. :)

MoodyBlues

:D  The last screenshot seems so random.  I'm looking forward to this!
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

Paoul

Just a quick update to say it's still alive for anyone interested.
I'm thinking the game is getting a lot better as I progress making it.
I am improving with AGS and have many people to thank for it. The games graphics are still as bad as ever haha but hopefully you'll enjoy it.

The reason nothings been happening is because I've had to move country so its been quite stressful and busy
But heres a little glimpse of what im up to

Story - 100%
Art - 80%
Scripting - 60%
Music - 80%

I wanted to put another screenshot but i feel ive put enough as it is.
I want to make the game long enough to not make ppl think its too short so it will take a while longer before its done. But yes the games still alive!  :)

Chicky

Paoul

Hello, just an update. Once again I havnt had much time to do this game, but it is still alive!
I thought I would give a final screenshot and then I won't show anymore until I get it done and get it up here.
I'm dedicated to try and get my game up here and believe it is an enjoyable one. I just never realised it took so much time!

The sexy robots sexy adventure!

And a little update on things:

Story - 100%
Art - 90%
Scripting - 75%
Music - 80%

Paoul

This is still alive after many years.....I'm almost done I swear!

Paoul

Ok, so the game is completed! After many months and years at it hah. The game does not do the time justice, its just been something on the side for a very long I did now and then. I don't know if anyone is still actually interested but I am just doing the little bits and bobs to make it better.

Hope you like it xxx

Paoul

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk