!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Fri 18/12/2009 12:21:49

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

That fiendish Count Can't has gone and taken the town's monument for his evil purposes! The town's mayor has assigned !, Robot to the case - lend him your mind and your heart as you use your left mouse button to solve riddles and get the bad guy!

This short and silly game was made possible with the help of the following people:

Sebastian Pfaller, musician, advisor, tester and all around source of additional creativity.

Chris Jones, creator of the AGS engine - the solid and wonderful foundation that we've desecrated with this nonsense

Sylvr, who was there when I originally came up with this concept more than half a year ago, and demanded I make a game from it.

Monkey_05_06 who taught me some cool scripting without too much nagging on my behalf.

Peder Johnsen, whose webspace I soil with the presence of my games without even giving him any money.

David Pfaller, who programmed !,Robot's voice during the rap battle.

Get the game here!

Ghost

Amazing. I'm away for what, three weeks, and you release... three games? Downloading, and rubbing my hands in anicipation ;)

ThreeOhFour

It's got a 5 colour palette, so you know I basically made it just for you, Ghost :D (and Bici as well because I love him too)

bicilotti

Quote from: Ben304 on Fri 18/12/2009 12:24:21
It's got a 5 colour palette, so you know I basically made it just for you, Ghost :D (and Bici as well because I love him too)

:'(

I can feel it now

arj0n

Yeeah!, ! intended ;)

Ghost

Quote from: Ben304 on Fri 18/12/2009 12:24:21

The love is returned, in a most manly way.

Pretty good so far, really funny idea to have all locations on one screen. And the dialogue... let's see, it's
I Robot - 24 - Mr. Burns Character-a-like - Troperiffic! (with a dash of Sesame Street).

Power to the ! !

IndieBoy

AHHHH! and I'm meant to leave my house soon AHHH! *indieboy panics and tries to play this game he leaves*
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Chicky

!

You know i've been waiting for this Ben! I saw the exclamation mark on the main forum and was worried that the GIP wouldn't be worthy of such an awesome title, but then i saw that it was your experimental project! This looks brilliant! Love the pallet, downloading now.  :=

Crimson Wizard

Finally! Cool game, I really loved bottom-left and top-right puzzles :)

abibliophobe

Great game! I got stuck on the final puzzle for about fifteen minutes before I suddenly clicked and realised how to solve it haha

Leon

What can I say?

!
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

arj0n

Quote from: abibliophobe on Fri 18/12/2009 14:09:38
I got stuck on the final puzzle for about fifteen minutes before I suddenly clicked and realised how to solve it haha
heheh, that one did work out well Ben  ;)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Fri 18/12/2009 16:15:03
Quote from: abibliophobe on Fri 18/12/2009 14:09:38
I got stuck on the final puzzle for about fifteen minutes before I suddenly clicked and realised how to solve it haha
heheh, that one did work out well Ben  ;)
Actually
Spoiler

this one reminded me final "Shivah" scene
[close]

poc301

I have good and bad comments about the game :)

First, it was overall a good and fun game.  30 minutes well spent.  I loved the end credits song, very cool :)

Ben, you are one of the few game makers whose games I download and play as soon as they are released.  They are just that good.

I liked the various puzzles, all except the very final one.  Without getting into spoilers and whatnot, I just didn't get it.  I ended up beating it by clicking randomly lol.  It actually frustrated me, and 99% of games and puzzles don't (especially your other games).

Overall, another good and solid game.  I liked the all rooms on one screen idea.  Very neat.

-Bill

Bulbapuck

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like!

Leon

Great one! Once again! Much better font! Well done on the puzzles!
Also well done to the rest of the team! Only one thing to nag about!
Don't let the text go so fast! Maybe let the reader go at his own pace!
That was actually a question!

I had the most trouble with the girl in the park. I looked all over the game, trying to get the logic.
Spoiler
Maybe next time make it impossible to leave the location to get more focus on the puzzle! Or let the DJ tell you you don't have to leave the location!
[close]
That were also questions!

By the way... (maybe by design)..
Spoiler
When the witness is apathetic, he says he's cheered up!
[close]

Cheers!
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

IndieBoy

Great game! I thought I tackled the toughest puzzle in the game mid-way, but that final battle one cheeky, very cheeky. You had me writing pages of notes over it. Very good. Shifter's box or !... I can't chose now.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Ghost

This! IS!!! SPARTA "!"!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just couldn't stop myself...

Well, I beat it. Enjoyable all the way through, and for the first time in a Ben game one, two puzzles really had me scratching my head (the final puzzle, to be honest, was more an accidental solution).
Thumbs up, sire, this was awesome!

TheJBurger

Gosh, this was a hard topic to click on.  :=

Great job again, particularly with the puzzle design. I thought all of them were pretty ingenious and well-designed, except that the solutions were basically a series of lateral guesses until you get the correct solution (which was fine, except I often needed a hint as I was making incorrect guesses  :)). For instance,
Spoiler
On the phone puzzle, I thought the pattern was with the numbers [9, 5 (-4), 1 (-4), 4 (+3), 1, (-3), 3 (+2)] so I spent ages with that before discovering it was a different pattern I needed to manipulate. Also, on the ordering of sequences puzzle I totally missed the 'picnic' hotspot, but that was probably just me, so that made me mess the sequence up a bit.
[close]
In particular, I really enjoyed the 'Emotional state' puzzle. I thought that was really clever.

I was going to comment about how the font during the intro covered up the characters faces a lot (mostly just on the top left frame) but the issue never seemed to come up again during the the rest of the game. Regardless, an alternative method would be to have the text displayed in the empty space down below so it wouldn't obscure the characters as much.

Great job, I really enjoyed it!

GarageGothic

Clever way of beating Yahtzee at getting your game first in alphabetical listings! Now I'm looking forward to the sequels: question mark, semicolon and square bracket.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk